Conquer Club

Old feedback system

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Old feedback system

Postby CBlake on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:54 pm

Can you still leave feedback? Or can we only do rating now? I like the old feedback where you could actually write personal things, instead of being subject to only use bland "Tags" sigh.
dcowboys055 wrote:The alaska PD pwned you brian.
Captain CBlake

Re: Old feedback system

Postby JBlombier on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:01 pm

We can't leave feedback for others anymore, sadly. You're able to leave a rating and your friends might add a nice comment to it, which you can consider as feedback, but I'd still like to be able to leave feedback myself. It's not gonna change, though. Too much trouble for the mods, which I can understand.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:21 pm

I think you can still leave feedback for a rating given though, like an explanation.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:50 am

Funkyterrance wrote:I think you can still leave feedback for a rating given though, like an explanation.

Correct.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby cooky24 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:20 pm

Although something is old, but most people like it still :D
New Recruit cooky24

Postby Gilligan on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:51 am

I liked the old feedback system. I remember there were a few feedback whores, JR24, clapper, and to a lesser extent myself.
Captain Gilligan

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:51 am

I would love to have a chance to try this system. The current one is pretty vague.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby JBlombier on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:37 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:I would love to have a chance to try this system. The current one is pretty vague.

Yeah, the feedback system wasn't vague at all. It sometimes turned out to be somewhat insulting, but there where plenty of people with 50+ positive feedback and no/only a few negatives. I still don't understand why the mods spent time on that. Just ignore it; be (even the slightest bit of) an asshole and you can expect a negative feedback. I've never recieved it, because I act kinda normal in my games. If I don't and get shit on my feedbacklist, you won't hear me complain later.

Removing feedback for ratings was a means to pussifie CC. I don't buy the "mods were too busy"-stuff, because I never understood why mods bothered to look at it in the first place. The players of CC should grow a pair or two if they really wanted the mods to help them out with some digital 'insults'. As long as it is within CC's guidelines (which it almost always was, because they are broad enough, I can assure you that), I don't see the problem. In the few cases it wasn't (bigotry and a very small list of other things), bans should just be very heavy and it'd be easy to maintain. Then CC would send a message: feedback is not meant as an insult to your opponent, but as feedback, just like we called it!

And yes, my opinion has changed during this topic. I drank a little more and am now nostalgic to old rambling days of tearing up someone's feedback in a friendly way.
Colonel JBlombier

Postby kentington on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:25 pm

If I remember correctly, the feedback system without the mods is mostly worthless. There was a ton of retaliation feedback. People would be a jerk get bad feedback and leave bad feedback for everyone in the game even if they were nice.
Bruceswar Ā» Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:We all had tons of men..
Sergeant kentington

Postby CBlake on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:32 pm

Not many people cared that much about getting negative feedback, it was going to happen, but there is no substitute for being able to put into words whatever you want to describe a player or compliment.. Instead we are subjected to simple tags such as "friendly" or "Deadbeat" or "good strategy". It's so generic it's almost not even worth doing.
Captain CBlake

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:19 pm

If anything it sounds to me like there would just be more of a "paper trail" leading to someone's bad ratings. I mean, lets face it, good feedback is rarely investigated. If there were a detailed explanation of what happened it seems like you could tell just by looking back at the game in question who was being honest and who was just being vindictive, etc..
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby zimmah on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:40 pm

kentington wrote:If I remember correctly, the feedback system without the mods is mostly worthless. There was a ton of retaliation feedback. People would be a jerk get bad feedback and leave bad feedback for everyone in the game even if they were nice.

true, that was the main problem.

a lot of the feedback was retaliatory, which is much harder to do now. however, they could instead make it so that you can only leave feedback after a game ended, and before it goes to the archive, just like with ratings right now, and that would solve the problem.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby rhp 1 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:47 pm

all negative issues with the old school feedback are overblown.. old system was much better.. specificity always trumps vague-as-hell stars... I always enjoyed being able to opine about what a horrible player someone was... really enjoyed it.. now all I have is hit and runs in game chat...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby decoulombe on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:39 pm

JBlombier wrote:We can't leave feedback for others anymore, sadly. You're able to leave a rating and your friends might add a nice comment to it, which you can consider as feedback, but I'd still like to be able to leave feedback myself. It's not gonna change, though. Too much trouble for the mods, which I can understand.

You can also put something on the user's wall but sadly this is not the same as to good ol' feedback :-(
"You can't rule the world in hiding. You've got to come out on the balcony sometime and wave a tentacle"
Cadet decoulombe

Postby king achilles on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:29 pm

The problem with the old feedback system is that whenever someone gets a negative feedback, they turn in a complaint about it and declare they do not deserve it. If it is not removed, they say that the feedback system is worthless because of that. When people say all sort of negative stuff to the person, the more that person gets mad about it and make more complaints - complaint about the player who gave that negative feedback and a complaint to CC for not removing it.

If it does get removed, we get a complaint from the person who gave it, saying that the player deserves it and/or demands that all his negative feedback be removed as well.

There will be clear cut cases but there are more grey situations where people just didn't get along in the game and then give negative feedbacks to each other or simply suspect that the other guy was cheating, etc.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby decoulombe on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:39 pm

...and the more CC grew, the more complaints y'all would get. But then there were people like AAfitz who never got negative complaints (except one and everyone knew it was a phony), simply because he was a fun guy to be with. In truth, there is no honest way to be completely fair, but at least the old feedback system allowed us to be more personalized with out responses. Do you still get a lot of complaints, even with the new system?
"You can't rule the world in hiding. You've got to come out on the balcony sometime and wave a tentacle"
Cadet decoulombe

Postby king achilles on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:45 pm

Yes, we still do get complaints from time to time whenever someone gets a negative rating. Generally, whether a player gets into an argument, got baited or flamed, was called names, swore at, accused, or didn't do anything rude, or even was the instigator of the game, and gets a negative feedback, he/she will file a complaint about it.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby SaMejoHn on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:04 am

Remove ALL ratings.Start thumbs up, thumbs down system. If you would play with user again then thumbs up, if not thumbs down. i personally only gave ratings because there were medals for it..i have 576 ratings left and it still pains me that I gave 76 more ratings than necessary.
Major SaMejoHn

Postby CBlake on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:13 am

king achilles wrote:Yes, we still do get complaints from time to time whenever someone gets a negative rating. Generally, whether a player gets into an argument, got baited or flamed, was called names, swore at, accused, or didn't do anything rude, or even was the instigator of the game, and gets a negative feedback, he/she will file a complaint about it.

Ok well what's the difference between ratings and feedback as far as negative ratings?? It's all the same, you can leave 1 stars for all if you wanted to. I just don't see the harm in being able to say exactly why in text someone gets the rating they receive, because after all you were going to leave it in the first place right?
Captain CBlake

Postby decoulombe on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:33 pm

I always liked that fact we could personalize our comments. I had some great comments (Twill, lackattack, AAfitz, among others) and one of the reasons among other life events why I had time out from CC was because I was upset that my feedback was taken off :oops: It has been a couple of years now, but l finally got board and decided to play again on a limited basis =D> =D> :mrgreen: Anyways now it's just more confusing. We used to stay away from the bad players with 99% thumbs down (and typically the biggest complainers).

Hey maybe we can start a feedback committee with limited jurisdiction over the feedback system. It's work a try ;-)

CBlake wrote:
king achilles wrote:Yes, we still do get complaints from time to time whenever someone gets a negative rating. Generally, whether a player gets into an argument, got baited or flamed, was called names, swore at, accused, or didn't do anything rude, or even was the instigator of the game, and gets a negative feedback, he/she will file a complaint about it.

Ok well what's the difference between ratings and feedback as far as negative ratings?? It's all the same, you can leave 1 stars for all if you wanted to. I just don't see the harm in being able to say exactly why in text someone gets the rating they receive, because after all you were going to leave it in the first place right?
Cadet decoulombe

Postby Gilligan on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:34 pm

decoulombe wrote:I always liked that fact we could personalize our comments. I had some great comments (Twill, lackattack, AAfitz, among others) and one of the reasons among other life events why I had time out from CC was because I was upset that my feedback was taken off :oops: It has been a couple of years now, but l finally got board and decided to play again on a limited basis =D> =D> :mrgreen: Anyways now it's just more confusing. We used to stay away from the bad players with 99% thumbs down (and typically the biggest complainers).

Hey maybe we can start a feedback committee with limited jurisdiction over the feedback system. It's work a try ;-)

CBlake wrote:

Feedback is still viewable :arrow: http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?m ... decoulombe
Captain Gilligan

Postby CBlake on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:37 pm

Gilligan wrote:
decoulombe wrote:I always liked that fact we could personalize our comments. I had some great comments (Twill, lackattack, AAfitz, among others) and one of the reasons among other life events why I had time out from CC was because I was upset that my feedback was taken off :oops: It has been a couple of years now, but l finally got board and decided to play again on a limited basis =D> =D> :mrgreen: Anyways now it's just more confusing. We used to stay away from the bad players with 99% thumbs down (and typically the biggest complainers).

CBlake wrote:

Feedback is still viewable :arrow: http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?m ... decoulombe

Yea I realize, however you cannot leave it anymore, that's one of the coolest things about it. I can look back and see what exactly each one of my old buddies had to say about the experiences we had playing together and even leave some fun loving things as well.
Captain CBlake

Postby decoulombe on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:41 pm

Ha ha.....you mean I went to pout on a desert island for nothing. :oops: :oops: :oops:
It is nice to see the feedback, but I wish there was a way we could bring it back. =D> =D>

Gilligan wrote:

CBlake wrote:

Cadet decoulombe

Postby decoulombe on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:43 pm

I still think we should start a feedback committee. That would ease the tension of the mods and admins.
Cadet decoulombe

Postby CBlake on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:51 pm

decoulombe wrote:I still think we should start a feedback committee. That would ease the tension of the mods and admins.

What if the feedback was optional and controlled by the player? He or she can decide to have feedback enabled or disabled and the ratings are still the primary source and feedback is only secondary and more for enjoyment?
Captain CBlake

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion