Conquer Club

Changing the turn order from alpha

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Changing the turn order from alpha

Postby Gern Blanston on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:46 pm

Hi folks. I did search to see if this topic had been addressed. I play with a group of 5 other friends from work, and we always get our turns in the same order in each game because the system always seems to sort us alphabetically. This is getting a little stale so I thought I should ask if there is any way to shake up the turn order (other than turning off the turn rule) so that it doesn't always have us going according to alphabetical order.

Thanks.
Corporal 1st Class Gern Blanston

Re: Changing the turn order from alpha

Postby spiesr on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:01 pm

The play order is determined by the order in which player's join the game. (With the starting point in that list being random.) If you want a different order players need to join in a different order. The system does not alphabetically sort you.
Captain spiesr

Postby Jippd on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:03 pm

Turn order is not decided alphabetically.

I looked at the six games you have played. Of them Mr. Panos started three times. Other than that there was 2 other starts and 1 other start by different players that I saw.

The person who starts the game is randomly decided. From there it just works down the list and back up to the top.
Major Jippd

Postby Gern Blanston on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:05 am

I do understand that the first player to take a turn is not selected alphabetically, but once that turn is taken, in Jippd's phrasing, "from there it just works down the list and back up to the top". Correct me if I am wrong, but in all six of my games, that list has been sorted alphabetically by the game. Because of this, everyone always plays in the same order. Using my games as the example, I always play immediately after GenghisQuang and immediately before Vishas. That's the alphabetical order I was hoping to be able to scramble up in some manner. It's understandable that this wouldn't bother the majority of the folks who play here, since I'm guessing most people play at least some of their games with a wider variety of opponents than I do. :)

Postby Jippd on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:09 am

The order that you are in the list is based on the order that you joined the games.

If you create the game you are listed first.

Second to join is listed second, third to join is listed third, fourth to join is listed fourth etc. etc.

So the order you are in the list depends on the order that you joined the game.

If you are being invited to these games the player sending the invites may be inviting you in alphabetical order and that explains your issue. Consider telling the inviter to send invites not in alphabetical order.
Major Jippd

Postby Gern Blanston on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:12 am

Hmm, I have already asked him if he sent the invites alphabetically, and he told me that he did not. I'll go back to him to get him to check if he's doing this unwittingly (perhaps because he goes down his friends list alphabetically?). Thanks very much for the insight.

Postby Jippd on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:37 am

Yes he must. When a player is invited the slot they are invited in is "reserved" for them
Major Jippd

Postby Gern Blanston on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:48 am

Gotcha. I notice the friend list (at least my friend list) seems to be alphabetized, so it would make sense that he'd do the invites that way each time. Thanks again.

Return to Conquer Club Discussion