Conquer Club

Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D7 15/25

Postby aage on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:13 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Ok, full claim. I am the town roleblocker. I roleblocked Aage the last 2 nights. Since he wasn't told about the roleblock last night, he didn't protect me.ergo, scum.
I wonder why you'd think I would claim to have been roleblocked yesterday, but not today... Apparently yesterday I did know, and today I didn't. Raises questions as to what actually happened. It seems Strike answered those.
DoomYoshi wrote:Ok, I'm not an angel lmao. I am Brigit of Kildare, a saint.
Oh, so by your own reasoning you must be scum now, right?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:43 am

safariguy5 wrote:Um...since when is a protection automatically a PM from the mod that the action failed? This isn't an investigative role. I fail to see how that indicates aage is lying. In fact doom, it raises questions as to why you'd block him in the first place.

He got a pm on Night 5 saying he was roleblocked. He got no such pm on N6.

On Night 5, he hadn't yet claimed as doc, and the kill was blocked. It didn't hurt to block again. In any case, he protected the wrong person, so it didn't matter.

Also, I did forget that strike was in there stirring the pot. Strike, why would you switch the most likely scum with someone who scum isn't likely to kill?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:55 am

Iliad, were you roleblocked last night?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby strike wolf on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:21 pm

I haven't been aiming my busdrives at people who are likely to be killed, that should fall on the watcher, doc and any other protective roles to do. I have been aiming my abilities at those who might be recruited (which is going to hurt us more than the kills will anyways). Iliad hasn't been overly active but still a double voter in the hands of the mafia is more valuable than it is for town.

Considering Iliad's role, I am not sure he would even know if he was role blocked as he does not even have a night action (unless he lied about his role to begin with)
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:38 pm

It occurs to me that with Doom's role seemingly confirmed by Night 5 and mine confirmed by Night 6 through his action that leaves us with Aage, possibly vio (only if Vio is investigation proof) and DrOz as the scum that were on Greg's wagon. The only other option I see is if Doom has actually been a recruited townie since early on. Can't rule it out and was even leaning that way earlier but I do not think the comfirmed night 5 action choice would make sense if he was a recruited townie.

I have believed Aage was scum since day 3 and with his unlikely doctor claim, I will go with him as my first choice of the three.

Vote Aage
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby / on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:20 pm

I still concur with aage being scum, a night where a doctor is blocked; tying up the roleblocker and the doctor, and still no kill occurring, the chances for this to be true are marginal.

I'm actually a little less inclined to vote strike now, because he is pretty well confirmed to have busdriver powers, and while mafia busdrivers are very dangerous, I don't know if busdriver+recruiter makes sense. (unless edoc superpowered all the roles again.)

As for droz, I suppose it's possible mafia blocked their own member to get more town cred, it's just kind of risky with a cop and all running around, not to mention rather redundant as we are lynching largely by reliance on the list.

Still need to hear droz and saf's actions.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby DRoZ on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:18 pm

Sorry for my absence, my home internet has been out from the weather around here so my only access has been by phone here and there. Someone visited the person I watched last night, but they have been acting as normal. Since the person who visited them is not one of the known protective roles, I am afraid they may have been converted, but I dont want to give up a protective or investigative role, if that winds up being the case. I was hoping for some sort of clue, but that doesn't seem to be forthcoming.

As for Doom, why in the world would you block a suspected doctor role... I see you were fishing for his statement of protecting you, meaning to attack him due to your "roleblock". I assume this is your same reasoning behind coming after me earlier... I know you did not roleblock me on the day in question, so I now believe you are just trying to set up power roles to die. It seems pretty obvious at this point you are scum. Not to mention lynch all liars... VOTE DOOM
Corporal 1st Class DRoZ

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:06 pm

Well I investigated jonty last night. Assuming Droz is telling the truth, he wasn't watching jonty. Jonty did turn up as innocent, but I already figured I was sane.

I also find it odd that Doom would roleblock a claimed doctor. Certainly, it's possible we have too many investigative roles, but I think that it was far from certain that aage was scum.

I find this interesting:
strike wolf wrote:It occurs to me that with Doom's role seemingly confirmed by Night 5 and mine confirmed by Night 6 through his action that leaves us with Aage, possibly vio (only if Vio is investigation proof) and DrOz as the scum that were on Greg's wagon. The only other option I see is if Doom has actually been a recruited townie since early on. Can't rule it out and was even leaning that way earlier but I do not think the comfirmed night 5 action choice would make sense if he was a recruited townie.

I have believed Aage was scum since day 3 and with his unlikely doctor claim, I will go with him as my first choice of the three.

Vote Aage

Droz claims that he has seen someone visit his target. If he indeed is lying, then he faked a night action. We can use this to either strengthen or weaken his town claim. I'd like to hear the details of his night action and if his night action is corroborated by the visitor, then I think his odds of being town increases. This means that doom is more likely to be lying and therefore scum.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Rodion on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:13 am

Doom has already claimed to be an angel when he wasn't one, so I'd ignore everything he says. Only reason I don't suggest to lynch him is that I think he is just a subverted saint trying too hard to seem scummy in order to spare the demons.

Regarding Droz, I'd rather take it step by step. First, I'd like to know who he watched. After knowing that, MAYBE we should ask who visited his target.

As far as the lynch goes, I'm leaning Aage at the moment.
General Rodion

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:41 pm

So I'm scummy for roleblocking a doctor, but you guys aren't scummy for wanting to lynch him? Weird.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:05 pm

DRoZ wrote:Sorry for my absence, my home internet has been out from the weather around here so my only access has been by phone here and there. Someone visited the person I watched last night, but they have been acting as normal. Since the person who visited them is not one of the known protective roles, I am afraid they may have been converted, but I dont want to give up a protective or investigative role, if that winds up being the case. I was hoping for some sort of clue, but that doesn't seem to be forthcoming.

As for Doom, why in the world would you block a suspected doctor role... I see you were fishing for his statement of protecting you, meaning to attack him due to your "roleblock". I assume this is your same reasoning behind coming after me earlier... I know you did not roleblock me on the day in question, so I now believe you are just trying to set up power roles to die. It seems pretty obvious at this point you are scum. Not to mention lynch all liars... VOTE DOOM

FTR, finding a recruiter on DAY FUCKING 7 is a lot more important than outing any investigative role.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby / on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:05 pm

While we're waiting for the specifics of the result, how about some meta discussion?

Who do you all think the recruiter is? I was thinking Satan, but wasn't edoc sort of implying God and Satan are equal for this game?

If it is the devil, what sort of powers would one expect, would investigation-proof or busdriving fit better?
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby Rodion on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:16 pm

It's hard to speculate on the setup provided we established that mafia has a built-in cult power (subverting saints). They should have to lose some power to compensate for that (or town has some pretty strong power roles as well), so I think no single player can hold "godfather" + "recruiter" powers. They may be 2 different demons or there might be no godfather at all.

Other than the flavour-confirmed Mammon, I'm guessing Lucifer/Satan is in the game. Maybe Belial too?
General Rodion

Postby aage on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:22 am

In the classic Faustus-scenario you can either name Lucifer himself or Mephistophelis. Lucifer is the one doing the actual recruiting there, though.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:25 am

Sorry for the double post, I just remembered the seven-princes-of-hell-thing.
Binsfeld's classification of demons
Peter Binsfeld prepared a classification of demons in 1589. His demon classification was based on the seven deadly sins, establishing that each one of the mentioned Seven princes of Hell tempted people by means of one of those sins.
Lucifer/Satan: pride
Mammon: greed
Asmodeus: lust
Leviathan: envy
Beelzebub: gluttony
Amon: wrath
Belphegor: sloth[4]

The problem here is that Legion is not among them, though Legion is "just a demon" named in the old testament I think. It would have seemed more logical for Legion to have been the recruiter, as he is actually able to "infect" people (and sheep).
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby gregwolf121 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:40 pm

if we go under the assumption that lucifer/satan isn't a role in the game then you could replace him with legion.
Captain gregwolf121

Postby NoSurvivors on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:25 pm

Okay so definitely (in my eyes) I see doom, droz or strike as scum. One of 3, unlikely 2. I think that doom is totally overreacting and defending himself with too much worry-- but that's just how I interpret what he types.. He seems.. Scared or worried.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby safariguy5 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:28 pm

I'll be really surprised if we have 7 demons. I'm seeing more protective and investigative town roles, but not enough to warrant 7 demons IMHO.
Captain safariguy5

Postby edocsil on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:27 am

Deadline In 4 days, most votes will be hung.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Rodion on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:21 pm

Vote Aage.

That is assuming Droz appears in time to reply to Saf and give a convincing claim step by step. If he doesn't, I'll be just as happy voting him instead.
General Rodion

Postby / on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:51 pm

Unvote vote aage
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby strike wolf on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:58 pm

Hmm...I am unsure how the recruiter mechanism would work. I am leaning towards one demon but I believe according to lore, that any demon can make a deal. I would agree that seven seems a bit powerful with the roles we have seen so far and we already have information that would contradict the seven princes of hell theory. six doesn't seem out of the picture by any means though.

Other than that unless someone has something revolutionary to point out, I don't think there's much left for me to say today. I think what's left was riding on Dr Oz/Saf and it's looking less and less likely that it will be resolved until tomorrow.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:24 am

Which strongly leads me to believe droz is scum, again.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby NoSurvivors on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:03 am

I am siding with doom on this one. VOTE DROZ
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:42 am

NoSurvivors wrote:I am siding with doom on this one. VOTE DROZ

But I am voting for aage...
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi