Conquer Club

nibotha - Ratings Abuse [Noted] DCR

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

nibotha - Ratings Abuse [Noted] DCR

Postby bamage on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:09 pm

Accused:

nibotha

The accused are suspected of:

Other: Ratings Abuse

Game number(s):

Game 12084573

Comments:

In the game chat, he re-posted some comments he made to his teammates. Gibberish about how we were taking advantage of some supposed feature of CC's where bad dice get evened out by good dice. Essentially, he claimed that we were getting bad dice in other games so that we could get good dice against them.

We didn't get angry or respond by arguing. We simply beat them and moved on with our lives.

He then gives us all lousy ratings, including cheap tactics. 1 star for fair play, 3 stars for game play, and 1 star for attitude.

My point is this: unless there really is a feature that would enable us to take advantage of the dice like that (and I doubt there is) this is a clear-cut case of paranoia and resulting ratings abuse.
Major bamage

Re: nibotha - Ratings Abuse

Postby Symmetry on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:37 pm

bamage wrote:Accused:

nibotha

The accused are suspected of:

Other: Ratings Abuse

Game number(s):

Game 12084573

Comments:

In the game chat, he re-posted some comments he made to his teammates. Gibberish about how we were taking advantage of some supposed feature of CC's where bad dice get evened out by good dice. Essentially, he claimed that we were getting bad dice in other games so that we could get good dice against them.

We didn't get angry or respond by arguing. We simply beat them and moved on with our lives.

He then gives us all lousy ratings, including cheap tactics. 1 star for fair play, 3 stars for game play, and 1 star for attitude.

My point is this: unless there really is a feature that would enable us to take advantage of the dice like that (and I doubt there is) this is a clear-cut case of paranoia and resulting ratings abuse.

What makes you think the 1 star rating for cheap tactics was about his dice paranoia?

2013-01-07 00:08:00 - Hamanu: Actually no. You lost this the moment we got one of your team under 36 terrs. A tip for your future hive games: Don't go for bonuses, pick one opponent on the opposing team and hammer him continuously, as you've seen us do here.

Would be a fair excuse for a cheap tactic rating. Not a good one, of course, but if the dude's ratings left page is anything to go by, he generally rates highly.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby bamage on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:42 pm

Hmmm... okay, so you're suggesting he may have given us a pass our dice manipulation and is instead focusing his ratings on "not a good" excuse for cheap tactics.

Thanks for your effort and input, but it's a lot noisier than it is helpful.
Major bamage

Postby Symmetry on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:46 pm

bamage wrote:Hmmm... okay, so you're suggesting he may have given us a pass our dice manipulation and is instead focusing his ratings on "not a good" excuse for cheap tactics.

Thanks for your effort and input, but it's a lot noisier than it is helpful.

I think you might be focusing too much on complaints about the unfairness of the dice. But anyway, I'll leave you to add whatever other evidence you have.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby bamage on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:03 pm

I PM'd nibotha and asked: "Do you really think we were taking advantage of some dice balancing feature of CC's?"

He responded: "Of course you were."
Major bamage

Re: nibotha - Ratings Abuse [Pending] DCR

Postby SirJohn13 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:15 am

Did you and your team members receive any ratings from nibotha's teammates?
This seems less like a case of rating abuse than of misunderstanding.

By the way, it is clear that you won due to superior strategy. In Hive quads you have to pick one player and attack him hard. Once he has 35 or less territories you are already doing well, then you keep going until he has 10-11. Next you pick a second player and do the same. Only then do you go after bonuses.
Colonel SirJohn13

Postby macbone on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:05 am

His rating of you was extreme, bamage. That chat is pretty civil, other than nibotha's rantings about some kind of CC dice balancing.

show

I don't get the 1 star for attitude, too. If he's truly paranoid about some kind of CC dice rigging, I guess there's not much you can do for the Cheap Tactics bit, but it's all very strange.

http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?m ... ame=Hamanu
http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?m ... ame=bamage
http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?m ... e=bfunny27
http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?m ... me=LEQUEEN

His rating of you guys sticks out like a sore thumb. Very weird.
Colonel macbone

Postby bamage on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:44 pm

Thanks, Sir John and MacBone, for looking at this so closely. I really appreciate it.
Major bamage

Postby Hamanu on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:50 am

Thanks guys. I was a bit sarcastic in the chat at first (I was positively amazed that someone would think we could "rig" the dice), but my later comment was meant as a strategy advice for quads. Yet, even that was perceived by them as an attack.. Then I just gave up from any further comments.
Brigadier Hamanu

Postby Hamanu on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:52 am

SirJohn13 wrote:Did you and your team members receive any ratings from nibotha's teammates?
This seems less like a case of rating abuse than of misunderstanding.

By the way, it is clear that you won due to superior strategy. In Hive quads you have to pick one player and attack him hard. Once he has 35 or less territories you are already doing well, then you keep going until he has 10-11. Next you pick a second player and do the same. Only then do you go after bonuses.

We didn't get any ratings from his teammates. And yes, that is the strategy we used. He was angry that, instead of deploying 12 on one terr, we spread our deploy to turn 3s into 4s for multiple attacks. Our somewhat above average rolls in round 1 was interpreted by them as cheating..
Brigadier Hamanu

Postby nibotha on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:56 pm

Wow - you guys have made a big thing out of, erm NOTHING! Pretty sad in my opinion! Surely everyone rates others the way they see fit?! Can't believe I have an official ratings abuse warning over this - I mean over the ratings left in ONE SINGLE GAME! How do you explain the MASSIVE pauses between regions conquered in that game?! Are the near perfect dice just a coincidence?! I bet (if one could be bothered to check) - you would see that these players were in fact playing in other games at the same time as that hive game to balance out their dice. If I am wrong, then I apologise, although I sincerely doubt it. Anyways - feel free to post more about this below - I can't see the posts made by people in that game as they are on my 'ignore list' for what I consider to valid reason (don't think even the virtual CC police can send we warning about which are my friends and foes - this would be a new low!) - Well done CC police for getting it wrong AGAIN!
Peace out and keep smiling everybody!
Brigadier nibotha

Postby bamage on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:17 pm

I honestly, sincerely wish I could figure out what he is talking about. The "MASSIVE pauses between regions conquered..."

Here's what I think he is saying... that we would wait until we have crappy dice in other games, then come back to have good dice in the game with him.

The implication is that we considered the game against him to be much more important than the other games, so that's where we spent our "good dice."

(Paranoia) + (Delusions of Grandeur) = (Textbook Personality Disorder in the Paranoid-Narcissistic Spectrum)
Major bamage

Postby ke_rassa on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:39 pm

I would like to know how this Dice Balancing is achieved???????????? Don't care about the rest of this just want to know the theory behind Dice Balancing.
Corporal ke_rassa

Postby clangfield on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:02 pm

nibotha wrote:Wow - you guys have made a big thing out of, erm NOTHING! Pretty sad in my opinion! Surely everyone rates others the way they see fit?! Can't believe I have an official ratings abuse warning over this - I mean over the ratings left in ONE SINGLE GAME! How do you explain the MASSIVE pauses between regions conquered in that game?! Are the near perfect dice just a coincidence?! I bet (if one could be bothered to check) - you would see that these players were in fact playing in other games at the same time as that hive game to balance out their dice. If I am wrong, then I apologise, although I sincerely doubt it. Anyways - feel free to post more about this below - I can't see the posts made by people in that game as they are on my 'ignore list' for what I consider to valid reason (don't think even the virtual CC police can send we warning about which are my friends and foes - this would be a new low!) - Well done CC police for getting it wrong AGAIN!
Peace out and keep smiling everybody!

Did you check the dice stats after your move and theirs? Oh, of course not, those would be rigged against you too... :-$
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby Hamanu on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:08 pm

If I'd have to guess, I'd say he's thinking that we were waiting until we had two games to play, then we'd start two or more games simultaneously with Hive, wait until we had a bad streak in these other games and then immediately switch to Hive to take advantage of the cosmic balancing law.

Wow... talk about Fox Mulder and the alien conspiracy. This is hilarious.

BTW, do we get rid of the lousy rating if the case is decided in our favor? I've no idea how this system works.
Brigadier Hamanu

Postby nibotha on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:15 pm

Hamanu - I just unfoed you in the interest of seeing what you had typed...(regret doing so now; as it was, and still is, useless drivel!) Firstly - it's NOT a murder trial or even a(n) (important) court case - WHY do you care SOOO much about a player rating in an online game? Long story short - it's strange that you DON'T find it strange that you care what a stranger thinks about your player rating - let me put this in perspective for you - you should care about as much as a monkey in a tree in the amazon thinks about my foot fungus as you do about this!
FYI - me rating the 3 of you with 5/15 stars for player rating is about as important for your actual player rating, and real life (as this VERY likely won't change due to this single, almost average rating, average being 9/15 stars) as a dead person never knowing that there is NO afterlife...
Hamanu - in answer to your question (as irrelevant as I may find it) ---> I believe for a valid conviction (if you will) for a ratings abuse 'trial' you need 5 valid examples - AND even if some higher authority deems it necessary to 'decide the case in your favour,' the rating (which I maintain is a valid one) will still stand.
Anyhow - this site is supposed to be a laugh - I wish now that my friends on this site hadn't made me aware that my "foes" were taking me to "trial!"
Good luck to the 3 of you for your crucial 'court case!'
Just FYI to the judges out there ---> notice the time lapse between each attack in the 1st half of that game as those made in the 2nd half (especially those attacks made by the player - bamage) then at least consider why I deem(ed) the rating I left to be "fair and factual" (after all, all player ratings left by other players are merely an interpretation of that particular player during that particular game) ---> with hindsight - none of the players were rude in the game chat so, if I was to reconsider this rating that would be the ONLY part I would change. That said, when a player deadbeats from a game, leaving 1 star for each of the 3 categories (in my humble opinion) is NOT unjustified, yet could, potentially be reported to the CC police as - how can attitude be judged a player who isn't even 'there!'
Anyhow, in my drunken stupour; I feel somewhat like the vino has brought me down to your level (not at all in the sense that I believe I am above you when sober!) - which brings me back to the FUNGUS and THE MONKEY IN A TREE IN THE AMAZON!!!!!!
Peace out my fellow humans :o)
Brigadier nibotha

Postby bamage on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:51 pm

Does Elvis talk to you?
Major bamage

Postby DJPatrick on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:35 am

Bamage...this is a waste of Mod's time...you do need at leat five examples of "Ratings Abuse" to prove a systematic "crime"...you got a bad rating yet your'e still showing as 4.9...you expecting perfection? Lots of pps give unjustified ratings (in my experience) but hey if it's a one-off you need to live with the disappointment (lol)...there's a Response facility on the Rating page so if it worries you go in boots and all...Hell, M8...would you even have survived in FEEDBACK days before it was sanitized to this Digital "Star Ratings" version? <Watch out for butterflies up in that tree...>
Lieutenant DJPatrick

Postby DJPatrick on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:57 am

EDIT: 'kay, you were around in those days...so what IS the prob with this...Mods have publicly stated they do NOT accept Ratings Abuse C&A reports without 5 clear examples...where are the others? i.e. if it's just one game, let it go...
Lieutenant DJPatrick

Postby perchorin on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:24 am

I'm glad this report was made just so I could hear about this looney-bin "dice balancing" theory :roll: :lol: =D>
Silvanus wrote:perch is a North Korean agent to infiltrate south Korean girls
Major perchorin

Postby bamage on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:25 am

DJPatrick wrote:EDIT: 'kay, you were around in those days...so what IS the prob with this...Mods have publicly stated they do NOT accept Ratings Abuse C&A reports without 5 clear examples...where are the others? i.e. if it's just one game, let it go...

I see your point. But consider this. He is accusing us off CHEATING not just in rating but in the publicly visible game chat. The fact that he feels that that is no big deal says a lot about him.

As for the five clear examples, he boned FOUR of us right here, and his own admission that he believes in a dice conspiracy is worth a thousand examples.

Consider that he is not just harming the reputations of the players but of the game itself. If I were a mod I'd appreciate the opportunity to tackle this wacko head on.
Major bamage

Postby Hamanu on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:49 am

Taking just a quick look at the ratings he left, here's what comes up

Game 12226430 and a few more games... left a 1 star rating + poor strategy to Farkas1111, for no apparent reason except that the guy beat him 4 games in a row.

dildobaggins 1 star + deadbeat even though the guy missed no turns in the three games they played together and, yah, beat nibotha in 2 out of 3.

ica306 - started letting his turns lapse in nuke games to avoid getting a card, when ica called him out he got all nasty. Left a bad rating

And so on..
Brigadier Hamanu

Postby Leehar on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:27 pm

nibotha wrote:Just FYI to the judges out there ---> notice the time lapse between each attack in the 1st half of that game as those made in the 2nd half (especially those attacks made by the player - bamage)

Nobody tackled this point, so just wanted to point out that I imagine the time lapse between attacks is when the players were discussing their moves? It seems quite reasonable that they'd spend more time in the early part of the game planning their line of attack then later when the game has progressed further and there is ess question of what to do.

For the rest, I doubt dice-balancing actually happened or if it actually even works, but it should be fairly simple to check by the hunters if games were being played in between the 'time lapses'...

Otherwise, this is really just one rating among many, not really worth the effort to do anything besides famo
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby afroaction on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:38 pm

Hamanu wrote:Taking just a quick look at the ratings he left, here's what comes up

Game 12226430 and a few more games... left a 1 star rating + poor strategy to Farkas1111, for no apparent reason except that the guy beat him 4 games in a row.

dildobaggins 1 star + deadbeat even though the guy missed no turns in the three games they played together and, yah, beat nibotha in 2 out of 3.

ica306 - started letting his turns lapse in nuke games to avoid getting a card, when ica called him out he got all nasty. Left a bad rating

And so on..

Those are poor examples, look at their ratting avg. It's take a lot more then just one person's bad ratting to achieve that low of a ratting. Sorry guys, but it's one man opinion, and we all have the right to rate as we see fit. Love it or hate it, it is what it is... An AVERAGE! If people could just use their common sense and see thru it!

Farkas1111 4.3

dildobaggins 3.1

ica306 4.5
Major afroaction

Postby Larry46 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:04 pm

Afro...........whatever 4.6 and still hated by most!
Cook Larry46

Next

Return to Closed C&A Reports