Conquer Club

Assasin games with a round limit

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Assasin games with a round limit

Postby generalhead on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:19 pm

I am running a Assassin tournament with nuclear spoils and there is a round limit. In the tournament there are three and four player assassin games with
a round limit. In the tournament the loser of the match is eliminated and the rest move on. There were a few questions brought up though that I don't know how to answer. I was wondering if some one could help me. Here is the question.

I know that in a round limit game the player with the most troops at the end of the game is the winner. What if at the end of the game The troops count is tied. Is there another factor if the troop count is tied like territory count. What if the Troop count and the territory count is tied is there a third factor.

Thank you in advance for your response.
Last edited by generalhead on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant generalhead

Re: Assasin games with a round limit

Postby SaMejoHn on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:24 pm

then it will be decided by the order in which the players joined. but i dont know if the order is exclusive to the people in the troop count and region tie or if it is for everyone in the game. :roll:
Major SaMejoHn

Postby greenoaks on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:37 pm

SaMejoHn wrote:then it will be decided by the order in which the players joined. but i dont know if the order is exclusive to the people in the troop count and region tie or if it is for everyone in the game. :roll:

the log says who won using that method but i don't think it lists the order of everone. in the tournament in question last place is eliminated.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Swifte on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:40 pm

Instructions wrote:Round Limit

With round limits, the game will automatically finish at the end of the specified round. The winner will be the surviving player with the most troops. If there is a tie, it will be broken based on the most regions. If there is still a tie, the winner is selected based on join order. When playing a round limited game with teams, the winning team will be based on combined teamwide troop count. This option is great for avoiding stalemates and can add some spice to the game as the deadline approaches!

As far as who to eliminate - perhaps it should be the winner's target, if round limit is reached. Should be apparent from the log i would think?
Colonel Swifte

Postby generalhead on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:45 pm

Swifte wrote:

With round limits, the game will automatically finish at the end of the specified round. The winner will be the surviving player with the most troops. If there is a tie, it will be broken based on the most regions. If there is still a tie, the winner is selected based on join order. When playing a round limited game with teams, the winning team will be based on combined teamwide troop count. This option is great for avoiding stalemates and can add some spice to the game as the deadline approaches!

As far as who to eliminate - perhaps it should be the winner's target, if round limit is reached. Should be apparent from the log i would think?

I like this. This might solve the problem. The winners target is eliminated if the time limit is reached.

Thank you guys for your response.
Sergeant generalhead

Postby generalhead on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:20 pm

generalhead wrote:
Swifte wrote:

I like this. This might solve the problem. The winners target is eliminated if the time limit is reached.

Thank you guys for your response.

Ok I thought this was a good idea, but there is now way to tell who the winners target was.

Should I just go with the loser of the match then whoever the game log says it is. It will list the players in order of how they are
eliminated. There has to be a way for it to tell who won the game and who came in last.
Sergeant generalhead

Postby spiesr on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:57 pm

You should be able to determine the "last place" player simply by looking for who has the lowest troop count.
Or you could go with the winner's target with the logic that they would be most likely to be assassinated. Or the person trageting the winner, as they clearly were not doing a good job if their target won. Both of these require the honor system for your players to truthfully report their targets.

Question, how does you tournament handling a player killing someone else's target? As written here is seems like they would advance by doing so. Is this the desired result you want?
Captain spiesr

Postby Jippd on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:00 pm

What maps do you plan to play this tournament on? I would think on most non neutral heavy maps that it would be a very rare occasion for your scenario to occur. Also think abut eliminating the round limit and just making the game escalating spoils as that will solve a stalemate hopefully.

You could always have the "winner" that is decided with a territory and troop count tie take a screen shot of their target and send it to you. This way you can be sure of who their target was and who to eliminate.

Regarding the point spiesr brought up if someone eliminates the wrong target then you should make them the automatic loser
Major Jippd

Postby generalhead on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:07 pm

Jippd wrote:What maps do you plan to play this tournament on? I would think on most non neutral heavy maps that it would be a very rare occasion for your scenario to occur. Also think abut eliminating the round limit and just making the game escalating spoils as that will solve a stalemate hopefully.

You could always have the "winner" that is decided with a territory and troop count tie take a screen shot of their target and send it to you. This way you can be sure of who their target was and who to eliminate.

Regarding the point spiesr brought up if someone eliminates the wrong target then you should make them the automatic loser

Good point about the eliminating the wrong player. This will be added to the rules.

The tournament games are random, and I want them to be nuclear assassin.
Sergeant generalhead

Postby generalhead on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:10 pm

Jippd wrote:What maps do you plan to play this tournament on? I would think on most non neutral heavy maps that it would be a very rare occasion for your scenario to occur. Also think abut eliminating the round limit and just making the game escalating spoils as that will solve a stalemate hopefully.

I try not take make extra work for the players of my tournament. I watch all of my tournament games and record the winners myself.
I think I might just stick with who ever the game log says is the loser loses.
Sergeant generalhead

Postby spiesr on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:16 pm

generalhead wrote:I think I might just stick with who ever the game log says is the loser loses.
What do you mean by this? This game log it self does no specify a "loser," just the winner.
Captain spiesr

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:15 pm

spiesr wrote:
generalhead wrote:I think I might just stick with who ever the game log says is the loser loses.
What do you mean by this? This game log it self does no specify a "loser," just the winner.

i think he means eliminated. and that IS shown in the log
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby spiesr on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:03 pm

What the game log shows when an assassin game ends by round limit.
2011-10-14 11:00:42 - Round limit reached, Player 3 has the most troops
2011-10-14 11:00:42 - Player 3 won the game
2011-10-14 11:00:42 - Player 1 lost 32 points
2011-10-14 11:00:42 - Player 2 lost 22 points
2011-10-14 11:00:42 - Player 4 lost 42 points
2011-10-14 11:00:42 - Player 3 gained 96 points
The player lost X points lines are in player order.
Captain spiesr

Postby agentcom on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:44 pm

SirSebstar wrote:
spiesr wrote:

i think he means eliminated. and that IS shown in the log

... I think he means whoever has the least amount of troops
Colonel agentcom

Postby generalhead on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:04 pm

Bob shows and elimination summary

Elimination Summary
2012-10-07 18:45:58 - NewbishDelight was kicked out for missing too many turns in round - 14
2012-10-29 18:34:51 - riggins4441 eliminated jakewesthoff from the game in round - 28
2012-10-31 22:08:04 - Tsouke eliminated jah-ke from the game in round - 30
2012-12-14 13:10:24 - Hoosierdaddy eliminated generalhead from the game in round - 87
2013-01-10 11:59:13 - riggins4441 eliminated Hoosierdaddy from the game in round - 131
2013-01-15 14:29:31 - riggins4441 eliminated Snake53 from the game in round - 136
2013-01-16 13:01:00 - riggins4441 eliminated Tsouke from the game in round - 138
2013-01-16 13:01:00 - jakewesthoff lost 31 points in round - 138
2013-01-16 13:01:00 - generalhead lost 16 points in round - 138

The player at the top is the loser. I don't know how else to say this other than Whoever the Elimination summary says is the loser, loses.
Sergeant generalhead

Postby spiesr on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:34 pm

Game 10508931
This game is an assassin game which ended by round limit. As you can see the elimination summary is different as no players were eliminated. NodLoyalist is at the top, but this is only because he is Player 1. Nobody was eliminated and all of the losers lost simultaneously.
Captain spiesr

Postby SirSebstar on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:28 am

spiesr wrote:Game 10508931
This game is an assassin game which ended by round limit. As you can see the elimination summary is different as no players were eliminated. NodLoyalist is at the top, but this is only because he is Player 1. Nobody was eliminated and all of the losers lost simultaneously.

2012-03-11 14:15:47 - Round limit reached, mikemaks has the most troops
2012-03-11 14:15:47 - mikemaks won the game
2012-03-11 14:15:47 - NodLoyalist lost 11 points
Major SirSebstar

Postby Jippd on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:30 am

All of the other players in that game say they lost and they are listed in order of join as spiesr says. So there is no way to define the target of blue by the log alone.
Major Jippd

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:33 am

Jippd wrote:All of the other players in that game say they lost and they are listed in order of join as spiesr says. So there is no way to define the target of blue by the log alone.

facepalm.
duh i get it now
Major SirSebstar

Postby qwertylpc on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:49 am

but just to consider what would you do if the winners target (strongest player) happened to be the second strongest player.

For your tournament would you really want to eliminate the second strongest player?
-qwertylpc :D 8-) :lol:

My active tournaments looking for players
Q's "Hey you went first!"
Q's 1v1 NBA Playoffs
Q's Feudal Overlord

Game 9151351
Most Consecutive Troops Defeated 0
Most Consecutive Troops Lost 14
Major qwertylpc

Location: In front of a computer somewhere out there in the universe

Postby Jippd on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:22 pm

qwertylpc wrote:but just to consider what would you do if the winners target (strongest player) happened to be the second strongest player.

For your tournament would you really want to eliminate the second strongest player?

His question is posed with players of equal region count and equal troop count at the end of the game. So all of the players are equally "strong"
Major Jippd

Postby qwertylpc on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:49 pm

Jippd wrote:
qwertylpc wrote:but just to consider what would you do if the winners target (strongest player) happened to be the second strongest player.

His question is posed with players of equal region count and equal troop count at the end of the game. So all of the players are equally "strong"

thats not what Im saying
-qwertylpc :D 8-) :lol:

My active tournaments looking for players
Q's "Hey you went first!"
Q's 1v1 NBA Playoffs
Q's Feudal Overlord

Game 9151351
Most Consecutive Troops Defeated 0
Most Consecutive Troops Lost 14
Major qwertylpc

Location: In front of a computer somewhere out there in the universe

Postby darth emperor on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:38 pm

qwertylpc wrote:
Jippd wrote:

thats not what Im saying

Well, that's true. Maybe the round limit for assassin is skewed in the same sense as team games were. Maybe in assassin games, who should win is not the one with most troops, but the assassin of the player with less troops... :roll:
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:01 am

darth emperor wrote:Well, that's true. Maybe the round limit for assassin is skewed in the same sense as team games were. Maybe in assassin games, who should win is not the one with most troops, but the assassin of the player with less troops... :roll:

so you want players to win who have the stupidest target?
Major SirSebstar

Postby darth emperor on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:15 pm

SirSebstar wrote:
darth emperor wrote:Well, that's true. Maybe the round limit for assassin is skewed in the same sense as team games were. Maybe in assassin games, who should win is not the one with most troops, but the assassin of the player with less troops... :roll:

so you want players to win who have the stupidest target?

Just imagine:
Red has 40 troops and his target is green
Green has 39 troops and his target is blue
Blue has 1 troop, and just going to die

Red wins, when the game is totally of green. Like the current approach, you are encouraging just to stall in the last rounds. But in an assassin that would let to make a lot of movement. I see that with more sense for an assassin.
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion