BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:47 pm

Image

Juan_Bottom wrote:He's been at my throat ever since I foed him for making fun of the Holocaust. My entire family, save for my grandfather, was slaughtered by the Germans. Before my grandfather finally passed on, he spent several weeks reliving the war, waking up after naps and begging us to help him find his missing sister, who was abducted in Norway. And BBS had the audacity to tell me that I would find it therapeutic to join him in making fun of my massacred relatives.

And so, BBS continues to follow me around, berating me because he knows I can't see what he's writing so long as he's foed. He's the weakest person on this website. Pathetic... Attacking me constantly because I find his insulting the victims of the Holocaust to be so revolting. He's a goddamn bully and a cad.


BigBallinStalin wrote:Nah, I pretty much criticize/joke about you when you're being stupid. Then your panties get in a twist, and since you can't respond logically, you'll resort to this story about how you don't like Holocaust jokes--regardless of how many Israelis and/or Jews joke about the Holocaust. It's a sad situation, but I can't be here to drag you out of it.

People deal with such issues in different ways, as I've already mentioned, but some of them--like you--really don't know how to recover, even though they've never experienced the traumatic experience. For some, the imagination is strong, and the humor is lacking. For others, recovery has happened, and the jokes are flowing.

See ya around, JB.



Oh do please go on, finish your thought on how to properly joke farm the Holocaust. And let my healing begin! I was ill informed before, not understanding that it was my "imagination" that was holding me back from being a fully-developed westerner. I have never met a Holocaust survivor or family member who insulted the living memory of the dead before. Certainly none of my Grandfather's children do.

There's no such thing as "recovery has already happened." That's horrifically stupid and ignorant. An entire generation or two has grown up apart from those who died in the Holocaust, an that's the "recovery" you speak of. But no, no one who has lived through the Holocaust or was raised by someone who did finds it funny to laugh at the massacred millions. Nobody who has educated themselves on these events will laugh at them either. The scars are still there marked upon more than just the land; the scars cut deep into the souls of generations of victims. Though it's not just Holocaust victims who understand this, but their experience is special. I'm sure that you can find communities of minorities of various religions, races, and sexes all over the world who bear the same wounds and mental burdens.
Humor is often found through controversy, like race or sex. And so there are people like you who feel that an extension of that controversy is to make fun of Holocaust Survivors. Worst still, is that people want to respect you, and they see you mocking Holocaust Survivors and they want to emulate you. But I'm banking that the CC community isn't so daft as all that. My grandfather was a Norwegian Patriot and an American Hero who fought against the Nazis in any army that would take him. I am terribly sad for what he went through by losing his entire family, and never even knowing their fate. And I cannot imagine what other families went through, but I would be lacking the crucial elements of humanity if I allowed you to insult any of their memories.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:51 pm

>says Nazi jokes aren't funny because they're insensitive (to a generation that is pretty much dead and gone)
>uses the term 'retarded' to describe people (tons of mentally retarded people who would take offense at that)

Nice double standard you got going on.

-TG
ImageEight-year olds, Dude.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:52 am
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby krusher on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:59 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Oh do please go on, finish your thought on how to properly joke farm the Holocaust. And let my healing begin! I was ill informed before, not understanding that it was my "imagination" that was holding me back from being a fully-developed westerner. I have never met a Holocaust survivor or family member who insulted the living memory of the dead before. Certainly none of my Grandfather's children do.

There's no such thing as "recovery has already happened." That's horrifically stupid and ignorant. An entire generation or two has grown up apart from those who died in the Holocaust, an that's the "recovery" you speak of. But no, no one who has lived through the Holocaust or was raised by someone who did finds it funny to laugh at the massacred millions. Nobody who has educated themselves on these events will laugh at them either. The scars are still there marked upon more than just the land; the scars cut deep into the souls of generations of victims. Though it's not just Holocaust victims who understand this, but their experience is special. I'm sure that you can find communities of minorities of various religions, races, and sexes all over the world who bear the same wounds and mental burdens.
Humor is often found through controversy, like race or sex. And so there are people like you who feel that an extension of that controversy is to make fun of Holocaust Survivors. Worst still, is that people want to respect you, and they see you mocking Holocaust Survivors and they want to emulate you. But I'm banking that the CC community isn't so daft as all that. My grandfather was a Norwegian Patriot and an American Hero who fought against the Nazis in any army that would take him. I am terribly sad for what he went through by losing his entire family, and never even knowing their fate. And I cannot imagine what other families went through, but I would be lacking the crucial elements of humanity if I allowed you to insult any of their memories.


