Conquer Club

What video/computer game are you currently playing?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What video/computer game are you currently playing?

Postby Neoteny on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:58 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Minecraft?

(I've banned myself from minecraft. Too much "creative destruction.")

http://threepanelsoul.com/2011/01/25/on-minecraft/
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby xeno on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:15 am

Farcry 3 this game is fantastic!
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby muy_thaiguy on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:20 am

Finally found a mushroom biome in minecraft (360 version). Only problem? It's on an ocean map with only a few small islands scattered here and there sticking up above the ocean. Luckily for me, I was in creative mode. Expanded the island, corraled some mooshrooms, bred them until I had 4, trimmed the shrooms off of 2, created a biome/new corral for them a little ways off of the mushroom island, built another biome/island in a different direction for tree farming, another for cactus farming, and one more for wheat farming. Planning on making at least 1-2 more for pigs/sheep (if they spawn on it) and watermelons and pumpkins on the other. Also planning on building an underwater mine, otherwise I would have to tunnel through a small island to get down to iron and what not.

Also, living in a giant red mushroom house (hollow it out, place a couple torches, and you have room enough for a bed, crafting table, and furnace) and using a giant brown mushroom as a storage place.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby john9blue on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:57 pm

god fucking dammit... stop talking about minecraft... i have shit to do this week...
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Neoteny on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:12 pm

Someone that knows what they are doing should set up a CC server. Invite john first.
Major Neoteny

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:17 am

sorry I haven't followed this thread at so... who plays halo 4 here?
Major betiko

Postby muy_thaiguy on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:36 am

betiko wrote:sorry I haven't followed this thread at so... who plays halo 4 here?

I do, pistolpete8909 is my gamertag.

But jeez, mushroom biomes in minecraft are hard to find. Only one that I've found has several, but they are all small islands in the middle of an ocean map. And probably 1 tree for the whole entire map. And only animals are a couple of mooshrooms and squid. :(
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby jigger1986 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:44 am

Minecraft? Should I just not get involved?

Im played Final Fantasy Tactics (iphone)
Sold all my gaming stuff bc I was wasting too much time....now im in the CC forums....glad its working :D
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Postby Neoteny on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:17 pm

Yeah. I've got tactics and 7 on my phone too, as well as several old snes and genesis games. Technology is awesome.
Major Neoteny

Postby aage on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:33 pm

Ingress anyone?

Look it up if you don't know it, it could be interesting.
So far this game has been slightly disappointing for me since I started late and there's not really anything to do for me except hack the occasional portal when I'm out alone (which is never, it's minus fucking ten outside), since all enemy portals in my town are lvl 4 and up. (when I say "in my town", I mean "in the region that I can be bothered to go, it's still a game".)
When it resets to open beta it might get better. I don't understand why they didn't release this in the summer, though. Those lucky Australians.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:49 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:
betiko wrote:sorry I haven't followed this thread at so... who plays halo 4 here?

But jeez, mushroom biomes in minecraft are hard to find. Only one that I've found has several, but they are all small islands in the middle of an ocean map. And probably 1 tree for the whole entire map. And only animals are a couple of mooshrooms and squid. :(

cool, spadeseven here will add you. I'm not that good though! my kill death ratio is 0,72 I think I saw last time. some players are just way too brutal for me lol
Major betiko

Postby xeno on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:52 pm

I liked the change of pace halo 4 gave us. It sped up the multiplayer by giving sprint to all the classes along with the new abilities they gave us in reach. Armor lock was getting ridiculous
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:20 pm

xeno wrote:I liked the change of pace halo 4 gave us. It sped up the multiplayer by giving sprint to all the classes along with the new abilities they gave us in reach. Armor lock was getting ridiculous

I moved to london and didn't take my xbox 360 with me during 2 years. I'm a big fan of the franchise, played halo1, halo2, halo3, halo ODST, halo wars but missed halo aniversary and halo reach. Got back to halo when the 4 came out in november. Reach was too hard?
Major betiko

Postby xeno on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:24 am

betiko wrote:
xeno wrote:I liked the change of pace halo 4 gave us. It sped up the multiplayer by giving sprint to all the classes along with the new abilities they gave us in reach. Armor lock was getting ridiculous

I moved to london and didn't take my xbox 360 with me during 2 years. I'm a big fan of the franchise, played halo1, halo2, halo3, halo ODST, halo wars but missed halo aniversary and halo reach. Got back to halo when the 4 came out in november. Reach was too hard?

I wouldn't say harder. It's multiplayer was a lot slower paced and I think halo 4 is better in that department. You can't beat bungie's campaigns however
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:29 am

betiko wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

cool, spadeseven here will add you. I'm not that good though! my kill death ratio is 0,72 I think I saw last time. some players are just way too brutal for me lol

Tell me about it. In matches against level 30s on down, I do alright. Lately though, I;ve been having to go up against guys with level 100 on up. You're lucky to get a shot off, let alone take them down (or see them, for that matter).
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby betiko on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:40 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:
betiko wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

Tell me about it. In matches against level 30s on down, I do alright. Lately though, I;ve been having to go up against guys with level 100 on up. You're lucky to get a shot off, let alone take them down (or see them, for that matter).

well the level means shit nothing in halo 4. In halo 2 & 3 multiplayer you had a system just like CC's ranks. I'm pretty sure lakattack was inspired by halo multiplayer when he created the ranking system. That meant something, but on halo 4 I don't know why they stopped doing it, now it's just points based on experience, and there is no more winning/losing points (depending on the opponent's level) where you can go to lieutenant to captain. now it's just about game experience, so a level 10 can totally be better than a level 110.

what is horrible is the crimson downloadable pack. only hardcore halo gamers downloaded it and I get asskicked pretty bad each time. I like more 4vs4 assassin or 8vs8, it's more casual and I can kick some ass.

i've finished the game and all 30 spartan ops missions in legendary so far, got 970 in acheivements and i'm level 58.
Major betiko

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:33 pm

betiko wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:
betiko wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

well the level means shit nothing in halo 4. In halo 2 & 3 multiplayer you had a system just like CC's ranks. I'm pretty sure lakattack was inspired by halo multiplayer when he created the ranking system. That meant something, but on halo 4 I don't know why they stopped doing it, now it's just points based on experience, and there is no more winning/losing points (depending on the opponent's level) where you can go to lieutenant to captain. now it's just about game experience, so a level 10 can totally be better than a level 110.

what is horrible is the crimson downloadable pack. only hardcore halo gamers downloaded it and I get asskicked pretty bad each time. I like more 4vs4 assassin or 8vs8, it's more casual and I can kick some ass.

i've finished the game and all 30 spartan ops missions in legendary so far, got 970 in acheivements and i'm level 58.

Level 27, but usually when I get put into games against high level guys, they're the guys that play for hours upon hours. Me, I'm more casual and "decent" with a DMR and stickies (have taken out my fair share of enemies, both in vehicles and on foot), but the way my luck goes, I spawn, find a good vantage point, and then on my way there, I get shot by 3 guys at once while my plasma grenade goes right through them.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby betiko on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:09 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:
betiko wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:
betiko wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

Level 27, but usually when I get put into games against high level guys, they're the guys that play for hours upon hours. Me, I'm more casual and "decent" with a DMR and stickies (have taken out my fair share of enemies, both in vehicles and on foot), but the way my luck goes, I spawn, find a good vantage point, and then on my way there, I get shot by 3 guys at once while my plasma grenade goes right through them.

yeah i freakin love the dmr and the plasma grenades! I even hesitate when i find a sniper to replace the dmr, it just works so well on so many distance ranges. some people can use the sniper in close combat i don't know how they do it. are we the only 2 playing halo in here?
Major betiko

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:49 am

Looks like it.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby xeno on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:25 pm

I play I just don't own it so I can only play it when I'm smoking at a friends. The DMr went back to old school three shot finally!!!!! It's beast again!
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:24 pm

xeno wrote:I play I just don't own it so I can only play it when I'm smoking at a friends. The DMr went back to old school three shot finally!!!!! It's beast again!

That's the assault rifle. The DMR is single shot and highly accurate. Assault rifle is better at medium range, but not as accuarate at long range. Both are in Halo 4.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby aage on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:06 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:
xeno wrote:I play I just don't own it so I can only play it when I'm smoking at a friends. The DMr went back to old school three shot finally!!!!! It's beast again!

That's the assault rifle. The DMR is single shot and highly accurate. Assault rifle is better at medium range, but not as accuarate at long range. Both are in Halo 4.

I've never played xbox in my life but my roommate has one with Halo and I find DMR much more reliable than the rifle. The latter quite literally does no damage, and if you take just a very small time to get used to the aiming nothing beats DMR. Half of every multi we play, I'm scoping. Assault rifle's scope is a joke.

Also, you mean battle rifle. Which still sucks compared to DMR, imo.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:23 pm

Yeah that.

But secondary weapon seems about moot to me, unless it's some chicken who uses the plasma pistol to disable your vehicle. Me, I like hi-jacking or using plasma grenades. Stopped a few killing sprees by flanking them and tossing my 2 plasmas. Very handy.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby betiko on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:44 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:Yeah that.

But secondary weapon seems about moot to me, unless it's some chicken who uses the plasma pistol to disable your vehicle. Me, I like hi-jacking or using plasma grenades. Stopped a few killing sprees by flanking them and tossing my 2 plasmas. Very handy.

I hate the plasma pistol!
I usually use packages with fire power to have the assault rifle and the DMR. I love the promethean vision as a special skill too.
Major betiko

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:11 am

betiko wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:Yeah that.

I hate the plasma pistol!
I usually use packages with fire power to have the assault rifle and the DMR. I love the promethean vision as a special skill too.

I like the sentry. Good at holding areas that get lots of traffic, extra fire support, and useful for flanking.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,