Conquer Club

systematically "farming" new recruits. Explination please!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

systematically "farming" new recruits. Explination please!

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:03 pm

In Unwritten Rules their is a part that says systematically "farming" new recruits. is not on. Whilst I do not ever want to do this or even be accused of doing it, I have a bet with betiko over a certain suggestion, Unique Map Achievement -Ribbon Award on how many games and how long it would take to get 100 unique kills on a map. With Classic Cities: Madrid due out very soon, I took him up on his offer. So to do this, I intend to play a lot of games on this map when it comes out. I have a group of core players that I always play new maps on, clan members and cartography mods and map makers. This if I won every game would only get me 30+ unique kills. To make up the short fall, I intended to invite a lot of players or different ranks, high and low to games.

So my question is, how low in the ranks can I go before I get into trouble. I will avoid all ?? but is their a cut of rank that I should be looking at?
Lieutenant koontz1973

Re: systematically "farming" new recruits. Explination pleas

Postby greenoaks on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:02 pm

be careful, GLG was inviting people above that rank and admin succumbed to the witchhunt's pressure to boot him from the site.

for the record you can put me on your list for this attempt. you should be safe, if admin decide to boot someone for beating me there won't be many players left on this site.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Qwert on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:47 pm

well then all medals could be presented like farming. Cross map medal are huge example of farming, then trench medal, then nuclear medal, then assasin,manual,freestyle,, well with your definition every old and new medal could be systematical farming NR, or low ranked players.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby greenoaks on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:51 pm

qwert wrote:well then all medals could be presented like farming. Cross map medal are huge example of farming, then trench medal, then nuclear medal, then assasin,manual,freestyle,, well with your definition every old and new medal could be systematical farming NR, or low ranked players.

we get it, you're a troll.

do you have anything to add to op's legitimate question?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby sempaispellcheck on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:59 pm

The way I understand it, "systematic farming" is deliberately joining a very large number of games with NRs or inviting them into games on complex maps or settings where you know they have no chance of winning.
There's no cut-off rank, as far as I know, but use your judgment.
If you're going to invite high and low-ranked players, as you say you plan to, you should be just fine.
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:20 pm

Yeah, I think as long as you're playing a balanced set of players nobody will complain that some NRs are in the mix.

I suppose I should add that I still think your bet is meaningless. Just because it can be done, doesn't mean that the average player will do it.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby king achilles on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:20 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:The way I understand it, "systematic farming" is deliberately joining a very large number of games with NRs or inviting them into games on complex maps or settings where you know they have no chance of winning.
There's no cut-off rank, as far as I know, but use your judgment.
If you're going to invite high and low-ranked players, as you say you plan to, you should be just fine.

I would like to add that once the new recruits and the low ranked or inexperienced players becomes a big factor in your intentions for joining or creating specific games, then you are most likely farming/ranching.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby betiko on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:29 pm

yeah i think it's more about common sense and deliberately inviting "freshely ranked players" only, or 100% caporals or whatever. putting in noobs in 3+ players doesn't make a game easier though, notlike in a 1vs1.
I'd like to try madrid when it's out, you can count me in but I'll try to make you waste 1 more game to reach 100 unique kills lol! ;)
Major betiko

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:44 pm

Thanks guys for that. Yes, my intention was to just invite a whole lot of players, all of different ranks.
@Dukasaur, you are right about the bet being meaning less but I would like to see if and how long it can take to be done. Hence my question here as I did not want trouble later for something that is meaning less.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Return to Conquer Club Discussion