The one thing you have to realize is that this is the internet. There is no mercy, logic, or reason...You gotta have balls to play, and the wits to stay. Trolls are everywhere and they thrive in chaos. That being said you do sound like you got your panties in a knot, your not gonna win any arguments here, obviously he is just trying to get a reaction out of you and you are feeding him quite generously.
Last edited by krusher on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Captain krusher
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:24 pm
Location: Florida.
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby john9blue on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:02 am

^ agreed, BBS is just trolling you dude. that being said, not every holocaust joke is "insulting the memory" of people who died
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby Juan_Bottom on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:03 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:>says Nazi jokes aren't funny because they're insensitive (to a generation that is pretty much dead and gone)

And the generations who survived them, if you read anything at all.

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:>uses the term 'retarded' to describe people (tons of mentally retarded people who would take offense at that)

Bullshit. Learn 2 Engrisha!
We do not even use the term 'mentally retarded,' we use the term 'developmentally disabled.'
Moron, Stupid, Idiot, Imbecile, etc were once all terms used to describe varying degrees of developmental disabilities. Do 'tons of mentally retarded people' have a problem with those words? Nope. What you actually said was accidentally insulting when you called them 'Mentally Retarded.' It's the same as calling a little person a 'midget.' I'm sure that they're ok with the word "midget," just don't call them one. Anyway, get your sh*t together man, you're supposed to be one of the good guys!
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:09 am

krusher wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:long post is long.


The one thing you have to realize is that this is the internet. There is no mercy, logic, or reason...You gotta have balls to play, and the wits to stay. Trolls are everywhere and they thrive in chaos. That being said you do sound like you got your panties in a knot, your not gonna win any arguments here, obviously he is just trying to get a reaction out of you and you a feeding him quite generously.


My friend, you're completely wrong about this, but that's because you don't understand me or my history, so I take no offense from you. If I wanted to troll someone here, I'd be much more subtle about it. Regarding this JB drama, I've been speaking from experience. Some people are simply humorless about some subjects, and others (who would have the strongest case to be offended, e.g. Israelis and many Jews) have a great sense of humor, thus are not at all offended.

Again, JB creating this thread reaffirms my observation about his general behavior:
(quote previously directed toward JB, not you)

Nah, I pretty much criticize/joke about you when you're being stupid. Then your panties get in a twist, and since you can't respond logically, you'll resort to this story about how you don't like Holocaust jokes--regardless of how many Israelis and/or Jews joke about the Holocaust. It's a sad situation, but I can't be here to drag you out of it.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=177416&start=450#p4044221

The main point is that JB does not understand how Israelis, Jews, and BBS can make jokes about the Hollacaust.

How does one explain 'purple' or 'love' or 'humor'? I'm not equipped to do so, hence (as stated to JB):

People deal with such issues in different ways, as I've already mentioned, but some of them--like you--really don't know how to recover, even though they've never experienced the traumatic experience. For some, the imagination is strong, and the humor is lacking. For others, recovery has happened, and the jokes are flowing.

See ya around, JB.
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4998
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:09 am

I won't pretend to know how BBS's post is offensive to Holocaust survivors or their descendants. Suffice it to say if someone I liked, even on the internets, indicated they were offended by something (genuinely offended) I wouldn't post it. I can't imagine how BBS would understand, prior to posting the above, that JB would be offended by said post, so I don't blame BBS. I also don't blame JB because people can't really judge how others are offended or not so I'm not going to sit here and say JB should or should not be offended by BBS's post above.

That being said, BBS's post was not anti-semetic nor was it an explanation of "why the Holocaust is funny." Perhaps JB should retitle the thread "BBS explains how JB makes ad hominem attacks" or something like that. Or "JB is offended when people say that some Jews can joke about the Holocaust and others can't so please don't post anything like that in the future."
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6294
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:10 am

john9blue wrote:^ agreed, BBS is just trolling you dude. that being said, not every holocaust joke is "insulting the memory" of people who died


Yeah, you're wrong too j9b, as already explained. If I was trolling, I'd simply admit it. I don't have much to lose about being banned.
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4998
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby Juan_Bottom on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:18 am

thegreekdog wrote:I won't pretend to know how BBS's post is offensive to Holocaust survivors or their descendants. Suffice it to say if someone I liked, even on the internets, indicated they were offended by something (genuinely offended) I wouldn't post it. I can't imagine how BBS would understand, prior to posting the above, that JB would be offended by said post, so I don't blame BBS. I also don't blame JB because people can't really judge how others are offended or not so I'm not going to sit here and say JB should or should not be offended by BBS's post above.

That being said, BBS's post was not anti-semetic nor was it an explanation of "why the Holocaust is funny." Perhaps JB should retitle the thread "BBS explains how JB makes ad hominem attacks" or something like that. Or "JB is offended when people say that some Jews can joke about the Holocaust and others can't so please don't post anything like that in the future."


It amazes me how you start your post reasonably, but then veer off into crazyland. No, BBS' post was not anti-semetic nor was it an explanation of why the Holocaust is funny. But he did begin an argument as to why and when it's really knee-slapping hilarious, and in my very first sentence I invited him to continue his thought. If you remember in McGill he went into great detail about how it would be therapeutic to laugh at my murdered family. And I mean he wrote several pages, dozens of paragraphs. You have such doe-eyes for BBS and disgust for Obama-voting-me that you can't see my sarcasm, thought it's as thick as country butter. "Ad Hominem" indeed. BBS can copy/paste his words from McGill for all that I care.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby Juan_Bottom on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:21 am

john9blue wrote:^ agreed, BBS is just trolling you dude. that being said, not every holocaust joke is "insulting the memory" of people who died


I agree with you for the main, my man. He's been trolling me ever since I foed him, that's certain. I've got a dozen PMs from people on this site asking me what's up with it. But I do believe that he's sincere when he said in private that the Holocaust can be good joke material. And if he's got the audacity to troll me in public for foeing him for what he said in private, then I've got the venturesomeness to call him out for that in public.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:24 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:I won't pretend to know how BBS's post is offensive to Holocaust survivors or their descendants. Suffice it to say if someone I liked, even on the internets, indicated they were offended by something (genuinely offended) I wouldn't post it. I can't imagine how BBS would understand, prior to posting the above, that JB would be offended by said post, so I don't blame BBS. I also don't blame JB because people can't really judge how others are offended or not so I'm not going to sit here and say JB should or should not be offended by BBS's post above.

That being said, BBS's post was not anti-semetic nor was it an explanation of "why the Holocaust is funny." Perhaps JB should retitle the thread "BBS explains how JB makes ad hominem attacks" or something like that. Or "JB is offended when people say that some Jews can joke about the Holocaust and others can't so please don't post anything like that in the future."


It amazes me how you start your post reasonably, but then veer off into crazyland. No, BBS' post was not anti-semetic nor was it an explanation of why the Holocaust is funny. But he did begin an argument as to why and when it's really knee-slapping hilarious, and in my very first sentence I invited him to continue his thought. If you remember in McGill he went into great detail about how it would be therapeutic to laugh at my murdered family. And I mean he wrote several pages, dozens of paragraphs. You have such doe-eyes for BBS and disgust for Obama-voting-me that you can't see my sarcasm, thought it's as thick as country butter. "Ad Hominem" indeed. BBS can copy/paste his words from McGill for all that I care.


But no one else (other than you and BBS... and I guess me although I dropped that thread after I told you I wouldn't post in it anymore) knows the McGill stuff. So, the only thing that anyone has to go on is you going apeshit about BBS's post above. Which seems weird in a vacuum, which is what pretty much everyone sees at this point.

Also, just a point of clarification - while I do have doe-eyes for BBS, I do not have disgust for you.

EDIT - I just read BBS's post for the third time and I still don't understand how he began an argument as to why the Holocaust was "knee-slapping hilarious." It appears, since you aren't calling anyone else who posted in that Holocaust Movie Name thread out on the carpet, the issue you have with BBS is his telling you what you should or should not be offended by. That is not something I'm supportive of and BBS and I part ways on that, but it appears that you're taking it way too far (but that could be doe-eyed TGD talking).
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6294
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby Juan_Bottom on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:38 am

thegreekdog wrote:But no one else (other than you and BBS... and I guess me although I dropped that thread after I told you I wouldn't post in it anymore) knows the McGill stuff. So, the only thing that anyone has to go on is you going apeshit about BBS's post above. Which seems weird in a vacuum, which is what pretty much everyone sees at this point.

Totally true - and while I have really gotten several PMs about this, nobody could see what the underlining issue was. Nobody is gonna just let them into McGill, so BBS has a screen there. And BBS never followed me around post-by-post until I was emotionally compromised and foed him.
He was on foe, and that-was-that as far as I was concerned... but he wants to troll me while he's invisible to me... so people get curious as to why I'm ignoring him, not knowing that he's on foe. Fine then, if he won't leave me alone then let's get this out in the open.
Well, I know what happened, and I'm sure you know a bit too, but I don't think anyone read his last long pages. They just enraged me the way he spoke to me like I was a child and how he insulted the Holocaust Survivors. Let everyone get a taste of the truth then, that's no big deal to me. I'm fine admitting that I cried while my grandfather begged me to help him find his sister... I was a little boy but I knew she was long dead. And I cried when he died. Years later I cried again when I learned that all of his possessions where taken by a bank and auctioned, including his war medals. I have no problem admitting that this is a highly charged and emotional issue for me and many others.
BBS is the one who's gone silent.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm
Location: USA RULES! WHOOO!!!!
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:39 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:I won't pretend to know how BBS's post is offensive to Holocaust survivors or their descendants. Suffice it to say if someone I liked, even on the internets, indicated they were offended by something (genuinely offended) I wouldn't post it. I can't imagine how BBS would understand, prior to posting the above, that JB would be offended by said post, so I don't blame BBS. I also don't blame JB because people can't really judge how others are offended or not so I'm not going to sit here and say JB should or should not be offended by BBS's post above.

That being said, BBS's post was not anti-semetic nor was it an explanation of "why the Holocaust is funny." Perhaps JB should retitle the thread "BBS explains how JB makes ad hominem attacks" or something like that. Or "JB is offended when people say that some Jews can joke about the Holocaust and others can't so please don't post anything like that in the future."


It amazes me how you start your post reasonably, but then veer off into crazyland. No, BBS' post was not anti-semetic nor was it an explanation of why the Holocaust is funny. But he did begin an argument as to why and when it's really knee-slapping hilarious, and in my very first sentence I invited him to continue his thought. If you remember in McGill he went into great detail about how it would be therapeutic to laugh at my murdered family. And I mean he wrote several pages, dozens of paragraphs. You have such doe-eyes for BBS and disgust for Obama-voting-me that you can't see my sarcasm, thought it's as thick as country butter. "Ad Hominem" indeed. BBS can copy/paste his words from McGill for all that I care.


Actually, I can't since PD removed me from McGill.

Since you've broken the rule of McGill by posting McGill-material in public, then I guess you're banned too, amirite?
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4998
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:41 am

thegreekdog wrote:EDIT - I just read BBS's post for the third time and I still don't understand how he began an argument as to why the Holocaust was "knee-slapping hilarious." It appears, since you aren't calling anyone else who posted in that Holocaust Movie Name thread out on the carpet, the issue you have with BBS is his telling you what you should or should not be offended by. That is not something I'm supportive of and BBS and I part ways on that, but it appears that you're taking it way too far (but that could be doe-eyed TGD talking).



Hmm, it's not the case that the Holocaust is hilarious; it's the case that there are jokes involving the Holocaust which can be funny. It's a fine distinction which should be noted.
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4998
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:48 am

thegreekdog wrote:Also, just a point of clarification - while I do have doe-eyes for BBS...

It's the avi or more specifically, the contrast it provides. You're way too impressionable.
I've never let the interwebs make me too emotional but if someone, somehow did make me feel that badly or in your case, goodly, I might look at all this differently, who knows.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:01 am

Juan wrote:We do not even use the term 'mentally retarded,' we use the term 'developmentally disabled.'
Moron, Stupid, Idiot, Imbecile, etc were once all terms used to describe varying degrees of developmental disabilities. Do 'tons of mentally retarded people' have a problem with those words? Nope. What you actually said was accidentally insulting when you called them 'Mentally Retarded.' It's the same as calling a little person a 'midget.' I'm sure that they're ok with the word "midget," just don't call them one. Anyway, get your sh*t together man, you're supposed to be one of the good guys!


Mentally retarded is the term you'll find on medical sheets. Trust me. The DD term is the nice pc version we use for program details and intra-company talk to avoid the stigma of 'retarded.'

I guarantee you that if you use the term 'retarded' around DD individuals, there are a very large percentage that are going to have a behavior. Just trust me on that.

-TG
ImageEight-year olds, Dude.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:52 am
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby Neoteny on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:02 am

I want to post about a lot of things in this thread, but I'm not sure I really want to be depressed.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Neoteny
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:24 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2)

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:07 am

Neoteny wrote:I want to post about a lot of things in this thread, but I'm not sure I really want to be depressed.


How can we know what is funny without knowing what is sad?
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4998
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:14 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Neoteny wrote:I want to post about a lot of things in this thread, but I'm not sure I really want to be depressed.


How can we know what is funny without knowing what is sad?

Instincts:

Image
Image
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1973
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby Neoteny on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:32 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Neoteny wrote:I want to post about a lot of things in this thread, but I'm not sure I really want to be depressed.


How can we know what is funny without knowing what is sad?


If it's two distinct chemical pathways.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Neoteny
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:24 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2)

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:28 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:slaughtered by the Germans


... who stayed loyal because they were getting things.

