Conquer Club

Best (Randomness) Of 2012 Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Best (Randomness) Of 2012 (12/12) Day One

Postby jonty125 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:32 pm

crazymilkshake5 has been prodded. AGAIN!
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:54 pm

spiesr wrote:
rishaed wrote:Ok I am Parker [b]Town Bodyguard[b], from Alien Mafia. Now can we please go somewhere else?
So, how do we evaluate the authenticity of a claim in this game, we there is a finite but vast number of potential fake-claims available? We don't a have record of actions to compare it against yet. I suppose that as a Bodyguard we can just wait and see if he dies. (Since unless he gets blocked he should find a bullet to jump in front of within a few days.) The flip side to that is how long can we wait before deciding that it was fake? With only 12 players we won't likely have a lot of Days at our disposal.
What does everybody else think?

I say play it by ear. Definitely not a good D1 lynch target, and probably not a good D2 target either, but D3/4 we will start looking at it.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:14 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
spiesr wrote:
rishaed wrote:Ok I am Parker [b]Town Bodyguard[b], from Alien Mafia. Now can we please go somewhere else?
So, how do we evaluate the authenticity of a claim in this game, we there is a finite but vast number of potential fake-claims available? We don't a have record of actions to compare it against yet. I suppose that as a Bodyguard we can just wait and see if he dies. (Since unless he gets blocked he should find a bullet to jump in front of within a few days.) The flip side to that is how long can we wait before deciding that it was fake? With only 12 players we won't likely have a lot of Days at our disposal.
What does everybody else think?

I say play it by ear. Definitely not a good D1 lynch target, and probably not a good D2 target either, but D3/4 we will start looking at it.

Its authentic. I'm probably going to get NK'd tonight so Imma gonna throw out a few thoughts. 1st. I wouldn't choose Bodyguard as a fakeclaim in this game. There are alot more interesting and flavor roles I would be drawn to instead. and with 300+ roles from to choose from, I couldn't really go wrong. It would be my misfortune to actually Fakeclaim one of the 12 roles in this game :lol: :lol: In which case I fail as scum and deserve to be lynched. :roll: Now apart from that Massclaims won't work in this game. . . The more roles that are claimed the more options scum has to choose from Ex. We might have 3 scum. I have claimed so the chances of hitting one of the nine townie roles are 8/379 apprx. (Usually 1/3 of roles in a standard Mafia game are scum so 583- 1/3*583 -4(I have claimed so 1 less unknown role and assuming 3 Scum roles)). This is from 9/380ish Chances of fakeclaiming wrong just went from 2.3%ish to 2.1%ish. Now if it were me I'd take these odds any day and claim tracker, watcher, doc, cop (If I'm mafia i can't go wrong. . .)the Counterbodyguard from CYOC to name a few. Not a bodyguard which will eventually die from a NK/protecting someone. Now If I know that someone is a doc, thats great. But I might just as likely be protecting a VT. Course I'd be laughing if we ended up with three Doc's in this game :lol: :lol:
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby rishaed on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:32 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:The reason I didn't unvote is because of your behavior after the case. Yes, my initial case was poor. However, your reaction to the case was even poorer, which caused the vote to stay where it is. I can understand why you are frustrated right now, and I am pretty pissed that you ended up being a bodyguard. However, venge-lynching me won't help anything.

Hank, if I haven't "done anything suspicious" as you claim, then why is edoc voting for me?

Sorry for the double post, buuut. . . You had a case? On me? When was that? Oh you mean that thing based on made up facts :roll: :lol: :lol: and when I go and disprove that case in under a paragraph :o you say I overreact? I had solid reasons to vote you, I needed my vote to stand out because I had a joke vote on you that I hadn't taken off, thus distinguishing it from the other vote. You say it was Poor???!! it was nonexistant, like my vote on Hank right now. And like I said elsewhere I don't lynch/kill ppl because of poor cases. I mean if you had anything that was actually existant I probably would have addressed it and moved on. As I tried to do before I noticed the inconsistencies. I mean you got no BW'ing, no OMGUS votes, not even that "squirming under pressure" that you talked about. I actually built a counter-case from your "case" on me :ugeek: . I'll get frustrated if you guys lynch me today. :|
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby rishaed on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 pm

rishaed wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:The reason I didn't unvote is because of your behavior after the case. Yes, my initial case was poor. However, your reaction to the case was even poorer, which caused the vote to stay where it is. I can understand why you are frustrated right now, and I am pretty pissed that you ended up being a bodyguard. However, venge-lynching me won't help anything.

