Conquer Club

Clan League 5 Nuke Spoils

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Should Clan League 5 Allow Nuke Spoils?

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes : 51

Clan League 5 Nuke Spoils

Postby BGtheBrain on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:36 am

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Re: Clan League 5 Nuke Spoils

Postby Ickyketseddie on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:02 am

I've never really understood the exclusion of nuke spoils from clan tourneys. I dont see that they should be treated any different to the other spoils settings. Personally i'm all for it. :D
Captain Ickyketseddie

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:57 am

Ickyketseddie wrote:I've never really understood the exclusion of nuke spoils from clan tourneys. I dont see that they should be treated any different to the other spoils settings. Personally i'm all for it. :D

Even though we don't use it much, +1

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby chemefreak on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:18 am

Bring it on!
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Swifte on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:20 am

My personal opinion is that the goal of clan competitions is to reflect who has the best strategy of the clans involved. While I'm not arguing that there's a strategy involved to playing with nuke cards, there's also a pretty big element of chance that it introduces, which is the main negative of nuke cards to me. I acknowledge that there's an element of chance in every game, but nukes take it to a higher degree, without adding that much to the the realm of required strategy.

I've played and won lots of nuke tournies, nearly have my gold nuke medal, but I don't think it's a good setting for clan events.
Colonel Swifte

Postby cooldeals on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:28 am

Should Clan League 5 Allow Spoils?

Yes.

You might want to add "Nuclear" to that poll question I'm guessing.
Colonel cooldeals

Postby Epitaph1 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:28 am

Swifte wrote:My personal opinion is that the goal of clan competitions is to reflect who has the best strategy of the clans involved. While I'm not arguing that there's a strategy involved to playing with nuke cards, there's also a pretty big element of chance that it introduces, which is the main negative of nuke cards to me. I acknowledge that there's an element of chance in every game, but nukes take it to a higher degree, without adding that much to the the realm of required strategy.

I've played and won lots of nuke tournies, nearly have my gold nuke medal, but I don't think it's a good setting for clan events.

I'm with Swifte on this one.
Major Epitaph1

Postby jghost7 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:31 am

Epitaph1 wrote:
Swifte wrote:My personal opinion is that the goal of clan competitions is to reflect who has the best strategy of the clans involved. While I'm not arguing that there's a strategy involved to playing with nuke cards, there's also a pretty big element of chance that it introduces, which is the main negative of nuke cards to me. I acknowledge that there's an element of chance in every game, but nukes take it to a higher degree, without adding that much to the the realm of required strategy.

I'm with Swifte on this one.

Me too.
Major jghost7

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:40 am

how does nuclear involve more luck than escalating or flat rate please?? it's just a total different way of thinking and placing troops. get a double pair in a teamgame escalating at the worse moment and tell me if nuke spoils are too luck related.. it's just a game type where you count less on bonuses. Anyway, if both clans agree on it I really don't see how it could be still banned.
side note: I'd put a rule though. If anyone misses a spoil on purpose by letting the timer run they lose the game.
Major betiko

Postby jigger1986 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:50 am

I'm all for nukes in clan games.

betiko wrote:side note: I'd put a rule though. If anyone misses a spoil on purpose by letting the timer run they lose the game.

2nd this!
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:43 pm

betiko wrote:how does nuclear involve more luck than escalating or flat rate please?? it's just a total different way of thinking and placing troops. get a double pair in a teamgame escalating at the worse moment and tell me if nuke spoils are too luck related.. it's just a game type where you count less on bonuses. Anyway, if both clans agree on it I really don't see how it could be still banned.
side note: I'd put a rule though. If anyone misses a spoil on purpose by letting the timer run they lose the game.

It adds more luck because if you get a card of yourself or an opponent, you can wipe out massive amounts of armies. If it's escalating and you get your own tert, you get +2. That's a pretty big discrepancy.

I'm with Swifte's thought. I have nuclear gold, playing it is not an issue for me, but I think it does introduce a little more luck than other spoils.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:34 pm

There will be no vote on this. Nukes will be allowed. Any abuse will be dealt with swiftly.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby BGtheBrain on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:36 pm

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby betiko on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:52 pm

chapcrap wrote:
betiko wrote:how does nuclear involve more luck than escalating or flat rate please?? it's just a total different way of thinking and placing troops. get a double pair in a teamgame escalating at the worse moment and tell me if nuke spoils are too luck related.. it's just a game type where you count less on bonuses. Anyway, if both clans agree on it I really don't see how it could be still banned.

It adds more luck because if you get a card of yourself or an opponent, you can wipe out massive amounts of armies. If it's escalating and you get your own tert, you get +2. That's a pretty big discrepancy.

I'm with Swifte's thought. I have nuclear gold, playing it is not an issue for me, but I think it does introduce a little more luck than other spoils.

having a huge stack on an unsafe territory is plain stupid. I guess clan players know better than that. If someone gets nuked the hell out it's just that they don't know how to play team nukes.
Major betiko

Postby jetsetwilly on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:49 am

The luck element is there to an extent but you can as Betiko said, not take silly risks. It's an extra element of strategy to consider when selecting games. Personally I don't think it will be used a great deal, certainly not by the top clans but then nor is flat rate.
Sergeant 1st Class jetsetwilly

Postby Nicky15 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:29 am

Unless we get the hundreds of clan members voting here I don't think this poll can serve as an accurate poll of what is and isn't wanted. Better to approach clan leaders.
Major Nicky15

Postby Qwert on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:24 am

I really think that its voting for nuclear are not necessary, because adjustment period are end so these need to be in equal relation with escalating, flat.
Nukes are in use for 2 years now and you have at these moment 349000 finished games ,and 952 active games

tournament games with nuclear 40957.

So i think that everybody have enough knowledge how these spoils work, and i belive that in next years trench will get same treatment, because for these setting will end adjustment period to.
Well these its mine view of these.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby BGtheBrain on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:33 am

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:17 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:How about you use a relevant sample of Clan games with nuclear settings instead of sitewide?
We may as well use freestyle because it has 1728846 number of game completed or active...

You know freestyle is 100% different than freestyle. I am a big freestyle fan and I would never use them in a clan game. Nukes are just a different setting like flat rate.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Swifte on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:40 pm

Bruceswar wrote: You know freestyle is 100% different than freestyle.

100% false. :lol:
Colonel Swifte

Postby Keefie on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:05 am

This poll should be restricted to 1 vote per clan.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Leehar on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:39 am

Keefie wrote:This poll should be restricted to 1 vote per clan.

Yup, there's an official vote in the dedicated group for Clan Reps.
You can discuss with your clans and vote in the CD&F usergroup over the next 3 days
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:33 am

Nicky15 wrote:Unless we get the hundreds of clan members voting here I don't think this poll can serve as an accurate poll of what is and isn't wanted. Better to approach clan leaders.

This is probably true. IcePack and I have already disagreed in this thread too. Anyway, I wasn't really expecting anything to change or not change based on the poll in this thread. It's pretty even though.

Swifte wrote:
Bruceswar wrote: You know freestyle is 100% different than freestyle.

100% false. :lol:

:lol:
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby The Voice on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:34 pm

betiko wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

having a huge stack on an unsafe territory is plain stupid. I guess clan players know better than that. If someone gets nuked the hell out it's just that they don't know how to play team nukes.

Thank you, Betiko. I'm tempted to print your post frame it. I won't whine and complain if nukes are disallowed, but let's get one thing straight. If you decide your strategy is going to revolve around stacking, then you deserve to have your stack nuked.

Heck, I come to expect it, being that I play so many nuke games on a map that is typically a building map. Now, a nuke could break a critical bonus or even eliminate someone, but both flat and esc. enable you to do the same thing. Admittedly, I am a little concerned about the "running out of time" issue.
Major The Voice

Return to Clan Archives