Conquer Club

Game Variations Based on Castle Risk [Edited OP: chap]

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Castle risk

Postby Mr_Adams on Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:43 pm

for those of you who haven't played this variation of the board game, pretty much any territory touching an ocean (or other body of water) can attack any territory touching the same ocean, or body of water. EX: I own Auzy I can att a territory in south america, over ocean.

Just another thought for a game option, would be interesting in fog of war.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby jennifermarie on Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:59 am

Mr_Adams,
to have your suggestion read and possibly implemented by the mods, you need to use the form listed at the top of the "suggestions & bug reports" forum.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

jennifermarie
Private 1st Class jennifermarie

Postby cena-rules on Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:46 am

jennifermarie wrote:Mr_Adams,
to have your suggestion read and possibly implemented by the mods, you need to use the form listed at the top of the "suggestions & bug reports" forum.

jennifermarie

did anyone else think of a tannoy announcement when reading this??
19:41:22 ā€¹jakewilliamsā€ŗ I was a pedo
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby Anarkistsdream on Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:48 am

cena-rules wrote:
jennifermarie wrote:Mr_Adams,

jennifermarie

did anyone else think of a tannoy announcement when reading this??

I thought that Jennifer Marie should talk to me... 8)
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Castle Risk

Postby MasterOfDrums03 on Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:04 pm

Anyone ever played castle risk before? Would it be possible to get that going up on this site?
Captain MasterOfDrums03

Postby Herakilla on Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:02 pm

please use search before posting a suggestion as this has been suggested i believe
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby RedBaron0 on Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:51 am

I'd like to see this one come up. I used to play Castle Risk as a kid, but it kinda disappeared after a while. I haven't played this version of Risk in probably 10+ years. I think it'd be a welcome addition to CC.

Course as I've been looking around trying to see if Axis and Allies might be considered.... but it doesn't look like that'll ever happen; from what I've read... :?

Oh well...
ImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class RedBaron0

Postby 4V4T4R on Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:55 am

great idea.. capital risk is awesome, and forting at the end of the turn sounds interesting too.
Private 4V4T4R

Postby Kemmler on Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:40 am

I know this is a fairly old thread but it's a great idea, not worth making a new thread and I'd like to show some support :)
Cook Kemmler

Postby Soloman on Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:29 am

Soloman wrote:here is a break down of how it should be implemented if and and when it occurs, as has been posted previously it should be done piece by piece and in doing so you will create a wide variety of game variations

1st- the get reinforcements at end of turn- the dynamics that change will make the game play way more dynamic and change the approach on how you start and end a turn, this will probably be the easiest part as far as change in game engine middleware coding

2nd- would be the capital dynamic it would take some adjusting but the groundwork is there with assassin games and would just have to be further altered to where it was one territory designated by the individual, also creating the ability to select that 1 territory will take some doing in itself. Ontop of that a decision will have to made asto what happens with the enemies troops once he is eliminated whether they will become neutral or go to the conquerer this could be another option onto itself add further choice for gameplay

will post more later...

Wow there is still life in this and part of my idea has been made simpler by the change to missed turns armies. another part has come in the age maps and the feudal maps so a centralized start has been made possible. we are half way there in various poibnts only thing not there would be new card type but even that again could an additional option for varios game types
You Have 2 choices,You can either Agree With Me or Be Wrong!!! http://www.myspace.com/solomanthewise http://360.yahoo.com/bolar35
Sergeant Soloman

Postby Soloman on Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:45 pm

come on people vote :lol:
You Have 2 choices,You can either Agree With Me or Be Wrong!!! http://www.myspace.com/solomanthewise http://360.yahoo.com/bolar35
Sergeant Soloman

Re: ***Suggestion*** Capital/ Castle Variation

Postby Soloman on Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:36 am

This is Being Slept on People another dynamic way to play and for those that vave played this varient they already know how great it is. For a long time I only played my castle board and overlooked my world board
Sergeant Soloman

Postby Soloman on Wed May 07, 2008 12:17 pm

lets all hold up lighters and chant "Castle Risk" =D>
Sergeant Soloman

Postby Soloman on Fri May 30, 2008 12:09 pm

is this suggestion rejected, pending even been looked at by a person who can make it happen???
Sergeant Soloman

Postby lancehoch on Fri May 30, 2008 12:25 pm

It seems that there is no interest in it. This post is the first post by someone other than you since February. For the suggestion to be considered there needs to be sufficient interest in it.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby Soloman on Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:55 am

lancehoch wrote:It seems that there is no interest in it. This post is the first post by someone other than you since February. For the suggestion to be considered there needs to be sufficient interest in it.
70 people have voted on it I have seen ideas with far less reponse and activity get admin response...
Sergeant Soloman

Postby drmfreek on Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:24 am

I'd love to see a Castle risk variant, I really enjoyed that side of my Risk/Castle Risk game board growing up!

So.. bump.
Corporal 1st Class drmfreek

Postby JoshyBoy on Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:13 pm

drmfreek wrote:I'd love to see a Castle risk variant, I really enjoyed that side of my Risk/Castle Risk game board growing up!

So.. bump.

The last post was made over two years ago. This is called necro-bumping and generally isn't allowed. I'm not too sure if this idea is relevant today...??
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Re: Castle risk?

Postby Fazeem on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:58 pm

bump because I searched 1st before making suggestion
Lieutenant Fazeem

Re:

Postby Fazeem on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:02 pm

hecter wrote:Yes, much better. But I really think you have almost three suggestions there.

1. You get the armies at the end and there is no fortification

2. The whole capital/castle capture thing.

3. The cards.

I do however believe that they are all good suggestions. I think that they should, however, be implemented (if ever) as three different suggestions, and that if you wanted to play this type of game, you just check off all the right boxes.

yes this is what I was thinking also
Lieutenant Fazeem

Postby chapcrap on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:47 pm

MERGED the threads that Fazeem found and deleted 7 duplicate posts.

I will edit the OP as soon as possible and then move this to the main Suggestions Forum.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Re: Game Variations Based on Castle Risk [Edited OP: chap]

Postby chapcrap on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:21 pm

chapcrap wrote:MERGED the threads that Fazeem found and deleted 7 duplicate posts.

I will edit the OP as soon as possible and then move this to the main Suggestions Forum.

Did all of this now.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Fazeem on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:37 am

chapcrap wrote:MERGED the threads that Fazeem found and deleted 7 duplicate posts.

Would it be better if I just took the different options and posted them as individual Suggestions? Reading I see that there was a poll where 70 people supported this idea is there any way to bring that back? LOL so many questions so little answers.
Lieutenant Fazeem

Re: Game Variations Based on Castle Risk [Edited OP: chap]

Postby ConfederateSS on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:55 am

I was reading this for fun...I love this type of that game we are not allowed to mention(Ha!Ha!).In fact when I played Europe 1914 for the first time,that's what it reminded me of..I know this is an old post..But I'm with ..Fazeem..When reading the posts not one person mentioned the HIDDEN Armies part of the game.In the rules..in secret,choose a territory where you will place your "Hidden Armies".It may be any territory except one occupied by a castle.Write down the name on a piece of paper and slip in under the board...HIDDEN ARMIES:Used only once at any time during the game to defend the territory they occupy or attack from that territory..A)You must occupy the territory before you bring them out..B)Show the others players the paper with the territory name written on it..C)Place on that territory the number of armies equal to the number above the last Reinforcement card played.(The longer hidden armies stay underground,the greater their number may be when you bring them out.)...It just isn't Castle "you know"..without Hidden Armies...I still can't believe nobody said anything...If this has to be moved to suggestions..let it be written,so let it be done...ConfederateSS..out!!P.S..C.C. Land is looking for new ways to attract new members and maybe bring back the ones that left....Although I haven't any idea how you would make this idea happen....
Sergeant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby Fazeem on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:18 pm

Fazeem wrote:

Would it be better if I just took the different options and posted them as individual Suggestions? Reading I see that there was a poll where 70 people supported this idea is there any way to bring that back? LOL so many questions so little answers.

Any Mod or Admin(anybody else while helpful is not as meaningful lol) Feedback on this question would be grateful
Lieutenant Fazeem

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions