Conquer Club

Finally Some News

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Finally Some News: The Beginning

Postby Gillipig on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:28 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:Yes, crossmap next level is 200. We can look into changing the scales for the teammate medal overall, since it is ostensibly harder to get that medal than the others.

BMO

Damn, I was sort of hoping for 100 or 150.

I'm gonna have to foe anyone I win over to even get Platinum in standard. Trying to get it in any other medal is just mission impossible. except the rating medal, that should be possible. Just wish I had rated the players in those 19 speed BR's I played.
Last edited by Gillipig on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:31 am

Also, why is everyone calling it platinum? ;)

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby betiko on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:32 am

Swifte wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:The medals are super high for a reason -- to truly reward the longevity players. They're not supposed to be easily farmed, and filling out your profile with those medals would be truly, truly fantastic! Players with those medals would be known as the cream of the crop for the respective setting. :)

BMO

I agree with this view. Set the bar high - it may take some time but for people that were out of medals to obtain - at least now they have something to keep them busy for a (long) while!

don't you think that 1000 or 1200 was already setting the bar really high? I think you can count on the fingers of your hand the players that have all in gold out of 650 000+ accounts. Multiply it by 3 already guarantees any player on the site to be buisy for a few years. It's almost multiplied by 4 here, no one will ever reach full diamond!

gillipig: for the crossmap I think 200 is fully logic and reasonable.
Major betiko

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:36 am

Not all the settings are 1500. Ratings medal is higher, as is always. If you want to do some guesswork, I'll be getting 5 medals when they go live! :D

BMO

Postby ManBungalow on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:46 am

koontz1973 wrote:Can someone get a screen grab of these ads? Just curious to see one of them and how intrusive they are.

This please.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby HardAttack on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:15 am

i know very strange point,
but i am not very satisfied from means of visiuality...
many will have a few of diamond medals once it gets released but then from visiuality measures, if this diamond medal, any chance going to look better than we have it gold right now ?

i just dont want diamond medals to look like a black spider on the white carpet... color combinations is a fail IMO.
i dont really care if it looks like to diamond piece, in jewelery offices, diamond pieces are made combo with ruby/sapphire/etc stones so medal should not be all dark because we call it to be diamond...loook at standard gold medal icon, and if red color has got anything to do with gold ? But it is well red dominating more than gold yellow.

Well, idea is superb !!!
On the other hand, maybe we reconsider the diamond colors, i am all good with very shiney white dominating medal icons, or if you are making it dark background, then add some powerfull colors in it, such as ruby color instead turquaz, or add gold yellow in it instead turquaz, just try it out then you will see it better company with existing gold medals...If you keep this look, then really between gold medals, this new medal is not going to fit well.
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby rjhankey on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:25 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:I'll let you know that the ratings medal will be achieved at 1500. Are you ready?!? I'm not even close! :D[/size]

*chuckle* -- I think I'm ready for the next next ratings medal -- I just looked, and I've left 3299 ratings, yeesh.
Highest rank/rating -- Major / 2243 points -- May 21, 2015

http://i.imgur.com/XHQnpn5.gif[/img]
Captain rjhankey

Postby IditarodGuy on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:48 am

Ads, are you serious, ok, they are not that bad, but really? I don't have money to spend on an online game to get premium, also, I want a game limit so I don't overfill my day with games. Could you put the ads at the bottom of the page? How do they benefit the site? How many people would it take to overturn this new announcement?

I like more medals, but, hey, I don't even have any gold yet...
Major IditarodGuy

Postby betiko on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:04 am

IditarodGuy wrote:Ads, are you serious, ok, they are not that bad, but really? I don't have money to spend on an online game to get premium, also, I want a game limit so I don't overfill my day with games. Could you put the ads at the bottom of the page? How do they benefit the site? How many people would it take to overturn this new announcement?

I like more medals, but, hey, I don't even have any gold yet...

well you could ask yourself the question the other way around. how do you benefit the site? As anything free on internet, you got to see ads in return. Just give me a non merchant site free of use without ads, it's just stupid not to monetize these pages (even if adsense isn't gonna bring a very effective CPM..). If you are not willing to pay to play, advertising exposure seems more than reasonable.

oh and just realized 1500 was just for ratings (reasonable for that one). I overlooked the wording! ;)
So looks like other medals will most likely be at 1000-1200 as I initially understood from the medal suggestions! :)
Major betiko

Postby Ffraid on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:08 am

IditarodGuy wrote:Ads, are you serious, ... How do they benefit the site?

Ummm... by bringing in revenue? Of course no one likes ads, but this site has made nothing off of free players until now. This is a business. Premium players bring in revenue and, now, so do we. As a free player, at the moment, I support this move. Makes complete sense to me. If it bothers people, maybe they'll pony up for premium.
Colonel Ffraid

Postby QuikSilver on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:26 am

betiko wrote:1500?? why set it at an almost impossible mark.. so 20-100-400-1500... I thought that more logically it would be 1000 or 1200.. and is it 200 for crossmap?

Lol i'm already at 2300...

It's not almost impossible, and it's platinum for a reason!
LHDD: New Comers 4, CL6 - Second division & Random Cup winners!
Major QuikSilver

Postby Ickyketseddie on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:29 am

3 great updates! Nice one! :D
Captain Ickyketseddie

Postby Gillipig on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:39 am

QuikSilver wrote:
betiko wrote:1500?? why set it at an almost impossible mark.. so 20-100-400-1500... I thought that more logically it would be 1000 or 1200.. and is it 200 for crossmap?

Actually, for some reason they've decided to call it "Diamond". It sure looks more like a medal for platinum.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby MegaProphet on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:59 am

Screen shot of ad
Corporal MegaProphet

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:07 pm

MegaProphet wrote:Screen shot of ad

MegaProphet, thanks for that. Does not look that bad. I know it could get annoying but as long as it stays on the freeium side of things, I am happy. So this is really only on game pages. Again, not so intrusive. It makes sense to have them to pay for programmers/updates.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby betiko on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:17 pm

QuikSilver wrote:

like I said I read the OP too fast. I thought rds meant all medals needed 1500 unique kills, he was just talking about ratings. Ratings is the easiest medal, and even if i'm far from 1500 it's just about rating all finished games win or lose. I guess people will start rating again! ;)
I'm on the same page now, and I'm pretty sure the uniques required for all other medals is 1000-1200 which is cool! :D
Major betiko

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 pm

Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby Gillipig on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:38 pm

Is that just an example ad or a real ad? If it's a real ad, it's not very well executed. You can't even tell what it's advertising.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Gilligan on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:53 pm

Gillipig wrote:

Is that just an example ad or a real ad? If it's a real ad, it's not very well executed. You can't even tell what it's advertising.

Not CC's problem.

CC is advertising exactly what the advertiser is giving them, I would assume.
Captain Gilligan

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:55 pm

Gilligan wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

Not CC's problem.

CC is advertising exactly what the advertiser is giving them, I would assume.

+1

BMO

Postby betiko on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:59 pm

there is an algorythm to display the most profitable ads for google anyway. I don't know on which model CC will be retributed though, CPM, CPC, CPA, postview...
Major betiko

Postby spiesr on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:06 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:Business is business, and part of business for CC now is to add small Text Ads (NO graphic or flash) to Game Pages of Free Members only. They're not too outlandish (I promise!) and will help things to come. Now that the bad news is out of the way, let's get to something good:
rdsrds, could you please state your definition of what constitutes a text ad vs a graphic ad?

Also, what are the chances that the ads could be moved from their current location (where they eat up a little bit of valuable game screen space) up into the empty space on the right side of the header? They look like they should fit vertically. (The Home, Instructions ect buttons will have to slide over to the left.)
Captain spiesr

Postby ender516 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:11 pm

It looks like the Medal Stats page will need an update to indicate that the next achievement after "Gold Achieved". Also the Medals page in the forum might need a tweak as well.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Robespierre__ on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:30 pm

I'm sorry ... am I reading Freemium players voicing an opinion on how this site should be run? Players who are not even willing to support the site with what is an insanely small amount of money for anyone not living in poverty?

Enjoy snacking off of what others are paying for and for the most part, keep your opinion to yourself.

As always, thank you so very much to all the programmers and volunteers who make this site what it is.

Robes
Major Robespierre__

Postby rishaed on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:07 pm

Robespierre__ wrote:I'm sorry ... am I reading Freemium players voicing an opinion on how this site should be run? Players who are not even willing to support the site with what is an insanely small amount of money for anyone not living in poverty?

Enjoy snacking off of what others are paying for and for the most part, keep your opinion to yourself.

As always, thank you so very much to all the programmers and volunteers who make this site what it is.

Robes

Don't be hatin' just b/c we're freemium. I would say that alot of Suggestions for great implementations are supported/furthered by freemiums in part. If every freemium would take your advice you wouldn't have alot of the great game features that you have currently. And not all of us put our priorities on CC, some of us actually have RL stuff to pay for/ save up for where every penny counts. Even though you are "paying" so that I can play I can "pay" by putting my time and suggestions into the site to seek to improve its performance. Just because your paying money doesn't mean that you are more important to the site than others. I will say that I know a lot of premium members, and am more than happy that they have premium, but you guys already get perks over freemiums, so its pick and choose here. Its not all money man. :roll:
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives