Conquer Club

Diplomacy question

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Diplomacy question

Postby ChaserBD04 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:23 am

In the above game, myself and blue were both at the mercy of red for a bit of the game. I made a truce with blue for two rounds so I could attempt to take out red, who had been busting my region bonus every round. I moved in to take red but didn't have the troops so I held off, hoping to take him next round. Blue hit spoils and was able to take all but one region in the south. Now, when I truced with blue not to bust bonuses, he held Noord-Nederland and Oost-Nederland and I held West-Nederland. We were all duking it out further south. After he carded last round, he now owns La Wallonie, which wasn't really part of the original truce. Is it bad diplomacy and extremely frowned upon if I go get red at this point, and manage to take this game? Thanks for the insight.
Private 1st Class ChaserBD04

Re: Diplomacy question

Postby BGtheBrain on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:32 am

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby blakebowling on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:26 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:Go kill red and brake the other guys bonuses, otherwise you lose.

break*
Private blakebowling

Postby BGtheBrain on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:27 pm

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby ChaserBD04 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:41 pm

Haha thanks for the response. I just feel a little rough about it because of the fact that we truced to not bust bonuses, but that was when the game wasn't on the line and he held nothing to the south. I guess the worst he can do is give me a crap rating for cheap tactics.
Private 1st Class ChaserBD04

Postby Koganosi on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:44 am

Just what you mentioned yourself is pretty much right. Only thing he can do is a cheap ratingor he can accuse you of whatever but that wont go through anyways.

Urs

Koganosi
Major Koganosi

Postby eternal242 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:15 am

I disagree. If the agreement is not to break bonuses then you are going back on your word by doing so. Did you not see that he was moving to take the territory... maybe say "If you take control of ______ our truce is off" . If someone plays a better game then you, I say take the loss and keep your integrity.

Hope to win but lose well.
Sergeant 1st Class eternal242

Postby Jippd on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:16 am

Breaking your truce was definitely sheisty but you took away the win and likely would have lost if you didn't.

It's up to you what is more important.

Your word or your win.
Major Jippd

Postby DJPatrick on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:21 am

You're foed by me for asking this question...it's NOT about diplomacy,,,you have none...nor honour nor integrity...your strategy is also about the equivalent of a dog turd...yes you would have lost if you didn't backstab in the middle of a truce but wtf...who cares? You've just promoted yerself as without honour, without shame and without a clue...
Lieutenant DJPatrick

Postby Armandolas on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:05 pm

does not matter to win or loose, its all about this:

"worldconquer: when an agreement is made within good sportsmanship an agreement must be honored and carried out no matter what happens within the game
2013-02-01 09:08:41 - worldconquer: it seems to me that over looked the fact that u made an agreement and decided to dishonor your own agreement over a measly game"
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Just_essence on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:02 pm

This would've been a no-brainer if we were talking about the game Diplomacy (Honoring all truces there to the end is also known as losing), but in Risk, I still believe that's what diplomacy is for. In the end, there is only one winner, and I go into games assuming that my opponent and I both understand that truces can be broken when a game is clearly about to be won by one of the people participating in the truce. Doubles, Triples and Quadruples are an option if you want to honor them.
Private Just_essence

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:09 am

Diplomacy is continueing the war with other means
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby eddie2 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:38 am

actually this game he did not break any bonuses that were part of the truce . he went through blue to get the red kill.. this is more bad play by blue than truce break by green..
Major eddie2

Postby ZeekLTK on Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:23 pm

You should always assume the other player is going to break your truce the moment you make it. Don't make it obvious (don't stack up your border or they will get paranoid that YOU are about to break it), but at least keep in mind a plan for what to do if they do turn on you, then you should be all set.

Sometimes the best turning points are when your opponent thinks you have left a border undefended and then tries to break a truce to "surprise you", and then they are surprised when you are able to hit them back immediately, since you were ready for it all along.

My favorite is building up a big reserve stack behind my weakly defended truce-border in fog games - have like 2 on the border and 20 sitting behind it. The opponent thinks he can break the truce and "surprise" me with a stack of 10 or so... and then all of a sudden he runs into the stack of 20 and he's not prepared to fight it, since he was expecting a bunch of 1s lol.
Lieutenant ZeekLTK

Postby Just_essence on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:34 pm

It appears you have an affinity for fog of war games.
Private Just_essence

Return to Conquer Club Discussion