Dice complainers..venting anger on opponents.

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Dice complainers..venting anger on opponents.

Postby chang50 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:24 am

For the sake of argument,let's say dice complainers have a point and there are flaws in the system,are they ever justified in taking it out on their innocent opponent?Every 50 or so games I seem to encounter someone who has a streak of bad luck who cannot control their anger and feels they should vent it in game chat,occasionally even accusing me of cheating.This immature behaviour can really detract from the enjoyment of cc..
Last edited by chang50 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Lieutenant chang50
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:54 am
Location: pattaya,thailand
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Dice complainers..

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:28 am

You may want to change the title as many may write this off as another "dice complainers" thread, which it isn't. You've brought up a new angle.
That being said, yeah, I've been accused of being a hacker before and I was more or less flabbergasted.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Dice complainers..

Postby chang50 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:34 am

Funkyterrance wrote:You may want to change the title as many may write this off as another "dice complainers" thread, which it isn't. You've brought up a new angle.
That being said, yeah, I've been accused of being a hacker before and I was more or less flabbergasted.


Anyone accuses me of cheating I foe them immediately,period.
User avatar
Lieutenant chang50
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:54 am
Location: pattaya,thailand
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Dice complainers..venting anger on opponents.

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:35 am

I insult dice with every word possible when I get extremely unlucky streaks. I get mad vs dice and vs cc, not vs the opponents, I evenually call them lucky. I ocasionally curse the opponents when they are doing extremely stupid things that make us both lose, that is true.
But I love when someone calls me cheater when they hate their dice, I just reply that I have a dice program! :D
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5519
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 158
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Dice complainers..venting anger on opponents.

Postby chang50 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:48 am

betiko wrote:I insult dice with every word possible when I get extremely unlucky streaks. I get mad vs dice and vs cc, not vs the opponents, I evenually call them lucky. I ocasionally curse the opponents when they are doing extremely stupid things that make us both lose, that is true.
But I love when someone calls me cheater when they hate their dice, I just reply that I have a dice program! :D


Fair enough,I don't think you would go too far.Would you agree that when you call your opponent lucky the implication is that they couldn't beat you with equal luck?
User avatar
Lieutenant chang50
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:54 am
Location: pattaya,thailand
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Dice complainers..venting anger on opponents.

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:20 pm

chang50 wrote:
betiko wrote:I insult dice with every word possible when I get extremely unlucky streaks. I get mad vs dice and vs cc, not vs the opponents, I evenually call them lucky. I ocasionally curse the opponents when they are doing extremely stupid things that make us both lose, that is true.
But I love when someone calls me cheater when they hate their dice, I just reply that I have a dice program! :D


Fair enough,I don't think you would go too far.Would you agree that when you call your opponent lucky the implication is that they couldn't beat you with equal luck?


it depends. for many of them it's the case. When you play perfectly and your opponent plays real crap and wins is when you get the most frustrated. Or if you play vs a quite lower rank that will cost you at least 30pts that starts hitting all 3vs3 and gets them, and you can't kill shit I really lose my nerves personally, also they don't even realize they're lucky. maybe that's why I have a 4.7 rating. If a play vs a lucky decent player, he ackwoledges it because he knows what's going on so it makes me feel better.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5519
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 158
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Dice complainers..venting anger on opponents.

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:33 pm

The phrase that always enters my mind whenever someone even mentions the dice during a game is "unsportsmanlike". I'm not trying to start an argument, that's just my opinion. The good/poor dice could happen to either player and while at times it is very tempting for me to at least explain my poor performance due to dice, I always take it as sore behavior when someone else does it so I refrain. I mean, luck is part of this game of risk is it not? If the 1/2 of your game(luck) fails in a game it's poor form to try and try to take the glory from your opponent by chalking it off to the dice.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Dice complainers..venting anger on opponents.

Postby chang50 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:13 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:The phrase that always enters my mind whenever someone even mentions the dice during a game is "unsportsmanlike". I'm not trying to start an argument, that's just my opinion. The good/poor dice could happen to either player and while at times it is very tempting for me to at least explain my poor performance due to dice, I always take it as sore behavior when someone else does it so I refrain. I mean, luck is part of this game of risk is it not? If the 1/2 of your game(luck) fails in a game it's poor form to try and try to take the glory from your opponent by chalking it off to the dice.


Exactly..
User avatar
Lieutenant chang50
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:54 am
Location: pattaya,thailand
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Dice complainers..venting anger on opponents.

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:28 pm

I don't agree. I almost always tell my opponent, wow you had really unlucky dice there, or omg I really got lucky there. I just call BS in game chat when it's ridiculous. worse of all is that it often happens by streaks. when you are in the middle of a losing streak and you always start second with the worse drop and worse dice over and over i get crazy.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5519
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 158
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Dice complainers..venting anger on opponents.

Postby codierose on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

randombullshit.org 8-)
Image
User avatar
Colonel codierose
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:50 pm
Location: RANDOMBULLSHIT.ORG
Medals: 99
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (25) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (9) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Dice complainers..venting anger on opponents.

Postby chang50 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:29 am

betiko wrote:I don't agree. I almost always tell my opponent, wow you had really unlucky dice there, or omg I really got lucky there. I just call BS in game chat when it's ridiculous. worse of all is that it often happens by streaks. when you are in the middle of a losing streak and you always start second with the worse drop and worse dice over and over i get crazy.


I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree here...btw I have occasionally commiserated with an opponent who has really bad luck but I have never in nearly 6000 games ever complained about my bad luck,apart from the unsportsmanlike aspect I wouldn't want to show weakness to my opponent.
User avatar
Lieutenant chang50
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:54 am
Location: pattaya,thailand
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Dice complainers..venting anger on opponents.

Postby betiko on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:18 am

chang50 wrote:
betiko wrote:I don't agree. I almost always tell my opponent, wow you had really unlucky dice there, or omg I really got lucky there. I just call BS in game chat when it's ridiculous. worse of all is that it often happens by streaks. when you are in the middle of a losing streak and you always start second with the worse drop and worse dice over and over i get crazy.


I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree here...btw I have occasionally commiserated with an opponent who has really bad luck but I have never in nearly 6000 games ever complained about my bad luck,apart from the unsportsmanlike aspect I wouldn't want to show weakness to my opponent.


not saying my way of handleing bs dice is the best, i just can't help the way I react. worse of all is in trench games where a huge lead can be anihilated by complete bs dice and you lose your position, then the game.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier betiko
 
Posts: 5519
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 pm
Location: Paris
Medals: 158
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (2)

Re: Dice complainers..venting anger on opponents.

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:12 pm

betiko wrote:
chang50 wrote:
betiko wrote:I don't agree. I almost always tell my opponent, wow you had really unlucky dice there, or omg I really got lucky there. I just call BS in game chat when it's ridiculous. worse of all is that it often happens by streaks. when you are in the middle of a losing streak and you always start second with the worse drop and worse dice over and over i get crazy.


I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree here...btw I have occasionally commiserated with an opponent who has really bad luck but I have never in nearly 6000 games ever complained about my bad luck,apart from the unsportsmanlike aspect I wouldn't want to show weakness to my opponent.


not saying my way of handleing bs dice is the best, i just can't help the way I react. worse of all is in trench games where a huge lead can be anihilated by complete bs dice and you lose your position, then the game.


So this I find interesting...
Is there such thing as a "closet dice complainer"? I mean, complaining about the dice, be it in the ranting and raving of a thread opened by the complainer or griping during a game, it's still complaining about the same thing really: the randomness of the dice. Is one not just a more outspoken version of the other?
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Dice complainers..venting anger on opponents.

Postby timogl on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:00 pm

one guy told me he hoped i would get cancer and die. because i had good dice on the first turn. i mean, that was all that happened. he brought down cancer.
User avatar
Captain timogl
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:51 pm
Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (3)

Re: Dice complainers..venting anger on opponents.

Postby #1_stunna on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:26 pm

I am pretty sure I have seen the terms "I will skull fu.ck you"

got me excited.
12:17:31 ‹Pixar› im gonna be fappin to that all night long
10:59:12 ‹rhp 1› holy hell... that did it.. I pissed myself
15:15:52 ‹Ace Rimmer› Sackett58, I think I may get some action this weekend
15:16:05 ‹Sackett58› Right hand or left Ace?
User avatar
Major #1_stunna
 
Posts: 1110
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:31 pm
Location: Muleshoe
Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (2)


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2007spaceodyssey, Robinette

Login