Four sisters of the Ali Mohammed Nasser family in Yemen were killed. Afrah was 9 years old when she and her three younger sisters Zayda (7 years old) , Hoda (5 years old) and Sheika (4 years old) were struck by an American drone. http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-childr ... ma/5320570


... who stayed loyal because they were getting things.

As you know, Juan, people you can't see don't actually exist. What goes around never, ever, ever comes around. It's all about how much stuff you can grab right now and shove into your goody bag. Chilax and let the good times roll! There's definitely not a noose tightening. The castle walls are not crumbling. Nope, not at all. You'll never be communally indicted as a Fellow Traveler. The good times will never end! Never, by jove!

Last edited by saxitoxin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
betiko wrote:Oh and go dildo yourself.
User avatar
Sergeant saxitoxin
 
Posts: 2112
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: Behind the Counter
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:37 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:Oh do please go on, finish your thought on how to properly joke farm the Holocaust. And let my healing begin! I was ill informed before, not understanding that it was my "imagination" that was holding me back from being a fully-developed westerner. I have never met a Holocaust survivor or family member who insulted the living memory of the dead before. Certainly none of my Grandfather's children do.

There's no such thing as "recovery has already happened." That's horrifically stupid and ignorant. An entire generation or two has grown up apart from those who died in the Holocaust, an that's the "recovery" you speak of. But no, no one who has lived through the Holocaust or was raised by someone who did finds it funny to laugh at the massacred millions. Nobody who has educated themselves on these events will laugh at them either. The scars are still there marked upon more than just the land; the scars cut deep into the souls of generations of victims. Though it's not just Holocaust victims who understand this, but their experience is special. I'm sure that you can find communities of minorities of various religions, races, and sexes all over the world who bear the same wounds and mental burdens.
Humor is often found through controversy, like race or sex. And so there are people like you who feel that an extension of that controversy is to make fun of Holocaust Survivors. Worst still, is that people want to respect you, and they see you mocking Holocaust Survivors and they want to emulate you. But I'm banking that the CC community isn't so daft as all that. My grandfather was a Norwegian Patriot and an American Hero who fought against the Nazis in any army that would take him. I am terribly sad for what he went through by losing his entire family, and never even knowing their fate. And I cannot imagine what other families went through, but I would be lacking the crucial elements of humanity if I allowed you to insult any of their memories.


Ok, so BBS obviously has no right to tell you how you should deal with your grief, that much is pretty clear.

Regarding the jokes themselves, I'm honestly asking, is anyone actually doing any of the bolded things?

I don't think saying "I did nazi see that coming anne frankly I'm offended" or whatever else stupid puns/references people were making in that thread is making fun of Holocaust survivors and laughing at millions of massacred people. I think they're just stupid puns.

As George Carlin said, every joke needs one exaggeration. It's the nature of the exaggeration that shows the intent of the joke. If the exaggeration is suggesting that the holocaust victims were rightfully slaughtered, or that they deserved it, or whatever, then yes it's reprehensible.

Were, in your opinion, people making those exaggerations ?
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
User avatar
Major Haggis_McMutton
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:32 am
Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (4)

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:42 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
john9blue wrote:^ agreed, BBS is just trolling you dude. that being said, not every holocaust joke is "insulting the memory" of people who died


Yeah, you're wrong too j9b, as already explained. If I was trolling, I'd simply admit it. I don't have much to lose about being banned.


How would we be cuddle buddies if you were banned? I'd get cold at night, what with fixed prices of the blankets and all.
How long will the fight against ISIS take?
John Kerry wrote:We will engage in this campaign for as long as it takes to prevail.
User avatar
Lieutenant DoomYoshi
Entertainment Coordinator
Entertainment Coordinator
 
Posts: 4649
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:44 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:Moron, Stupid, Idiot, Imbecile, etc were once all terms used to describe varying degrees of developmental disabilities. Do 'tons of mentally retarded people' have a problem with those words? Nope.


Image

Time to take the pledge, Juan.

Last edited by saxitoxin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
betiko wrote:Oh and go dildo yourself.
User avatar
Sergeant saxitoxin
 
Posts: 2112
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 am
Location: Behind the Counter
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby comic boy on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:51 am

I lived in Israel for a year and never once heard an Israeli tell a Holocaust joke . Plenty of self effacing Jewish and Kosher jokes but nothing about the Holocaust , nothing at all.
Im a TOFU miSfit
User avatar
Brigadier comic boy
 
Posts: 1738
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:54 pm
Location: London
Medals: 28
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)

Next

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login