Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [11.1.13] BETA Update V20

Postby cairnswk on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:19 pm

nolefan5311 wrote:Just to confirm cairns...it's a max of 2 starting positions (to only affect 2 & 3 player games), or a max of 3 starting positions?

as per discussion top of page 25 which you wrote...<positions max="2">
Corporal cairnswk

Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby nolefan5311 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:34 pm

cairnswk wrote:
nolefan5311 wrote:Just to confirm cairns...it's a max of 2 starting positions (to only affect 2 & 3 player games), or a max of 3 starting positions?

Just making sure we're still at 2. Thanks.
Major nolefan5311

Medals: 108
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (29) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (12) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (4)

Postby nolefan5311 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:46 pm

Attachments
Classic_Cities__Pot_Mosbi_01-10.xml
(38.51 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Major nolefan5311

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (29) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (12) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (4)

Postby cairnswk on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:47 pm

nolefan5311 wrote:
cairnswk wrote:

you could confirm that with iancanton. :idea:
although when i wrote it, there was no dicsussion on it, os i assume it was OK.
Corporal cairnswk

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby nolefan5311 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:52 pm

cairnswk wrote:
nolefan5311 wrote:
cairnswk wrote:

you could confirm that with iancanton. :idea:
although when i wrote it, there was no dicsussion on it, os i assume it was OK.

I will just go with 2 right now. If ian wants it different, I'm sure he'll let us know :D
Major nolefan5311

Postby cairnswk on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:56 pm

nolefan5311 wrote:I will just go with 2 right now. If ian wants it different, I'm sure he'll let us know :D

OK, thanks.
Corporal cairnswk

Postby GoranZ on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:40 pm

IDK if it was proposed or not(27 pages... too much) but I think that Utilities should have 6-7 neutrals on them... as it is they are too powerful(especially for team games and unlimited reinforcements)
http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country.
Brigadier GoranZ

Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (15)

Postby cairnswk on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:41 pm

GoranZ wrote:IDK if it was proposed or not(27 pages... too much) but I think that Utilities should have 6-7 neutrals on them... as it is they are too powerful(especially for team games and unlimited reinforcements)

GoranZ. thanks for feedback.
i don't beleive it was proposed...
are you saying it is too strong as a bonus when collected in those games...
and how many bad experiences did you have with this...
and where would you put the 6-7 neutrals if you had them?
Corporal cairnswk

Postby GoranZ on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:21 pm

No they are too powerful when it comes to ease of connecting remote areas of the map. And since they are initially ether to some player or neutral it gives them very powerful role(Almost all attack will go threw them, and defenders cant defend since no one will know where the attack force will go to). But if they are initially neutral with certain amount of units on them their role for blitzkrieg attack in the beginning stages of the game will be reduced although they will still be quite powerful later in the game. Cretan amount of neutrals on them(it doesn't have to be 6-7... it can be 5) will probably render their usefulness in round 1, but not for later rounds. If there is a change in them then probably the utilities bonus should be changed also.

cairnswk wrote:and how many bad experiences did you have with this...
and where would you put the 6-7 neutrals if you had them?

All Utilities territories should start with neutrals on them... I had surprising experience(not bad) in one of the games I play on the map when I realized what can be done with those connecting territories :)... Generally the goal for my proposal is to make the map littlebit slower when it comes to eliminating an enemy in the begining stages of the game, especially in unlimited reinforcements.

Other then this the map looks quite impressive.
http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country.
Brigadier GoranZ

Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (15)

Postby benga on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:52 am

Losing conditions don't work or are badly described!!!

I am holding all tribes and my opponent still lives!!!
mislick!
Colonel benga

Medals: 163
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (14)
Clan Achievement (33) Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Postby cairnswk on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:14 am

benga wrote:Losing conditions don't work or are badly described!!!

Game 12200217

benga, unfortuntely unless your take a screenshot and post it for me, i am unable to assist you since you will insist on playing fog when the map is in beta...i can't see a darned thing about who holds what, and the game log is just as useless.

are you sure ViperOverLord does not hold a tribe? or is there a tribe that is neutral?
Corporal cairnswk

Postby benga on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:32 pm

cairnswk wrote:
benga wrote:Losing conditions don't work or are badly described!!!

Game 12200217

benga, unfortuntely unless your take a screenshot and post it for me, i am unable to assist you since you will insist on playing fog when the map is in beta...i can't see a darned thing about who holds what, and the game log is just as useless.

are you sure ViperOverLord does not hold a tribe? or is there a tribe that is neutral?

We are still playing so I can post snap later, I took over all of his tribes have 8 of them now, not sure where Motu is.

Oh found Motu, my bad, somehow thought I have 8 tribes :)

Thx for your time!
mislick!
Colonel benga

Medals: 163
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (31) General Achievement (14)
Clan Achievement (33) Challenge Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Postby cairnswk on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:18 pm

benga wrote:....

We are still playing so I can post snap later, I took over all of his tribes have 8 of them now, not sure where Motu is.

Oh found Motu, my bad, somehow thought I have 8 tribes :)

Thx for your time!

You don't have to actually take-over 8 tribes to win, just eliminate your opponent's tribes, so it may be that VOL has the Motu Tribe, which is why the game hasn't finished.
Corporal cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:26 pm

nolefan5311 wrote:The updated XML is linked and attached.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/5/13/3303803/Classic_Cities__Pot_Mosbi_01-10.xml

Seems this hasn't been uploaded yet.
Noles...can you attend to that please with tnb. :)
thanks
Corporal cairnswk

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:19 pm

The files have been sent.

Nobodies

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas