Conquer Club

Conquer Club: Social Network

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Conquer Club: Social Network

Postby decoulombe on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:10 pm

Good Evening,

My name is decoulombe and have been on the Conquer Club Website for sometime. Some of you may have remembered me but I used to have a premium membership and used to be a lot more active. Unfortunately, much has changed as the real world has taken priority on things.

Anyways, enough about me and on to the suggestion. I have been working with PHP for quite some time, and one of the main items a lot of my clients wish to make is for PHP to be a more social network.

Concise description:
  • Add a more social network to the existing PHP structure of CC.

Specifics/Details:
  • A extension of User Profiles to include a Wall with like/dislike, personal information, list of family and friends, and even user statistics.e
  • A extension of the friends management system, to include a list of friends on user profiles.
  • A activity stream page, in addition to the exisiting wall system, to provide the user to make comments of existing posts on the wall.
  • Private Instant Messenger to chat with your friends. This is done through the AJAX messaging system, but there are others that can include a chat system on the front page when logging in

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • CC as a whole will benefit as people will have a tendency to invite family and friends to join the.
  • Moderators and Administrators will have an additional tool in distinguishing Family and Friends from the "double account" violators
  • The social network will boost the CC overall attendance log as people will want to log to chat and talk to Family and Friends.
  • Existing users will make use of the friends system and meet new people from around the world.

There are different PHP mods out there that may benefit CC. Some are free and some you have to pay, but if the Administration Team is interested, I'll be happy to support the project in the best way I can.

Decoulombe
"You can't rule the world in hiding. You've got to come out on the balcony sometime and wave a tentacle"
Cadet decoulombe

Re: Conquer Club: Social Network

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:48 am

1. Anonymity is a valued feature of CC.

2. Substitutes are readily available (Facebook, ICQ, etc.).

3. But, the benefits of converting CC into a social network may offset the costs. Since we don't know how many ConquerClubbers would value a CC Social Network, then it might be best to keep it optional.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Koganosi on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:00 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:1. Anonymity is a valued feature of CC.

2. Substitutes are readily available (Facebook, ICQ, etc.).

This. I would seriously consider quitting if we get some weird messaging system etc with likes, dislikes. I loved the way CC is since its anonymity for 4,5 years now, love risk etc. This would pretty much just spoil the fun for me. Main idea should be risk not meeting people from all over the world and chatting with them. If I want that ill go chatroullete, facebook or whatever! I cant say I didnt meet friends here but that only came to such a point with the clan I am currently sitting in and caus we are all Dutch/Belgians.

Urs

Koganosi
Major Koganosi

Postby tkr4lf on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:37 pm

Yeah, this is a bad suggestion. Facebook sucks enough, I don't want CC turning into damn Facebook.
Major tkr4lf

Postby stumeister69 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:58 pm

Sometimes you have to role with the times. Younger people are more integrated in social media. These kind of ideas can bring higher streams of users. Quality may be an issue. But isn't the forums a means of social media so its only really an extra add on feature. Doesn't have to be like fb but something that integrates the forum more with user profile would surely benefit the forums too. After all the more time people spend on the website the more likely to convert premium members.
Cadet stumeister69

Postby stumeister69 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:59 pm

And you can easily have an opt out option if some people really are against it
Cadet stumeister69

Postby patrickaa317 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:57 pm

No. I'll likely leave the site if this becomes a social networking site. If you want social networking, search elsewhere. Move this to rejected.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby nicestash on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:48 pm

I too am against this. Younger people do not want another social network- the stuff we already have is exhausting enough!
Major nicestash

Postby blakebowling on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:48 pm

I'm going to go ahead and REJECT this one. ConquerClub is a global domination gaming site, it's not (and won't become) facebook, twitter, tumblr, or any of the like.
Private blakebowling

Postby nicestash on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:07 pm

Yay!
Major nicestash

Return to Archived Suggestions