Conquer Club

An Unproven Hypothesis, The Rise of Ignorance.

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What are the facts? Please keep an open mind and read the article first before casting your vote.

Total votes : 0

Re: An Unproven Hypothesis, The Rise of Ignorance.

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:17 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:...and what happened to his day job for that 100 years?

I'm sure you know very well that the most successful comedians don't need a day job.

Ha! You know less about comedy than Viceroy does about shipbuilding.

The first person that came to mind was Dane Cook. A Christian.

I smell a conspiracy.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby jonesthecurl on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:31 pm

Wasn't he in the Muppets?
Oh, no, he was Swedish.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby jonesthecurl on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:49 pm

Next question: how much of the flood came from the rain and how much from the "fountains of the deep"?
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:30 am

...and what are the "fountains of the deep"?
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:46 am

jonesthecurl wrote:...and what are the "fountains of the deep"?

I found this informative image for you, Jonesy. I am pretty sure it'll satisfy all your scientific inquiries.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:46 am

Ancient Hebrews believed the world existed as three planes. They thought the circular, flat Earth was us, then the heavens above, and underneath was the waters of the deep or underworld. Something to do with creation, iirc. So, it was arranged like floors in a building with creation separating the three.

This is reflected in the Ark's construction of three decks.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Frigidus on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:36 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:

Ancient Hebrews believed the world existed as three planes. They thought the circular, flat Earth was us, then the heavens above, and underneath was the waters of the deep or underworld. Something to do with creation, iirc. So, it was arranged like floors in a building with creation separating the three.

-TG

Yeah, well there probably is a shitload of water underground. I mean, come on, has anyone ever seen the core of the earth? If I can't see it then generally accepted science is probably wrong. Whatever the Bible says goes.
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby crispybits on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:01 am

Plus dry land is always higher up than the sea - so it makes sense that water sits underneath the land - why didn't we realise this before!!!
Major crispybits

Postby Viceroy63 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:03 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:

-TG

You're being way too liberal with the word "Flat." No where is it even indicated that the Hebrews believed in a flat earth. In fact the opposite, they knew that the earth was round like a ball and the language tends to lean in that direction.

BTW: This marks my one thousandths (1,000) post.
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:00 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:Next question: how much of the flood came from the rain and how much from the "fountains of the deep"?

You may have missed the question that I asked here, Viceroy. You have responded since but not replied to this one.
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:05 pm

Viceroy63 wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:
So a hundred years to build a huge Ark? Only a few people actually working on that huge dry dock?

It's possible!

Well the Titanic took about 9,000 man-years.

Uuuuhhh Yeah; Sure thing buddy. ;)
:lol:

[Note]
No need to provide any references here???

Actually, yes you do. You keep referring to "the Bible", but a lot of what you quote does not appear in original translations of that document. Much actually is just inferences you or other people try to make based on the words within the Bible, not words in the Bible itself.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Viceroy63 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:32 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:
So a hundred years to build a huge Ark? Only a few people actually working on that huge dry dock?

It's possible!

[Note]

Actually, yes you do. You keep referring to "the Bible", but a lot of what you quote does not appear in original translations of that document. Much actually is just inferences you or other people try to make based on the words within the Bible, not words in the Bible itself.

I agree! References should be posted at all times and for my part I always try and provide scripture passage and verse as well as other links to other sites as well also.

But what I don't get is where is the reference for "Man-Years?" If "Man Hours" is the total number of hours that a man works on something then "Man-Years" must also be referring to the same thing. The Total Number of years that it literally takes to do some without sleeping, eating, spending time with your family and what ever else we do on our own time. Don't you agree? So where is the reference that the titanic took exactly 9,000 "Man-Years" to construct? That's what I would like to know.
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:38 pm

Mirriam-Webster
Definition of MAN-YEAR
: a unit of the work done by one person in a year composed of a standard number of working days

Now if you want to use a different definition, that's fine. But if you use words in a different way to other people, don't expect to achieve any communication at all.

"There's glory for you!"
"I don't know what you mean by 'glory,' " Alice said.
Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. "Of course you don'tā€”till I tell you. I meant 'there's a nice knock-down argument for you!' "
"But 'glory' doesn't mean 'a nice knock-down argument,' " Alice objected.
"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to meanā€”neither more nor less."
"The question is, " said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty. "which is to be masterā€”that's all."
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:39 pm

notyou2 wrote:Who gathered and looked after the animals, insects, plants, etc? How much time did that take?

This one is obvious. God did it.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:39 pm

Now what about those fountains?
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby Viceroy63 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:33 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:Mirriam-Webster
Definition of MAN-YEAR
: a unit of the work done by one person in a year composed of a standard number of working days

Now if you want to use a different definition, that's fine. But if you use words in a different way to other people, don't expect to achieve any communication at all.

"There's glory for you!"
"I don't know what you mean by 'glory,' " Alice said.
Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. "Of course you don'tā€”till I tell you. I meant 'there's a nice knock-down argument for you!' "
"But 'glory' doesn't mean 'a nice knock-down argument,' " Alice objected.
"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to meanā€”neither more nor less."
"The question is, " said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty. "which is to be masterā€”that's all."

OH, PLEASE! That may be in the dictionary but it doesn't mean anything.

OK; Let me ask you this; What's the average number of "Man Years" that a human being spends masturbating before reaching the age of maturity?

Isn't that a unit of the work done by one person in a year composed of a standard number of working days? Each time is a whole "Man Year" gone by because each time is a unit of the work done.

That definition is meaningless!

Shit! If we go by this definition then we've all spent countless of thousands of "Man Years" masturbating while growing up. Each one of us got the Titanic beat by a fracking long shot and a half. Together, we have billions if not trillions of wasted "Man Years" in the fruitless endeavor and I'm just saying, this thread alone.

So that definition of the word "Man Years," even if it is found in Merriam Webster's Dictionary, for any truly intelligent person,...
... is absolutely worthless.

They'll just print anything these days???
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:50 pm

Viceroy63 wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:

-TG

You're being way too liberal with the word "Flat." No where is it even indicated that the Hebrews believed in a flat earth. In fact the opposite, they knew that the earth was round like a ball and the language tends to lean in that direction.

BTW: This marks my one thousandths (1,000) post.

UH... references? Verification?
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:56 pm

Viceroy63 wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:

It's possible!

[Note]

I agree! References should be posted at all times and for my part I always try and provide scripture passage and verse as well as other links to other sites as well also.

No you post your version of what you have read, not which version of the Bible you are referencing or anything else. In fact, your answer seems to indicate you don't know what a real reference entails.

Viceroy63 wrote:But what I don't get is where is the reference for "Man-Years?"

Its a semi-standardized average of what it would take an average man a year to complete, similar to horsepower. I can be an exact measure, as in "it took the contractor 60 man hours..." or it can be a more relative measure, used mostly for comparing jobs or estimates of time to complete a job.

Viceroy63 wrote:If "Man Hours" is the total number of hours that a man works on something then "Man-Years" must also be referring to the same thing. The Total Number of years that it literally takes to do some without sleeping, eating, spending time with your family and what ever else we do on our own time. Don't you agree? So where is the reference that the titanic took exactly 9,000 "Man-Years" to construct? That's what I would like to know.

I never mentioned the Titanic. I simply asked you where you get your information. You are making a lot of assumptions without any real basis. I am asking where YOUR data came from, not anyone else's.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Viceroy63 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:53 pm

What "assumptions" are you talking about?

If it's about the theory of evolution not being factual, That is not an assumption.
Last edited by Viceroy63 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby Viceroy63 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:59 pm

A Cubit is approximately 18 inches or 1.5 feet.

At 300 Cubits Long, the Ark would be approximately 450 feet Long.
At 50 Cubits Wide, the Ark would have a width of approximately 75 feet.
At 30 Cubits High, the Ark would have a Height of 45 feet.

That's as tall if not taller than a modern four story apartment building and as wide and as long as a city block. Or put another way, it would have more than half the volume of space then the HMS Titanic. I would estimate 70 to 80 percent because the Ark is much more wider than the Titanic.

The Ark is definitely larger than a foot ball field at 300 feet Long from goal post to goal post and almost as wide.

So get your facts straight people. That's...

BIIIIG!!!

AndyDufresne wrote:How much would Noah's Ark weigh, and how much water would it displace?

--Andy

The displacement tonnage of the ark, which is the weight of water it would displace at a draught of 15 cubits, would be more than 22,000 tons. By comparison the U.S.S. Salem, a 716 foot long (218 meters) heavy cruiser commissioned in 1949, has a displacement tonnage of 21,500 tons. The gross tonnage, which is a measure of cubic space (100 cubic feet is one gross ton), would be 15,100 tons.
http://www.biblestudy.org/basicart/was- ... imals.html

BIG FAT REFERENCE JUST ABOVE! SEE?
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby Neoteny on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:07 pm

Holy christ, the ark is the most boring creationist nonsense.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:22 pm

More maths:

50,000 species = 100,000 creatures, not including births.
A sheep eats about 4-5 pounds of food a day, a lion 10-20. (note: smaller specimens often eat more because they are are growing.
Let's assume 4 pounds of food per creature per day.
That's 400,000 pounds of food per day. And a similar amount of crap.
So the eight people each need to deliver 50,000 lbs of food per day, and muck out 50,000 pounds of crap.
If they work 24 hours a day, never sleeping or eating themselves, then they need to deliver about 34 lbs per minute each.
And take away a lot of crap.
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby tzor on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:28 pm

Viceroy63 wrote:You're being way too liberal with the word "Flat." No where is it even indicated that the Hebrews believed in a flat earth. In fact the opposite, they knew that the earth was round like a ball and the language tends to lean in that direction.

As are you.

The Jewish Encyclopedia describes the firmament as follows:
The Hebrews regarded the earth as a plain or a hill figured like a hemisphere, swimming on water. Over this is arched the solid vault of heaven. To this vault are fastened the lights, the stars. So slight is this elevation that birds may rise to it and fly along its expanse.

So while the earth is curved, it is clearly not a sphere.
Cadet tzor

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:08 pm

Viceroy63 wrote:
OK; Let me ask you this; What's the average number of "Man Years" that a human being spends masturbating before reaching the age of maturity?

Is masturbating hard work for you?
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby PLAYER57832 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:52 pm

Viceroy63 wrote:What "assumptions" are you talking about?

If it's about the theory of evolution not being factual, That is not an assumption.

Sure it is, unless you actually back it up with real facts. Even when you cite the Bible, by not specifying which Bible translation and simply insisting that it is "in the Bible", you show a lack of knowledge of the subject. You seem unaware that other ideas even exist, never mind that they have real basis.

Ignoring data is not the same as proving things false. Ignoring data that exists is just as much a lie as presenting falsehoods directly. In fact, in many times far more harm is caused by simply not presenting data than by actual false information.

That you even think you have come close to proving that evolution is false shows how little you understand of what proof means or what science actually does.

Most of the problems you present, even if absolutely accurate, merely show issues in dispute. They show that science works, not the opposit. That so many of your examples are, when tracked down, not even truly as you claim.... well, you need to do a LOT more research if you wish to present your views to an audience that has not been already endoctrinated to similar views without facing complete disdain.
Corporal PLAYER57832

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,