Conquer Club

land bonus in esc games

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

land bonus in esc games

Postby akabob2 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:25 am

to make in the options area when starting a game that there would be no land bonus or potentially a penalty if you get one in esc games.
it will never end when someone new or with not much experience or even the true land bonus junkies destroy everything in there path to
get a land bonus even when 5-6 other players try to explain to them it is not within there best interests to do so and a quick sums up how the average
esc game works but continue on there path to destruction and ruining the game for everyone else and or giving another player a massive advantage
because of it.
if you make it part of the selection when starting the game then whoever joins has picked that choice of game and all who is playing is happy.
mainly happens in speed games but happens none stop.would like to see an option tried out as many others agree and have voiced there anger
at these land bonus junkies throughout the games
have talked to many players and they would love to see a choice like this happen
Captain akabob2

Re: land bonus in esc games

Postby agentcom on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:08 pm

In order to post this, you had to delete that nice little form that's conveniently there when you go to make a new thread :(

Even so, I don't think this is going to happen. There are a lot of other game play options that I'd rather see before this idea, which I'm lukewarm on anyway.
Colonel agentcom

Postby akabob2 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:21 pm

looked at how at least 10 others where started so just went with what i saw,and they seem to be just like mine :)
have no idea if you play a game like classic esc, with multiple players if you have not, then give it a try in speed for 2-3 times and you will see
what i am talking about, to foe all these players which is the only thing you can do to keep them away doesn't make sense to just making it an option to play
that way or not. would it help with a list of players that would wish this or is it truly a waste of time to try.
Captain akabob2

Postby MegaProphet on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:24 am

Maybe it's an idea for a map
Corporal MegaProphet

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:09 am

how about escalating bonuses that increase each time a trade is made?
each turn in would give +1 to each territory bonus... not sure it would be unballanced or not! but would surely bring in a new strategy.
Major betiko

Postby agentcom on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:06 am

akabob2 wrote:looked at how at least 10 others where started so just went with what i saw,and they seem to be just like mine :)
have no idea if you play a game like classic esc, with multiple players if you have not, then give it a try in speed for 2-3 times and you will see
what i am talking about, to foe all these players which is the only thing you can do to keep them away doesn't make sense to just making it an option to play
that way or not. would it help with a list of players that would wish this or is it truly a waste of time to try.

I have played those games, and I understand the frustration.

I don't think that relying on the bad players to notice a "no bonus" or "negative bonus" setting is a fruitful way to go.
Colonel agentcom

Postby betiko on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:43 am

agentcom wrote:
akabob2 wrote:looked at how at least 10 others where started so just went with what i saw,and they seem to be just like mine :)

I have played those games, and I understand the frustration.

I don't think that relying on the bad players to notice a "no bonus" or "negative bonus" setting is a fruitful way to go.

and what do you think of my escalating bonus idea? bonus monkey special! ;)
Major betiko

Postby Huegelkoenig on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:48 am

betiko wrote:how about escalating bonuses that increase each time a trade is made?
each turn in would give +1 to each territory bonus... not sure it would be unballanced or not! but would surely bring in a new strategy.

1. this would be condradictive to the initial suggestion
2. I dont see this balancing out on most maps
3. Even if it could be balanced: In escalating games, you dont want to balance out those escalating spoils! if you want a balanced gameplay, just play "no spoils" or "Flat rate"
Lieutenant Huegelkoenig

Postby betiko on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:14 pm

Huegelkoenig wrote:
betiko wrote:how about escalating bonuses that increase each time a trade is made?

1. this would be condradictive to the initial suggestion
2. I dont see this balancing out on most maps
3. Even if it could be balanced: In escalating games, you dont want to balance out those escalating spoils! if you want a balanced gameplay, just play "no spoils" or "Flat rate"

1.this is an alternative to this suggestion that I didn't like in the first place (and I thought he meant what I proposed when I read the title)
2. explain how it would not.
3. you haven't even played 10% of the games I've played on the site, no need to lecture me on how escalating/no spoils/flat rate work. Some escalating games tend to stal once you've reached round 13ish with 3+ players left, If having a bonus could give you +30 instead of +2 when trades are worth 90 for example, this could force attacks and stop stalements. This was the idea in the back of my head.
Major betiko

Postby patrickaa317 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:55 am

This should be moved to rejected. Either create a map with no bonuses to play this on, foe the people that play like this, or start looking in the call out threads for games with more experienced players. If you play a game with low ranks and new people; you'll get the gameplay of low ranks and new people.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby chapcrap on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:41 pm

REJECTED because we don't want to change map XML. There are maps you can play on that eliminate or greatly limit players' ability to go for bonuses. Circus Maximus comes to mind right away.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Return to Archived Suggestions