New Zealand [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Re: New Zealand [8.1.13] V20 BETA LIVE

Postby Leehar on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:38 am

agree with the fix for 2p
Image
show
User avatar
Brigadier Leehar
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director
 
Posts: 5960
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:12 pm
Location: Graduation Ceremony
Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (21) Clan Achievement (13) Training Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (1) General Contribution (8)

Re: Re: New Zealand [8.1.13] V20 BETA LIVE

Postby ManBungalow on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:05 pm

Is the Tiki "+1 bonus when held" an autodeploy?
Image
User avatar
Brigadier ManBungalow
 
Posts: 3244
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:02 am
Location: On a giant rock orbiting a star somewhere
Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: Re: New Zealand [8.1.13] V20 BETA LIVE

Postby cairnswk on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:30 pm

ManBungalow wrote:Is the Tiki "+1 bonus when held" an autodeploy?

yes MB, there's a fix coming for that shortly. :)
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: New Zealand [8.1.13] V21 BETA LIVE

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:13 pm

Attached is the xml file with the new divisor of 4 in it.
The new xml file must be uploaded because it has new centering in it.

Small
Click image to enlarge.
image

Large
Click image to enlarge.
image


http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282 ... 1S_xml.png
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282 ... 1L_xml.png

XML: http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/12/21/3378809/06_NZ.xml
Attachments
06_NZ.xml
(28.8 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: Re: New Zealand [20.1.13] V21 BETA LIVE

Postby Leehar on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:35 pm

It's still somewhat tough to tell which terr. exactly have the planes. Gisborne (and perhaps Auckland) are the best because they're right next to the actual troops (which you click on for clickable maps etc)

Perhaps put mini-airports inside the actual territories, or some other identifier like you have with the tiki's?
Or I see now that the planes are alongside the territory names, so perhaps make that explicitly stated, since sometimes I thought ashburton or mt. taranaki had a plane etc

Also, is there anyway to make mt. cook & twizei seem more seperated? the curving of the river right near the mountain made it seem they were connected.
In that same vein, is it possible to say that the rivers have Bridges?
Image
show
User avatar
Brigadier Leehar
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director
 
Posts: 5960
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:12 pm
Location: Graduation Ceremony
Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (21) Clan Achievement (13) Training Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (1) General Contribution (8)

Re: Re: New Zealand [20.1.13] V21 BETA LIVE

Postby cairnswk on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:04 pm

Leehar wrote:It's still somewhat tough to tell which terr. exactly have the planes. Gisborne (and perhaps Auckland) are the best because they're right next to the actual troops (which you click on for clickable maps etc)

Perhaps put mini-airports inside the actual territories, or some other identifier like you have with the tiki's?
Or I see now that the planes are alongside the territory names, so perhaps make that explicitly stated, since sometimes I thought ashburton or mt. taranaki had a plane etc

Also, is there anyway to make mt. cook & twizei seem more seperated? the curving of the river right near the mountain made it seem they were connected.
In that same vein, is it possible to say that the rivers have Bridges?


"Where are mine eyes".
We'll see if anyone else has these problems. :)
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: Re: New Zealand [20.1.13] V21 BETA LIVE

Postby Oneyed on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:14 pm

cairnswk wrote:
Leehar wrote:It's still somewhat tough to tell which terr. exactly have the planes. Gisborne (and perhaps Auckland) are the best because they're right next to the actual troops (which you click on for clickable maps etc)

Perhaps put mini-airports inside the actual territories, or some other identifier like you have with the tiki's?
Or I see now that the planes are alongside the territory names, so perhaps make that explicitly stated, since sometimes I thought ashburton or mt. taranaki had a plane etc

Also, is there anyway to make mt. cook & twizei seem more seperated? the curving of the river right near the mountain made it seem they were connected.
In that same vein, is it possible to say that the rivers have Bridges?


"Where are mine eyes".
We'll see if anyone else has these problems. :)


for me is question about planes clear. maybe because I´ve looked at the map more often...
...but cairn for those who have this problem you could do that frame around names will be longer and planes will be in frame with names...

Oneyed
Sergeant 1st Class Oneyed
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:29 pm
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Re: Re: New Zealand [20.1.13] V21 BETA LIVE

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:13 pm

The updated images and xml have been sent. ;)

Nobodies

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman
 
Posts: 5640
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:30 am
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Re: Re: New Zealand [20.1.13] V21 BETA LIVE

Postby cairnswk on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:21 pm

Oneyed wrote:
cairnswk wrote:
Leehar wrote:It's still somewhat tough to tell which terr. exactly have the planes. Gisborne (and perhaps Auckland) are the best because they're right next to the actual troops (which you click on for clickable maps etc)

Perhaps put mini-airports inside the actual territories, or some other identifier like you have with the tiki's?
Or I see now that the planes are alongside the territory names, so perhaps make that explicitly stated, since sometimes I thought ashburton or mt. taranaki had a plane etc

Also, is there anyway to make mt. cook & twizei seem more seperated? the curving of the river right near the mountain made it seem they were connected.
In that same vein, is it possible to say that the rivers have Bridges?


"Where are mine eyes".
We'll see if anyone else has these problems. :)


for me is question about planes clear. maybe because I´ve looked at the map more often...
...but cairn for those who have this problem you could do that frame around names will be longer and planes will be in frame with names...
Oneyed

Yes i could do that, and planes would have to be smaller ti fit inside the frame of name and to me spoil the look of the map.
I think Oneyed, that if some players simply take the time to examine the map, they will see that most of the planes sit at the end of the name frames, and that had they applied that association to Mt Taranaki or Ashburton they see exactly where the planes were. :)
Last edited by cairnswk on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: Re: New Zealand [20.1.13] V21 BETA LIVE

Postby cairnswk on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:22 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:The updated images and xml have been sent. ;)

Nobodies

thanks tnb80 :)
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: Re: New Zealand [20.1.13] V21 BETA LIVE

Postby Oneyed on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:27 pm

cairnswk wrote:I think Oneyed, that if some players simply take the time to examine the map, they will see that most of the names sit at the end of the name frames, and that had they applied that association to Mt Taranaki or Ashburton they see exactly where the planes were. :)


me too :) ...but you know people...

Oneyed
Sergeant 1st Class Oneyed
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:29 pm
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Re: Re: New Zealand [20.1.13] V21 BETA LIVE

Postby ender516 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:21 pm

The word "Mountains" is misspelled "Moutains" in the legend. (I am getting a feeling of déjà vu. Did I mention this here before, or is it just a common mistake that I have encountered elsewhere?)
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class ender516
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:07 pm
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Re: Re: New Zealand [20.1.13] V21 BETA LIVE

Postby cairnswk on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:49 pm

ender516 wrote:The word "Mountains" is misspelled "Moutains" in the legend. (I am getting a feeling of déjà vu. Did I mention this here before, or is it just a common mistake that I have encountered elsewhere?)

no, i think you might have mentioned it, and i am almost certain i fixed it, but no...somehow it hasn't translated. :oops: Bugger.
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: Re: New Zealand [20.1.13] V21 BETA LIVE

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:34 am

Ah that most kiwi of expressions "bugger" - a reference to Footrot Flats and a series of Toyota adds based on the dog!

ANyway, as to the planes - the only other solution I can think is to bold the territory border (or even shade the whole territory) so it stands out?
ImageImageImage
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8
 
Posts: 1824
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:32 pm
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (3)

Re: Re: New Zealand [20.1.13] V21 BETA LIVE

Postby cairnswk on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:40 am

thehippo8 wrote:Ah that most kiwi of expressions "bugger" - a reference to Footrot Flats and a series of Toyota adds based on the dog!

ANyway, as to the planes - the only other solution I can think is to bold the territory border (or even shade the whole territory) so it stands out?


you know, i don't think the kiwis hold the license on "bugger"...my father taught it to me when i was young and he is not kiwi.

anyways. appreciate your suggestion, but i am now reluctant to improve the planes image any at all.
my reason is this, and i don't care if i argue with the foundry chiefs...very few people bothered to come in and comment on this map while it was in production, and certainly the instigator of this request was not one of them.
User avatar
Corporal cairnswk
 
Posts: 11490
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ZombieBisque and 1 guest

Login