Conquer Club

traps and rewards

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

traps and rewards

Postby codierose on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:18 am

hi guys had a thought probably already bean mentioned many of times before but here goes.
is there any way to introduce on neutral territory positions a hidden trap or hidden reward
for example on oasis when you cross the desert you cross on 72 it reveals a trap quicksand what ever and you lose 5 troops, 10 troops or a reward +5 troops, +10 troops. even a hidden artillery position allowing to bombard a set distance away or land mine etc
has this been considered on new maps at all ?? is it possible ?
Major codierose

Re: traps and rewards

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:57 am

If with traps and rewards you mean autodeploy (e.g planes on berlin 1961) or decay (drought regions on Dust bowl), yes it's possible. But i hink you already know this can be done.
If with hidden you mean that it's written nowhere on the map...I say no.
All the important informations must be written on the map...it wouldn't be a so fair game otherwise and the map will be certainly used for point farming. ;)

Nobodies
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby codierose on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:54 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:If with traps and rewards you mean autodeploy (e.g planes on berlin 1961) or decay (drought regions on Dust bowl), yes it's possible. But i hink you already know this can be done.
If with hidden you mean that it's written nowhere on the map...I say no.
All the important informations must be written on the map...it wouldn't be a so fair game otherwise and the map will be certainly used for point farming. ;)

Nobodies

nope not what i mean
if at the start of the game a random amount of hidden traps rewards so you dont know from one game or another where those hidden traps, rewards are. Yes very much like aor2,3 but you would not know what trap, reward would be until you take that perticular neut. so going back to oasis territory 72 might one game give you a reward or another be a trap or nothing at all. I not saying change any map we have already is there any way it could be used in a new one
Major codierose

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:09 pm

That sort of randomness cannot be done. But a way can be done to a point but it might take up to much room explaining it on a map.

If you had 8 starting positions, one for each player. You can then have an (x) region. This region could then produce different effects for each starting position.
  • SP1 + (x) = bonus
  • SP2 + (x) = conditional border to bombard
  • SP3 + (x) = conditional border to attack
  • SP4 + (x) = negative bonus
  • SP5 + (x) = bonus
  • SP6 + (x) = conditional border to bombard different regions from SP2
  • SP7 + (x) = conditional border to attack different regions from SP3
  • SP8 + (x) = negative bonus
Swap out the (x) region and have a (y) region to double it all up again.
  • SP1 + (x) = bonus
  • SP1 +(y) = conditional border
  • SP1 + (x) + (y) = negative bonus
The more regions you have, the more you can do. You just need to label everything clearly and this is the biggest drawback.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Return to Foundry Discussions