Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Eleven

Postby rishaed on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:17 pm

pancakemix wrote:For the record, I can't doc myself.

If y'all are dead set on killing me, whatevs. I told you I already completed my WC. GG, hippo. Despite everything, no one wants to lynch you.

One, I would be more than ready to lynch hippo, however we couldn't get the required voters for that *cough inactives cough* , so we took the other lynch that would keep us moving forward. :roll: Now as long as Jonty flips cult you probably won't have anything to worry about.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby / on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:18 pm

Vote Count

Little Witt: 5 votes; Betiko, thehippo8, rishaed, soundman spiesr

10 alive 5 to lynch, that's a lynch, scene soon.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:35 pm

Damn it, I got the prod. I'm still here.
Captain safariguy5

Postby rishaed on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:41 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Damn it, I got the prod. I'm still here.

Hopefully we can count you in tomorrow :) Nice to see that you are back.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby / on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:45 pm

Far beyond the realm of man, far removed from the influence of time as we know it, the great race of Yith exists.
On that planet, a creature whose mind had glimpses futures and pasts, a survivor to the vastness of aeons lost and revisited; this creature was summoned, pulled by arcane forces as the humans reach out through the intricate weavings of existence in order to enact vengeance upon the corrupted threat.

The creature appeared, it had been caught in a brief moment of vulnerability by having its spirit attacked while within the simpler brain of a human, a mark that could not be erased, a desire to fulfill the bidding of an even more incomprehensibly powerful being.
They destroyed the creature before it could exchange its existence again.
show

Night eleven begins, you have until Monday.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Night Eleven

Postby / on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:37 am

The creature from space came again to attack a human, a massive yellow tentacle wrapped around the victim in an instant, a horrible crack fills the night air, then silence, nothing more is seen.

Two killers face off that night; one an outsider by fate, their woe of being rejected by fate, that haunting castle in their dreams as tattered as their existence, they cannot see reality as it is anymore, they gaze into the reflection of their opponent's blade, and the image it reflects is that of a monster; The other was blinded by the pursuit of knowledge, the knowledge of Yog Sothoth burned their mind and corrupted their existence, the pain overwrote the fabric of their consciousness, and the shape of their sub-conscious caused them to lash out at their fellow humans, what incomprehensible sights did they behold to so thoroughly change them?

show

Day Twelve begins, you have until next tuesday
With 6 alive it takes 3 to lynch
Sergeant 1st Class /

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Twelve

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:07 am

So ... where too from here? Are we going to try and kill the last Yith?
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby spiesr on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:35 am

thehippo8 wrote:So ... where too from here? Are we going to try and kill the last Yith?
I would place you higher than the last Yith on the potential threat list. What is disturbing about last night's results is that betiko and rishaed were both SKs, possibly due to insanity. It raises the question, "could more players become SKs." With all of the the normal Humans gone now I don't know. We currently have: 3 Town players (all of whom were killed and revived), a Yith, and thehippo.
Right now thehippo would be my preference for a lynch. Before that I would like to hear from Soundman and Safariguy. What do you guys think? What have you been since you were revived (and in Safari's case before it), and do you have you any information that might be useful? I have been on doc duty since I was revived and don't have any info from that.
Captain spiesr

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:24 pm

Hmmm ... well, if my theory is right then the game has been a battle between humans proper and the revived. What I find interesting is that the game is not over. That means, although I stand to be proved wrong, that either I am the last bastion for humanity (and if that is so, then that is very strange!) or it is a humans vs yith thing? So, yeah but no but!? Anyways, assuming you try and lynch me today and I kill yith tonight then we will know for sure. The other alternative is y'all could go ahead and lynch yith today and be done with it. Your call I guess!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby new guy1 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:42 pm

spiesr wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:So ... where too from here? Are we going to try and kill the last Yith?
I would place you higher than the last Yith on the potential threat list. What is disturbing about last night's results is that betiko and rishaed were both SKs, possibly due to insanity. It raises the question, "could more players become SKs." With all of the the normal Humans gone now I don't know. We currently have: 3 Town players (all of whom were killed and revived), a Yith, and thehippo.
Right now thehippo would be my preference for a lynch. Before that I would like to hear from Soundman and Safariguy. What do you guys think? What have you been since you were revived (and in Safari's case before it), and do you have you any information that might be useful? I have been on doc duty since I was revived and don't have any info from that.

Well, first off I would like to say that I still have the WC of surviving. I have no killing role, and I am assuming they became SK's from worshipping a diety, as Rishaed had done so and so I am lead to believe that betiko did too. I would like to throw out there that my role would be a little overpowered if I had a killing role and could still switch bodies, and that if I were malicious then I could have avoided giving you the information you required to make proper lynches, like earlier for Lovo and such. We discovered all your enemies and such, and when kanin and commander died, we still did not see a decrease in the kills during the nights. Therefore, I would like to point out that the three kills tonight are quite possibly from hippo, rishaed, and betiko, therefore we should see only one kill tonight as long as nobody else has a role like theirs. Therefore, I believe hippo to be the only killing role left, and so I would endorse a lynch on him, though I am unable to vote. I have done nothing but help humans, and so I feel that it would be a little screwy if you still killed me over someone who decieved or the many others that are lurking. I would say that I could endorse a lynch on pancake mix also, because we do not know if his WC changed when he reached his WC.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby soundman on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:19 pm

Yesterday and last night I was masoned with Betiko (one shot power I was given). Hippo killed Jonty, Betiko killed Rishaed, and I'm assuming Rishaed killed Betiko.

Vote Hippo. I believe he is the last link that needs to go. If that doesn't endgame us then we lynch PCM. If that doesn't then we lynch NG and have only confirmed town remaining. But I believe lynching Hippo will be the last thing we need to do.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:58 pm

I've been sleeping every night because I fear the insanity effects. It's possible the players who could worship someone could become insane. I'm still town aligned, but who else is still town I don't really know. I'd like to think those of us who were revived are town, but at this point, it's really difficult to tell.

I slept last night and was rendered voteless. I'll prove it by vote hippo. My rationale is that hippo is suggesting that revived players are untrustworthy/scum. If that were true, with 6 players remaining, we would have endgamed town by now if we were all anti town.
Captain safariguy5

Postby spiesr on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:25 pm

safariguy5 wrote:I've been sleeping every night because I fear the insanity effects. It's possible the players who could worship someone could become insane. I'm still town aligned, but who else is still town I don't really know. I'd like to think those of us who were revived are town, but at this point, it's really difficult to tell.

I slept last night and was rendered voteless. I'll prove it by vote hippo. My rationale is that hippo is suggesting that revived players are untrustworthy/scum. If that were true, with 6 players remaining, we would have endgamed town by now if we were all anti town.
You fear becoming insane? But your role was "Randolph Carter, Insanity-proof Town Human," shouldn't you be the one person who doesn't have to worry about that? You say that last Night your sleeping caused you to be voteless for the Day. Okay, now what happened on Nights 6, 7, 8, & 10? (I would like a similar breakdown from Soundman.)

Anyhow, assuming Safariguy is being truthful it looks like we will need Pancakemix to drop by and cast his vote in order to be able to reach a lynch on Hippo. (With only 4 actually voters today.) Once we get a couple things straightened out I will cast my vote as well.
Captain spiesr

Postby soundman on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:25 pm

spiesr wrote:You say that last Night your sleeping caused you to be voteless for the Day. Okay, now what happened on Nights 6, 7, 8, & 10? (I would like a similar breakdown from Soundman.)

I was dead Night 6. I roleblocked Hippo Night 7 and masoned Betiko yesterday and last night. The rest of the nights are not relevant.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby / on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:44 pm

Vote count

thehippo8: 1 vote; soundman

Deadline Tuesday
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:01 am

spiesr wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I've been sleeping every night because I fear the insanity effects. It's possible the players who could worship someone could become insane. I'm still town aligned, but who else is still town I don't really know. I'd like to think those of us who were revived are town, but at this point, it's really difficult to tell.

You fear becoming insane? But your role was "Randolph Carter, Insanity-proof Town Human," shouldn't you be the one person who doesn't have to worry about that? You say that last Night your sleeping caused you to be voteless for the Day. Okay, now what happened on Nights 6, 7, 8, & 10? (I would like a similar breakdown from Soundman.)

Anyhow, assuming Safariguy is being truthful it looks like we will need Pancakemix to drop by and cast his vote in order to be able to reach a lynch on Hippo. (With only 4 actually voters today.) Once we get a couple things straightened out I will cast my vote as well.

I never said that I was insanity proof. I only said that I did not have a JOAT ability where I could worship anyone. I can pray to Yog-Sothoth, but it carries the same insanity risk as any other JOAT.

And to clear up any possible confusion, yes, I am one of the humans who can attempt to kill someone each night. Although I haven't done so yet.
Captain safariguy5

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Night Eight

Postby spiesr on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:18 am

safariguy5 wrote:I never said that I was insanity proof.
Didn't you ever see what / listed your role as when you died?
/ wrote:safariguy5, Randolph Carter, Town Insanity-Proof Human

/, if pancakemix doesn't post in the next 24 hours could you prod him?
Right now we are mostly waiting on him to show up it seems. Unless anybody has anything else they would like to share?
Captain spiesr

Postby pancakemix on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:43 am

Juggling too many thing. :|

If the choice is between me and hippo, lynching hippo is the only thing that will actually help you. So I'll help that camp.

Vote Hippo
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby spiesr on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:50 am

Vote Hippo, let's get this over with.
Captain spiesr

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:17 pm

So, I kill PCM tonight?
ImageImageImage
show

Postby / on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:44 pm

Vote count

thehippo8: 3 votes; soundman, pancakemix, spiesr

That's a lynch, scene soon
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:01 pm

ImageImageImage
show

Postby / on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:18 pm

The few remaining confronted the strange entity, its true motive, if any, still a mystery. All that was known is the sorrows brought by the alien god and its kin, the timeless strife incurred by the demanding whims of feuding deities.
The King in Yellow removes his mask, both literally and figuratively, beneath the mask of humanity lies another form of the creature. Polypous yellow flesh surrounds the denizens of Arkham, tentacles pave the walls of the city. A person cuts at the flesh of the being, the sinewy texture gives, only to spring back and regenerate. Mortal means do little to harm the creature.
But in the mass on thing stood out, a lone book, a book of worship to the malign deities written by Abdul Alhazred stolen from the body of the human killed by Hastur that last night. Ironically the rituals to appease these gods would be their undoing; countless symbols painstakingly written out to Cthulhu, Yog Sothoth; Great Old Ones, and Outer Gods. These symbols contained the powers of the conflicting deities, its cursed powers sensing and grabbing at their 'brother'.
A bright light covered Hastur, and he vanished without a trace.

"Songs that the Hyades shall sing,
Where flap the tatters of the King,
Must die unheard in
Dim Carcosa.
"

show

Night Twelve begins, you have until Saturday
Sergeant 1st Class /

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Night Twelve

Postby / on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:14 pm

There was no death tonight.

Day Thirteen begins, you have until Sunday the 10th
with 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch
Sergeant 1st Class /

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Thirteen

Postby spiesr on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:59 pm

Alright, unless anybody has any sort of evidence to say otherwise I am going to assume that either new guy or pancakemix must be the thing which is keeping us from endgame. Not sure which one and not sure why. (Having been recruited into the cult is a possibility.)
Does anybody have any info that might help us figure out which one to pursue? None of my own information seems to fit the bill.
On one hand if what they have claimed is true pancakemix won't really care if we lynch him first whereas newguy's entire faction will lose if we are wrong and kill him. On the otherhand, newguy's ability has the potential to make killing him difficult.

Judging by the number of votes required I assume that you have your vote back safariguy?
Captain spiesr

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives