Conquer Club

BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: BBS explains why the Holocaust is funny

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:51 pm

comic boy wrote:I lived in Israel for a year and never once heard an Israeli tell a Holocaust joke . Plenty of self effacing Jewish and Kosher jokes but nothing about the Holocaust , nothing at all.

Ah, and all swans are white.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:06 pm

Ok, this is a dumb thread. Sorry juan, but you are just wrong.

Here is the thing about distasteful jokes:
The humour is not in the distasteful thing itself, but rather the incongruity of the punchline.

When people laugh at Holocaust jokes, they are not laughing at the Holocaust, they are laughing at the joke. The only way for your position to be tenable Juan, is if you think the Holocaust is the joke.

Do you think the Holocaust is a joke? I find that deeply disturbing.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Gillipig on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:54 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:EDIT - I just read BBS's post for the third time and I still don't understand how he began an argument as to why the Holocaust was "knee-slapping hilarious." It appears, since you aren't calling anyone else who posted in that Holocaust Movie Name thread out on the carpet, the issue you have with BBS is his telling you what you should or should not be offended by. That is not something I'm supportive of and BBS and I part ways on that, but it appears that you're taking it way too far (but that could be doe-eyed TGD talking).

Hmm, it's not the case that the Holocaust is hilarious; it's the case that there are jokes involving the Holocaust which can be funny. It's a fine distinction which should be noted.

Give us an example then. Shouldn't be too hard to find one of those jokes that you find funny. If you can dig up statistics on obscure topics, finding some holocaust joke shouldn't be too hard.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby aage on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:10 pm

All jokes except a small fraction of cleverly crafted word play puns are offensive to someone, somewhere. I don't see why any kind of joke would be seen as anti-Semitic. It's a joke. It's not serious.

I for one would love to hear some of them.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:12 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Ok, this is a dumb thread. Sorry juan, but you are just wrong.

Here is the thing about distasteful jokes:
The humour is not in the distasteful thing itself, but rather the incongruity of the punchline.

When people laugh at Holocaust jokes, they are not laughing at the Holocaust, they are laughing at the joke. The only way for your position to be tenable Juan, is if you think the Holocaust is the joke.

Do you think the Holocaust is a joke? I find that deeply disturbing.

This is a fairly common thing. Some white men are so desperate to unburden themselves of their guilt complex that they're furiously digging through their genealogies to see if they can claim outrage at some past injustice so they can join the ranks of the lecturers and leave the ranks of the lectured.

Those who can't find something just declare that they're bisexual.

The convulsions, hysterics and screams of outrage are usually a funny sight, as in this thread. This is basically what's keeping ancestry.com in business.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby patches70 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:32 pm

aage wrote:All jokes except a small fraction of cleverly crafted word play puns are offensive to someone, somewhere. I don't see why any kind of joke would be seen as anti-Semitic. It's a joke. It's not serious.

I for one would love to hear some of them.

gillipig wrote:Give us an example then.

So JB doesn't get all offended. If such jokes offend you then simply don't open the spoiler, but they aren't really jokes. Mostly just puns.
show
Private patches70

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:07 pm

Gillipig wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:EDIT - I just read BBS's post for the third time and I still don't understand how he began an argument as to why the Holocaust was "knee-slapping hilarious." It appears, since you aren't calling anyone else who posted in that Holocaust Movie Name thread out on the carpet, the issue you have with BBS is his telling you what you should or should not be offended by. That is not something I'm supportive of and BBS and I part ways on that, but it appears that you're taking it way too far (but that could be doe-eyed TGD talking).

Hmm, it's not the case that the Holocaust is hilarious; it's the case that there are jokes involving the Holocaust which can be funny. It's a fine distinction which should be noted.

Give us an example then. Shouldn't be too hard to find one of those jokes that you find funny. If you can dig up statistics on obscure topics, finding some holocaust joke shouldn't be too hard.

Give us an example then. Shouldn't be too hard to find one of those jokes that you don't find funny. If you can get so Swedish on obscure topics, finding some holocaust joke shouldn't be too hard.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:25 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Hmm, it's not the case that the Holocaust is hilarious; it's the case that there are jokes involving the Holocaust which can be funny. It's a fine distinction which should be noted.

BBS must be great fun at Thanksgiving dinner.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Juan_Bottom on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:47 pm

comic boy wrote:I lived in Israel for a year and never once heard an Israeli tell a Holocaust joke . Plenty of self effacing Jewish and Kosher jokes but nothing about the Holocaust , nothing at all.

Yeah, BBS' argument had boiled down to "but daaaaad, everybody else is doing it, so why can't I?"

saxitoxin wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:slaughtered by the Germans

... who stayed loyal because they were getting things.

This is absolutely not the case. The German people fought much longer than their hope held out, long after their possessions were bombed away and their sons were killed in the field of honor. In Budapest, Stalingrad, and other battlefields the German soldiers fought to the death, and it wasn't so they could get a new Volvo if they lived. And any historian/living soldier will tell you that the German soldiers on both fronts knew that the war was hopeless by 1944. Yet they continued to fight until 1945, after Hitler's suicide. . . that might be a clue? The courage of the German soldier, and of the German people, were never tied to material possessions. It's ignorant to argue such.

saxitoxin wrote:
Four sisters of the Ali Mohammed Nasser family in Yemen were killed. Afrah was 9 years old when she and her three younger sisters Zayda (7 years old) , Hoda (5 years old) and Sheika (4 years old) were struck by an American drone. http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-childr ... ma/5320570

... who stayed loyal because they were getting things.

As you know, Juan, people you can't see don't actually exist. What goes around never, ever, ever comes around. It's all about how much stuff you can grab right now and shove into your goody bag. Chilax and let the good times roll! There's definitely not a noose tightening. The castle walls are not crumbling. Nope, not at all. You'll never be communally indicted as a Fellow Traveler. The good times will never end! Never, by jove!

And this makes no sense and appears to be the ramblings of senility. However, assuming that it's another post about how Juan Bottom is responsible for the War on Terror, then I agree with the principles that American Drones striking innocent civilians is abhorrible and should never happen. Saxi has it occured to you that you're not inditing me here but every American on this forum including tgd, Neoteny, and yourself?
Well, I do not agree with your fictitious internet character that the issue is a black and white one. I do not agree with your internet character that I am somehow responsible for the war. I've done nothing more than you have, by which I mean living here/being born here. If you actually have figured out who I am, as you alluded, then you know that I've written about this detestable issue in the past for publication.

saxitoxin wrote:Time to take the pledge, Juan.

TA1LGUNN3R can argue from a position of authority on the matter. I do not agree with him, but I bow before his knowledge of the subject, which I admit is likely much vaster than mine is.
You are not in a position of authority on the matter, as you are a fictitious character. Though I await a grand story of how you were once an English teacher in Naples or a Words With Friends Grandmaster and are therefor qualified to educate me.

Haggis_McMutton wrote:Ok, so BBS obviously has no right to tell you how you should deal with your grief, that much is pretty clear.

Regarding the jokes themselves, I'm honestly asking, is anyone actually doing any of the bolded things?

I don't think saying "I did nazi see that coming anne frankly I'm offended" or whatever else stupid puns/references people were making in that thread is making fun of Holocaust survivors and laughing at millions of massacred people. I think they're just stupid puns.

As George Carlin said, every joke needs one exaggeration. It's the nature of the exaggeration that shows the intent of the joke. If the exaggeration is suggesting that the holocaust victims were rightfully slaughtered, or that they deserved it, or whatever, then yes it's reprehensible.

Were, in your opinion, people making those exaggerations ?

As one comedian to another; George Carlin also never did a 40 minute set of Holocaust jokes.

BBS was, absolutely yes. And in a very patronizing way.
Make a note to remember that of all the people who have made jokes about the Holocaust, it's only BBS who I'm taking to task here. He's the only one that I put on foe. And afterward he was foed he began to mock my posts knowing that I couldn't see his responses. Essentially, he was trolling the Holocaust, so I foed him, and then was trolling me while I was blinded... what it's boiled down to is his using the Holocaust for some kind of personal satisfaction that he continues to get from bullying me. Whenever he attacks me, he's really just smugly reminding me of that time he made fun of the Holocaust and I stormed away angry. If I had realized the actual extent of his ridiculous responses to my posts, I would have turned and made this thread a lot sooner. I wish I had listened to you guys who were PMing me.
His silence on the matter in the public fora is amazing; I wish you could read the pages that he wrote about it in secret. Don't believe him when he says that he doesn't remember any of it.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Juan_Bottom on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:19 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:No. I said I wouldn't read the anti-Catholic threads. And I don't.

Ultimately, my argument in McGill was that you didn't like (to put it mildly) the "making fun of the Holocaust by making up fake movie names" thread but you had no problem bashing Catholics in another thread. That seems hypocritical to me.

Willing Participation:

MASS GENOCIDE:

You really see no difference?

Between the two pictures above? I do see a difference.

The question is not that. The question is whether I see a difference between a thread lambasting Catholics and a thread making joke movie titles involving the Holocaust. As I indicated, to paraphrase, because you were offended, I stopped posting in that thread. I assumed you would treat me the same way (not that I asked for it, because I have this great ability to not read stuff that offends me), and you did not. As you indicated, there are gentlemenly ways to treat with others, even on the internet.

The question is that. It's exactly that.

Now I'm remembering this. I told you; we don't want people pretending to be sensitive. Don't pretend to be a different person depending on who you are hanging out with. As you said: you find holocaust jokes to be amusing. Then make holocaust jokes. You think I want to have friends who are secretly members of the KKK or something? No, I do not. I want to know who everyone really is.

Now, nothing is above criticism, and to claim that your beliefs deserve the same sensitivity as the Holocaust is bizarre to say the least. There is no comedy in making fun of something that one cannot change. If my father chocked and died on a walnut, then yeah, walnuts become a sensitive issue, and the gentlemanly thing to do is not to discuss them around me. But if you want to participate in a religion that takes money from you and gives it to lawyers that are defending pedophiles, then yeah, you're not above criticism.

The flip side here is if no one cares. If your best friend is overweight and doesn't care if you make fun of him, I wouldn't do it myself, but it's probably fine. But don't make fun of his weight in front of another overweight person! Comedy always turns into grief over the red line of things that cannot be helped.

As I asked you before, can you explain why mocking Catholicism is insensitive to you? I can tell you, it's a voluntary belief, not an involuntary condition. So again, I find it bizarre that you're insecure enough in your beliefs that you think they should be above reproach. And what I find reproachable is people going to their Catholic church, and donating their money to the very people who had been protecting child rapists for decades.

And while we are on the subject of the Holocaust, I'm also pretty dissatisfied with the Catholic church's consent to the Nazi massacre of Europe's minorities and Jewry. I'm dissatisfied by their enabling Nazi fugitives to escape. But I won't hold that against a Catholic because that is in the distant past... the church should be at a different place.... and then they elect a Hitler Youth to be their king. When I ask myself WWJD? I never come to the conclusion that Jesus would join the Nazis or vote for a Nazi Pope. By being a member of the Catholic Church you are consenting to this madness.... of protecting Child Rapists, and protecting those who protected them... and of financially supporting a living deity who was also a part of the Nazi movement. These beliefs are ridiculous and warrant all the mocking and insults that they get. As Saxi irrelevantly said to me in the other thread, there is a distinction between having a belief and having a personality cult. We weren't born into a world where we got to choose whether there was a Holocaust or not, but we do get to choose what to believe in. As always, the distinction between between something that is worthy of criticism is choice.

I will never understand why in this country religion is never supposed to be discussed or questioned without making everyone into a victim.

Postby john9blue on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:30 pm

i thought you thought the church brainwashed young children into believing? you consider that "willing participation"?
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Juan_Bottom on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:37 pm

john9blue wrote:i thought you thought the church brainwashed young children into believing? you consider that "willing participation"?

No I do not. Indoctrination is a great injustice.
But like you, and many others I also believe that there does come a time when people become personally responsible for their actions.

EDIT: Also, children being indoctrinated into any belief system are victims. Even if that belief system is Atheism or Agnosticism. It's all wrong.
Last edited by Juan_Bottom on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby AAFitz on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:37 pm

john9blue wrote:i thought you thought the church brainwashed young children into believing? you consider that "willing participation"?

The picture is not of children. Its primarily of adults. Both can easily be true.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:49 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Now I'm remembering this. I told you; we don't want people pretending to be sensitive. Don't pretend to be a different person depending on who you are hanging out with. As you said: you find holocaust jokes to be amusing. Then make holocaust jokes. You think I want to have friends who are secretly members of the KKK or something? No, I do not. I want to know who everyone really is.

I'm not sure if I understand the above paragraph entirely. Did I find the fake movie names thread funny? Yes. Did I post an idea for a fake movie name related to the Holocaust or Nazis? Yes. Did I stop posting and reading the thread when you indicated that you found it offensive? Yes. I didn't try to hide any of these things from you or anyone else. If the point of you posting that you were offended was not to get people to stop, what was the point?

Juan_Bottom wrote:Now, nothing is above criticism, and to claim that your beliefs deserve the same sensitivity as the Holocaust is bizarre to say the least. There is no comedy in making fun of something that one cannot change. If my father chocked and died on a walnut, then yeah, walnuts become a sensitive issue, and the gentlemanly thing to do is not to discuss them around me. But if you want to participate in a religion that takes money from you and gives it to lawyers that are defending pedophiles, then yeah, you're not above criticism.

There is a distinct difference between criticism and being offensive, just like there is a distinct difference from making a joke thread about Holocaust or Nazi themed movie names and being anti-semitic. I am not offended by criticism of the Catholic Church or Catholics. I am offended by what I deem offensive (yes, what I deem offensive) posts regarding Catholics. The way I deal with that, so as not to get into an argument about what is or is not offensive to me, is to not read or not reply to said posts. You are equating my participation in a thread about Holocaust or Nazi themed movie names as being more offensive than your outright anti-Catholicism and bigotry. Seriously?

Juan_Bottom wrote:As I asked you before, can you explain why mocking Catholicism is insensitive to you? I can tell you, it's a voluntary belief, not an involuntary condition. So again, I find it bizarre that you're insecure enough in your beliefs that you think they should be above reproach. And what I find reproachable is people going to their Catholic church, and donating their money to the very people who had been protecting child rapists for decades.

Why do I need to explain why mocking Catholicism is insensitive to me? I didn't expect you to explain why making a Holocaust-themed movie thread was offensive or insensitive to you. No one was mocking the Holocaust or Jews in that thread. I'm not insecure in my beliefs, I just find the whole situation so insanely hypocritical. I'm more offended by your hypocrisy than your bigotry.

Juan_Bottom wrote:And while we are on the subject of the Holocaust, I'm also pretty dissatisfied with the Catholic church's consent to the Nazi massacre of Europe's minorities and Jewry. I'm dissatisfied by their enabling Nazi fugitives to escape. But I won't hold that against a Catholic because that is in the distant past... the church should be at a different place.... and then they elect a Hitler Youth to be their king. When I ask myself WWJD? I never come to the conclusion that Jesus would join the Nazis or vote for a Nazi Pope. By being a member of the Catholic Church you are consenting to this madness.... of protecting Child Rapists, and protecting those who protected them... and of financially supporting a living deity who was also a part of the Nazi movement. These beliefs are ridiculous and warrant all the mocking and insults that they get. As Saxi irrelevantly said to me in the other thread, there is a distinction between having a belief and having a personality cult. We weren't born into a world where we got to choose whether there was a Holocaust or not, but we do get to choose what to believe in. As always, the distinction between between something that is worthy of criticism is choice.

I will never understand why in this country religion is never supposed to be discussed or questioned without making everyone into a victim.

You keep using these word "discussed" and "questioned" and "criticism." Do you understand what those words mean? Do you understand the difference between mocking and criticizing? Do you understand the difference between offensive speech and a discussion? I'm not sure you do.

Let's break it down again.

- A number of people participated and read a thread that was a collection of meant-to-be-humorous names for movies that had some relationship with the Nazis or the Holocaust. None of the movie names were meant to be or were anti-Semetic.
- You indicated that you found the thread offensive.
- People made one of four responses: (a) ignored you; (b) engaged you to convince you that the thread was not offensive; (c) stopped reading or typing in the thread; and (d) kept reading and typing in the thread.
- I chose option (c) in deference to you being offended. Regardless of whether I think you should be offended or not is not an appropriate determination for me to make (in my opinion).
- At around the same time, there were some threads in this forum and in McGill mocking Catholicism, the Catholic Church, and Catholics generally. There were also threads criticizing Catholicism, the Catholic Church, and Catholics generally. The threads criticizing those things were not offensive to me. The threads mocking those things were offensive to me. You (and pimpdave) posted in those threads at length in what, to me, was a rather disgusting way which was meant to troll me or bait me. Instead of choosing option (c), which would have been the gentlemenly way to go, you chose option (d).

The rest of your above post is really just window-dressing you're trying to put up to make yourself look like a victim of some cruel conspiracy and to make me seem like an oversensitive jerk that can't respond well to criticism of a religion. But keep in mind that I did not bring this subject into the public forum, you did. I did not rail against you in public or in private, and yet you rail against me. And keep in mind that your posts in the McGill forum were not criticisms of the Catholic church; hell, they weren't even jokes.

I'm not insecure about my religious beliefs or choice of religion. I'm not above criticism for the religious organization to which I belong. I've criticized the Church enough myself. But there is a level of respect that should be accorded a person because of their religious beliefs. I don't make a big thing about being Catholic. I don't post in the creationism threads. I don't try to force my religious beliefs on others. I don't try to enforce my religious morals on others, in fact I mostly go against the religious teachings of my church with respect to the government regulation of gay marriage or abortion.

So I'm not sure why you think I would be insecure or oversensitive if you merely criticized the Catholic Church. And all that should tell you that if I was offended, I had reason to be.

And with that, you now go on my foe list. Congratulations on being the first one on there ever.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:00 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

Give us an example then. Shouldn't be too hard to find one of those jokes that you don't find funny. If you can get so Swedish on obscure topics, finding some holocaust joke shouldn't be too hard.

You can't even come up with one example lol.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:11 am

thegreekdog wrote: Regardless of whether I think you should be offended or not is not an appropriate determination for me to make (in my opinion).

Class act imho.
thegreekdog wrote:- At around the same time, there were some threads in this forum and in McGill mocking Catholicism, the Catholic Church, and Catholics generally. There were also threads criticizing Catholicism, the Catholic Church, and Catholics generally. The threads criticizing those things were not offensive to me. The threads mocking those things were offensive to me. You (and pimpdave) posted in those threads at length in what, to me, was a rather disgusting way which was meant to troll me or bait me. Instead of choosing option (c), which would have been the gentlemenly way to go, you chose option (d).

Solid point.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:12 am

Gillipig wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:19 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

BBS just turned five years old. You're on the ropes BBS, throw in the towel and just admit it, you regret the shit out of ever having said the holocaust could be funny!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:54 am

Gillipig wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

BBS just turned five years old. You're on the ropes BBS, throw in the towel and just admit it, you regret the shit out of ever having said the holocaust could be funny!

When you go to a funeral, do you pull down your pants and take a shit in the middle of the room? With jokes, context matters. I imagine that in Sweden there is no humor and only cold titties--an unfortunate place.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby aage on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:14 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Willing Participation

I'll just leave this here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wave_(novel)
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:52 pm

aage wrote:

Fiction? *sigh...

[Insert belief here]

[Provide evidence by writing/linking to a fictional account]

Hey, aage, are you a creationist?
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby aage on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:18 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
aage wrote:

Fiction? *sigh...

[Insert belief here]

Lit is not necessarily true, but it contains human truth which is truth enough for an internet discussion. I mean, you're copying text and replacing two words, for heaven's sake.

Not a creationist but the idea isn't bad. Also, Mein Kampf is fiction. How did that turn out?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:02 pm

aage wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
aage wrote:

Fiction? *sigh...

[Insert belief here]

Lit is not necessarily true, but it contains human truth which is truth enough for an internet discussion. I mean, you're copying text and replacing two words, for heaven's sake.

Not a creationist but the idea isn't bad. Also, Mein Kampf is fiction. How did that turn out?

Fiction is not at all true; however, it can contain some semblance of truth yet also many falsehoods which can be appealing to our cognitive bias.

Mein Kampf didn't hit the New York Times Top 10 Bestseller's List, if that's what you mean. Fiction is a means through which the power of ideas can be magnified. This can be great or terrible, but fiction has its constraints, which some fail to identify. Just sayin'.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby AAFitz on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:10 pm

Its taken a while to come up with a reply here, and I finally came up with a response. Colbert could do it.

Now, I dont mean to suggest he would be making fun of the holocaust, its victims or its survivors of course, but as a parody, would be making fun of those who would. Family Guy does the same thing, but sometimes trade the parody for a quick laugh...which, is what comedy is, but at the very least they'd probably get censored before they went down that route. I can only imagine a few fell on the cutting floor, that were beyond what anyone would ever want to say in any other setting than with a bunch of irreverent comedians.

Humor does make us think, on a deeper level than we otherwise would, so theoretically, its possible such a joke is possible, but Im not entirely sure if that's what BBS meant.

Honestly, he seems to be avoiding the whole "what kind of jokes about the holocaust are funny" questions, but there is that one loophole, that he could have meant, and therefore not have been as offensive as it really does from that one statement. Its also possible it was written without too much thought, and if you need any previous examples of him doing that...just click on "Search BBS posts"

One thing for sure, its dangerous business, and probably best to be avoided at all costs.

Hitler jokes on the other hand, tell those things all day long: They dont even have to be good, like this one:

Why did Hitler cross the road?

So he could shoot himself in the head. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:14 pm

AAFitz wrote:Its taken a while to come up with a reply here, and I finally came up with a response. Colbert could do it.

Now, I dont mean to suggest he would be making fun of the holocaust, its victims or its survivors of course, but as a parody, would be making fun of those who would. Family Guy does the same thing, but sometimes trade the parody for a quick laugh...which, is what comedy is, but at the very least they'd probably get censored before they went down that route. I can only imagine a few fell on the cutting floor, that were beyond what anyone would ever want to say in any other setting than with a bunch of irreverent comedians.

It makes us think, on a deeper level than we otherwise would, so theoretically, its possible, but Im not entirely sure if thats what BBS meant.

That's another valid aspect of comedy worth highlighting.
Major BigBallinStalin

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,