Hank, if I haven't "done anything suspicious" as you claim, then why is edoc voting for me?

Sorry for the double post, buuut. . . You had a case? On me? When was that? Oh you mean that thing based on made up facts :roll: :lol: :lol: and when I go and disprove that case in under a paragraph :o you say I overreact? I had solid reasons to vote you, I needed my vote to stand out because I had a joke vote on you that I hadn't taken off, thus distinguishing it from the other vote. You say it was Poor???!! it was nonexistant, like my vote on Hank right now. And like I said elsewhere I don't lynch/kill ppl because of poor cases. I mean if you had anything that was actually existant I probably would have addressed it and moved on. As I tried to do before I noticed the inconsistencies. I mean you got no BW'ing, no OMGUS votes, not even that "squirming under pressure" that you talked about. I actually built a counter-case from your "case" on me :ugeek: . I'll get frustrated if you guys lynch me today. :|

EBWOP, I will admit that I'm venting a bit though :) I mean you guys jump on a wagon thats about to fall apart and yet won't go after Doom, who has effectively has a skeleton in the closet or has kicked up enough dust that nobody can see anything important :-s :-s I don't really understand your guys logic 8-[

Postby jonty125 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:08 am

53 hours to deadline.

Prods sent to:
Iron Butterfly
Kanin Usagi
pancakemix
thechuck51

If I find a replacement before D2, they will replace crazymilkshake5 if not, his role will be modkilled.
Cook jonty125

Postby thechuck51 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:53 am

Prod received

unvote vote doom

As edoc said that was a weak wagon and I think there is enough time left in the day to get a claim out of doom.

I am still suspicious of soundman. He has posted once since confirm and it was to jump on the rish bandwagon. Major scumarining on his part.
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby jonty125 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:11 am

thechuck51 wrote:He [soundman]has posted once since confirm and it was to jump on the rish bandwagon.

I'm giving soundman until Tuesday to show his face, he has posted in the Vacation Thread.
Cook jonty125

Postby pancakemix on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:11 am

I mean come on man. Your one of the fucking nominees. You force a claim for THIS? I know you aren't reading this much, you got prodded with me too, you just jumped on the current fucking wagon. Shame on you. If I were a vig I would peg you tonight without question.

Dude, it's Day 1. I KNOW it's not a good case. We need info, we got some. No reason to get testy.

You have also proven that you are not the one reading at all. Let's look:

I mean come on man. Your one of the fucking nominees. You force a claim for THIS? I know you aren't reading this much, you got prodded with me too, you just jumped on the current fucking wagon. Shame on you. If I were a vig I would peg you tonight without question.

See, you're saying that I'm voting him for "bandwagoning" . That's not true, and I will acknowledge he didn't do that. For my reasoning you have to look at my prior post, which you neglected to do:

That said, I know I've been in favor of pursuing cases but not actually willing to put my vote on them, mainly because I wanted to see them develop. But it's D1, early D1 at that. I don't see the point of supporting a case and not actually putting a vote there at this point, at least not without good reason.

In other words, if he thinks there's anything to it, he should put his vote there. It's Day, what's there to lose? And by the nature of my own case, I kinda have to put my vote on him, don't I?

Now, if you had been carefully reading as you claim I have not been, you would know that that's what my case is based on, but instead you saw a lone vote hanging in the wilderness with no case attached and flipped out.

Now, given the claim, I will Unvote, but I think that me and to some extent Doom are being misconstrued.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Kanin Usagi on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:50 pm

thechuck51 wrote:Prod received

unvote vote doom

As edoc said that was a weak wagon and I think there is enough time left in the day to get a claim out of doom.

I am still suspicious of soundman. He has posted once since confirm and it was to jump on the rish bandwagon. Major scumarining on his part.

I think we've had enough day one claims. We already may lose a bodyguard because of it.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby spiesr on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:40 pm

Kanin Usagi wrote:I think we've had enough day one claims. We already may lose a bodyguard because of it.
Not sure what you mean by "lose a bodyguard." A bodyguard played properly is going to die eventually, being that the point of the vanilla bodyguard ability is to sacrifice yourself to prolong the life of someone more important. Accordingly if the mafia end up killing a bodyguard because the person claimed it isn't a total loss. By soaking up that nightkill the bodyguard is still fulfilling his purpose of preventing other town players from being killed, sub-optimally but not an entirely wasted death.
Now, if the scum have have a roleblocker they can use that to prevent the bodyguard from actually doing anything. This scenario is certainly undesirable as it allows the scum to bypass a town protective role, but the bodyguard isn't really "lost," just reduced to a VT for the duration of the scum roleblocker targeting him.
rishaed wrote:
show
Well scum will want to choose they fakeclaims based on what helps them win the most rather than what sounds most interesting. Normally this is going to be whatever they feel will give them the best chance of surviving as long as possible. As such, scum are going to want roles which are hard to disprove. Either something which doesn't leave any traces that can be detected and/or information that can be proven false, or something that that can fake using whatever powers they have as scum. So picking anything too powerful may be a poor choice, as eventually the lack of evidence will become apparent.
Where does a vanilla bodyguard claim fit into all of this? It promises to eventually provide proof in the bodyguard's nearly inevitable death. However given the sometimes difficult task of predicting night kill targets that proof can somewhat reasonably take a long time to show up. In respect to any watcher/tracker activity, the bodyguard obviously should not be seen visiting anybody who dies (barring Ninjas and whatnot). Visiting someone else (IE using some other scum power) is reasonable.
Captain spiesr

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:05 pm

jonty125 wrote:If I find a replacement before D2, they will replace crazymilkshake5 if not, his role will be modkilled.

Everyone jumped down my throat for my interpretation of jonty's first post of the idea. Anyone else wanna handle the interpretation of this? Is this a VT sign?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby edocsil on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:48 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
jonty125 wrote:If I find a replacement before D2, they will replace crazymilkshake5 if not, his role will be modkilled.

Everyone jumped down my throat for my interpretation of jonty's first post of the idea. Anyone else wanna handle the interpretation of this? Is this a VT sign?

Safe to assume the role isn't totally groundbreaking. Jonty wouldn't just MK the town cop. Maybe not VT, but not high power IMO.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby rishaed on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:48 pm

I have to agree w/ edoc's opinion. I mean he wouldn't be MK'ing the Godfather, unless the game had so many OP roles that it didn't matter anyways. I would like a claim from Doom (at this point a lynch would be okay by me as well), however since it seems like that isn't going anywhere right now, for sake of progress I will try to consider other suspects before I die.

Postby jonty125 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:02 am

DoomYoshi (4) - spiesr; edocsil; rishaed; thechuck51;
rishaed (3) - soundman; Kanin Usagi; Hank44Soccer;
Kanin Usagi (1) - crazymilkshake5

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch, as things stand a no lynch would be enforced.

Deadline is Wednesday 23 January at 1600 GMT.
Cook jonty125

Postby jonty125 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:04 am

Prods have been sent to:

gregwolf121
Hank44Soccer
Iron Butterfly AGAIN!
soundman
Cook jonty125

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:08 pm

Hey folks. Sorry i have not been able to focus to much on mafia lately for a variety of reasons. Anyways...

As usual a lot of hot air and finger pointing with no substance. Doom was being Doom as far as Vodean is concerned..trying to second guess jonty.

I have my gut feeling with no substance as well after reading through a few times. Hell I may as well say it :lol: Spiesr sure is a long winded poster for simple stuff. The whole WIFOM body guard will die eventually just sounded like he was posting to seem like he had something important to say.

The game is RANDOM. Our Roles have been picked at RANDOM. There is no guarantee on what roles are in the game so this whole wasted space about someone roleblocking a body guard was...wasted space and empty words.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby gregwolf121 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:42 pm

hey still here, and nothing new, meaning it just a regular day one
Captain gregwolf121

Postby jonty125 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:52 pm

Nebuchadnezer replaces crazymilkshake5.

All votes placed by or on crazymilkshake5 have been removed.
Cook jonty125

Postby jonty125 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:53 pm

DoomYoshi (4) - spiesr; edocsil; rishaed; thechuck51;

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch, as things stand DoomYoshi would be lynched.

Deadline is Friday 25 January at 1600 GMT.

DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED by 48 hours because of replacement.
Cook jonty125

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:59 pm

jonty125 wrote:DoomYoshi (4) - spiesr; edocsil; rishaed; thechuck51;

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch, as things stand DoomYoshi would be lynched.

Deadline is Friday 25 January at 1600 GMT.

DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED by 48 hours because of replacement.

How did we go from no lynch to me being the candidate?

vote Hank

Yes, it's a blatant sideswipe against my own wagon, but I would rather not have to claim today, and Hank hasn't done much but copy me.

I would also support a no lynch if nobody else feels Hank deserves our focus.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jonty125 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:22 pm

Rule 6 wrote:Lynching to end the day early, requires a majority of the vote, and once the majority has been reached any and all unvotes will not be counted. If deadline is reached and there is a majority from the turnout, then the lynch will still carry on. If there is a draw, there will be a 24 hour run-off period where only voting is allowed and no discussion.

In this case a turnout of 7 votes, you with 4 of them Doom would have meant you been lynched if deadline fell.
Cook jonty125

Postby soundman on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:52 pm

I'm back! Unvote. My vote on Rish wasn't a serious vote. Unfortunately votes quickly piled up before I could unvote. IMO Doom is playing to his META and Hank is acting like a noob (is he a noob? I haven't seen him in any other games). Out of the two I'd be more inclined to vote Hank unless he's brand new.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:10 pm

soundman wrote:I'm back! Unvote. My vote on Rish wasn't a serious vote. Unfortunately votes quickly piled up before I could unvote. IMO Doom is playing to his META and Hank is acting like a noob (is he a noob? I haven't seen him in any other games). Out of the two I'd be more inclined to vote Hank unless he's brand new.

He played before a few games. Probably over a year now.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Hank44Soccer wrote:
rishaed wrote:For my Townie Defense I have this. . .
rishaed wrote:Just a quick thought when claiming we really should include the Game that it was from. It makes things easier to check, and town should have no problem doing so seeing as there's no reason to worry about fakeclaiming.

However I will leave my joke vote on Doom atm...
[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=183503&start=30#p4022651]jokevote]
As much as I like being targeted by someone who has been around longer than I have, This IS completely obvious as a joke vote, and the SECOND vote in the game, maybe a few minutes after it started. Now you are misconstruing facts and saying it was a scummy BW. I think the scummy one is yourself mister Yoshi. Thus, not is sound partially active, but I have caught you misconstruing facts so that I will seem scummy. This is a case where I will support completely. UNVOTE VOTE DOOM! just so you can read that mister scum ;)

I voted for him, because, he's throwing out accusations, and the Big All caps text, seems over the top. I don't know why he's calling Doom Yoshi a scum , he hasn't done anything suspicious. I don't know what to think about his claim, it may or may not be true. I don't know what to think yet, but I do know, that he was getting really excited over nothing.

Ok we have 48 hrs. Either we lynch doom, not all that bad IMHO :roll:, or we go for hank. Here's why, This is explanation of voting for me, at which time he hadn't voted saying anything but "Vote Rish" + a 1 liner at all. Either A. He just hopped on the Wagon (BW'ing), without reading my defense. Or B. was not expecting to be asked why he was voting. :lol: Because If he had read what I summed up in a short paragraph then he wouldn't say he wouldn't know why I was calling Doom scum :roll: And seriously, when was throwing out accusations scummy in mafia? Its what cases are "Accusations".

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives