Conquer Club

Missed Turns in 24 Hour Games

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Missed Turns in 24 Hour Games

Postby Xatrius on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:01 pm

Right now I'm involved in a 4 player 24 hr game. One player has missed his first and only turn, a second player has now missed his first two turns.

This is ridiculous. If a player signs up for a 24 hour game and can't manage to make his turn, he should be booted straight away.
Cadet Xatrius

Re: Missed Turns in 24 Hour Games

Postby icbmwarfare on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:07 pm

This does suck especially when you only have 4 slots to play games and you're waiting 3 days to take each turn. But shit happens where you cant take your turn and new people make accounts, join a game and never log back in. You just gotta live with it and at least you can jump into a new game. You don't have to wait for each dead beat to miss 3 turns so you can free up the slot.
Private 1st Class icbmwarfare

Postby icbmwarfare on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:13 pm

What I want to do is find a whole bunch of people that are like me, completely addicted to the game that log in 4 or 5 times a day to check their games and are always up for an rt game. And build my friend list or even a group with them so i can just see whose on and send them a message seeing if they want to play. That way you're not getting into games with 3 deadbeats and one guy that only takes 1 out of 3 turns.
Private 1st Class icbmwarfare

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:32 pm

Low rankers tend to do that, Xatrius. Hang in there, buddy; it gets better.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby premio53 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:03 am

Xatrius wrote:Right now I'm involved in a 4 player 24 hr game. One player has missed his first and only turn, a second player has now missed his first two turns.

This is ridiculous. If a player signs up for a 24 hour game and can't manage to make his turn, he should be booted straight away.
r
Remember. The foe button is your friend.
Lieutenant premio53

Postby betiko on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:47 am

yup, try to build yourself a team with people you trust and are on the same page. maybe icbmwarfare could be a better partner for you!
Major betiko

Postby Xatrius on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:30 pm

Yeah, I've actually been crafting a friends list. (I also referred like 9 people) But still, I think they should address this. What kills me is that when MIA players finally log in, they get all the troops they missed!
Cadet Xatrius

Postby AslanTheKing on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:45 pm

Some people use this as strategy, u can miss 2 turns, and play the third, and miss after 2 turns again and play the next, and miss the next turn again
i dont use this tactic, since it can become a boomerang and u lose anyway.
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Postby wreckead on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:50 pm

Xatrius wrote:Right now I'm involved in a 4 player 24 hr game. One player has missed his first and only turn, a second player has now missed his first two turns.

dont worry about it man, just remember shit happens sometimes.........maybe they got hit by a train or they got too pissed the night before. there can be many genuine reasons for missing turns. Check their attendance stats that should give you a clue. And yes some people also do this as a tactic.

For me i just start more games 10/20 at a time then i always have turns to take.....also theres speed games. if you cant cause you aint got premium, get it!

If they dont come back just take the free points and smile it matters not :D
Colonel wreckead

Postby Evil Semp on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:54 pm

Are you proposing a zero tolerance for missed turns? You have a 97% turns taken after 40 games. Were your missed turns worthy of being kicked? Were your missed turns any less annoying to the players in the games that you missed turns? Others had patience when you missed turns so please be patient for others who have missed turns.
Lieutenant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby betiko on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:06 am

Evil Semp wrote:

Are you proposing a zero tolerance for missed turns? You have a 97% turns taken after 40 games. Were your missed turns worthy of being kicked? Were your missed turns any less annoying to the players in the games that you missed turns? Others had patience when you missed turns so please be patient for others who have missed turns.

:lol: :lol: pretty ironic, didn't see that!
Major betiko

Postby Starkadder on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:49 pm

I missed a turn yesterday, because I had to get up early and ship lots of work equipment out via FedEx. Then I had to pack my suitcases, and travel an hour to Pensacola. Then I flew from Pensacola, through Atlanta, to Norfolk. By the time I got home, I was tired and went to bed early. Conquer Club never entered my mind during that time. A couple of retro'd armies are not worth missing a turn. I hope zero tolerance for missed turns never happens, because most of us are human and we are going to miss turns occasionally due to real life events or just plain brain lapses.
Corporal 1st Class Starkadder

Return to Conquer Club Discussion