Conquer Club

Dreams

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Dreams

Postby AAFitz on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:52 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
AAFitz wrote:
InkL0sed wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
InkL0sed wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:"when I opened teh door the T-Rex eye from Jurassic Park was there so I went back to class"

A wise decision.

Speaking of decision-making, how many people in here can (somewhat) consciously make decisions during their dreams?

For example, can you alter the flow of your dream? Can you get out of your director's chair and say, "All right, all right! Enough of this silliness! Let's move on."

I've had the illusion of making decisions in my dreams, but I don't know they are real ones. I'm skeptical of other people who say they can do that.

While dreaming, are you of the position that the dreamer exerts no control over the dream and/or over his/her role in the dream?

I don't know enough to have a position. It might be possible, but I'm still skeptical of people who say they have consciously controlled their dream.

I can remember one dream in which I was aware that I was dreaming. I thought it was lucid (ie, that I had control), but when I woke up, I realized that what I had control over was utter nonsense. All I remember about it is that I had control over the number of syllables (and yes, that's supposed to be vague). I think it was a verbal dream – there were no visuals. I was immersed in another language at the time, and I was having quite a few purely verbal dreams.

Cracked has an article about this, and people who play lots of video games are even more able to do it, as they are used to managing fantasy actions. I absolutely know I can guide my dreams to some extent, and lately have been very close to conscious while having them, but definitely do not have absolute control either. Its a give and take relationship where I am willing it to go in one direction, and it kind of does, but will often throw a curve ball in at the same time. I suppose I could have been dreaming the conscious part, but given my memory of it, and the level of lucidity, I know I had some control for sure. I certainly do not question that some have trained themselves to exert quite a bit of control, though, I feel like that is a dangerous thing to do to some degree, because at some point, the two realities, have to become a little blurred.

It may distort your memory, but other than that you'll be fine! :D

Well, you saying it should alleviate anyone's fears.

In all seriousness though, I think its quite possible to imagine a scenario where someone acting out in their lucid dreams violently, might lead to actual violence, that may not have otherwise have happened.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:25 pm

x-raider wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:I can sometimes tell when I am dreaming, since I usually always have a specific article of clothing on or with me during my everyday life, but it doesn't seem to get translated to my dream self. So when I have noticed it was missing, I was vaguely aware that I was dreaming.
--Andy

Boom!
Inception...

I still need to see that movie sometime.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:27 pm

AAFitz wrote:In all seriousness though, I think its quite possible to imagine a scenario where someone acting out in their lucid dreams violently, might lead to actual violence, that may not have otherwise have happened.

Has anyone seen Mike Birbiglia's "Sleep Walk With Me" movie? I liked it. He has some condition that he acts out his dreams, sometimes with frightening outcomes.

--Andy

Postby AAFitz on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:31 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
AAFitz wrote:In all seriousness though, I think its quite possible to imagine a scenario where someone acting out in their lucid dreams violently, might lead to actual violence, that may not have otherwise have happened.

Has anyone seen Mike Birbiglia's "Sleep Walk With Me" movie? I liked it. He has some condition that he acts out his dreams, sometimes with frightening outcomes.

--Andy

Son of a bitch...now I have to throw away another one of my screen plays. #-o

Ill check it out.

Hey! We interacted. Add me to the list now please. :D
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:46 pm

I think you were probably on my list, I just forgot to list you, Fitzy. It is a pretty good movie, I'd recommend for a netflix rental.

--Andy

Postby 2dimes on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:31 am

Ok so I'm dreaming and there's a nice looking woman. So I know I'm dreaming and decide I should lucidly cause her to come over to me.

She disappears like a cheap special effects explosion from an 80s movie and I'm suddenly awake fully dressed. Next I dream I'm pissed off and have to post about it. This of course doesn't workout since I'm still dreaming.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby KoolBak on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:39 am

It's cool that you Canooks get that free codeine from the feds......
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant KoolBak

Postby 2dimes on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:59 am

Yeah but it tastes horrible with tequila.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby nietzsche on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:44 am

2dimes wrote:Ok so I'm dreaming and there's a nice looking woman. So I know I'm dreaming and decide I should lucidly cause her to come over to me.

She disappears like a cheap special effects explosion from an 80s movie and I'm suddenly awake fully dressed. Next I dream I'm pissed off and have to post about it. This of course doesn't workout since I'm still dreaming.

Cool, you finally learned lucid dreaming? Or to lucid dream? How should I ask that?
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby 2dimes on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:59 am

I think it would be, "So you finally learned how to dream lucidly?"

I was able to get that far before I read your stuff.

One thing I realized from this recent one is. I can do whatever I want. I just have no control over others. That's were things fail. For example, the woman exploded.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby nietzsche on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:11 am

2dimes wrote:I think it would be, "So you finally learned how to dream lucidly?"

I was able to get that far before I read your stuff.

One thing I realized from this recent one is. I can do whatever I want. I just have no control over others. That's were things fail. For example, the woman exploded.

You have, you just have to learn, it has to be done subtly though, so you don't stop dreaming. HAve you tried the looking-at-your-feet thing for when you are directing your dream so much that it starts to fade? If it starts to fade, just look down to your feet for a few seconds, then the dream is back solid.
General nietzsche

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:01 pm

What are your nightmares, if you have any?

I usually have one of two, both involving my teeth. Either they are rotting and break apart and start to just come out, like in It's Always Sunny when Mac and Charlie fake their deaths to get away from Mac's dad, or they get all... pulpy, for lack of a better word. Like when you've cooked kidney beans for too long and the only thing holding them together is the skin, but as soon as you touch it it's all mashed. Yeah, happens to my teeth in my dreams, I'll just have a mouthful of fibrous, squishy teeth.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby tzor on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:15 pm

One of the recurring features in my dreams revolves around the men's room. In one variety of dream the men's room is seamlessly integrated with either a barbershop or an arcade room. These dreams also tend to have the strangest urinals one can imagine. The other variety is that the large men's rooms are half filled with women.

In one dream the women were mostly concentrated around the stalls (this was like a stadium sized men's room). The men were at the urinals. After I left the urinal I turned around to see a lady had taken my spot and had pulled down her tights to just below her derriere. I stood there for a moment, admiring her ass wondering what the two men on either side of her was thinking at the time.
Cadet tzor

Postby 2dimes on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:30 pm

Is there a lot of quartet singing in these dreams?

I never thought of the look at your feet thing because I'm too busy failing to do something else.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:00 am

So I dreamed I was on a boat with my wife and kids. The kids were a little younger than they are now. We were sailing past the island of Alderney (which I've never seen) and it was all low-rise beachfront properties, Victorian or Edwardian in appearance. The kids asked the name of the place we were going past and I said "Alderney". Any significance was lost cos then I woke up.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby 2dimes on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:56 am

I had a series of night mares last night.

In oneI was shot. One I was slashed. I don't remember the other nasty things that happened. Might have been hit by a car in there. Blah.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby nietzsche on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:18 pm

I had a very vivid dream last night. There were lions, cheetahs, tigers and a couple of other big cats outside my bedroom window, in the backyard. I got up and was standing watching them, then something moved inside my bedroom, like another animal but smaller, and they wanted to come in. The lion and other 2 were now looking to my bedroom through the window, but I was calm because it has an iron protection (it's Mexico).

Then I got out of my room, went towards the backdoor to let panzas (my cat) because I was afraid they were going to kill him or something, although I had seen he was not afraid of them, he was a bit upset they were there only, but when I opened the door the cheetah got in, and went running in the hallway. I got a bit afraid but then realized she was not going to be aggressive and was able to get her out.

The dream was very vivid, I remember I was amazed at the colors of the animals and everything.
General nietzsche

Postby 2dimes on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:12 am

Lucid dreams last night. Went straight for the boob grab. DENIED!
Harshly physically prevented (obviously it wasn't actually physical even though I felt it in the dream) .

Every time I tried to touch a woman I was stopped. Woke up in the dream then intentionally went back to sleep so I could make another attempt.

So what was stopping me? Jimminy Cricket? In one attempt it was as if an arm was pushing the back of my head. I would have accused the wife but she had left for work.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby nietzsche on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:59 am

2dimes wrote:Lucid dreams last night. Went straight for the boob grab. DENIED!
Harshly physically prevented (obviously it wasn't actually physical even though I felt it in the dream) .

Every time I tried to touch a woman I was stopped. Woke up in the dream then intentionally went back to sleep so I could make another attempt.

So what was stopping me? Jimminy Cricket? In one attempt it was as if an arm was pushing the back of my head. I would have accused the wife but she had left for work.

hahahah keep going, eventually it becomes easier, one trick is to try not to be as excited because you´ll wake up. I was frenching yesterday with this girl I saw the other day, she didn't have huge boobs so the grabing wasn't as exciting as other times.

We are sick. I used to do a lot of things in vivid dreams, but now as soon as i realize I'm dreaming I go for the girls haha
General nietzsche

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:15 pm

nietzsche wrote:as soon as i realize I'm dreaming I go for the girls haha

This just in: nietzsche has hit puberty.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby krallam on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:54 pm

"I hate dreaming because i just wanna sleep. I'll be fast asleep, and next thing you know, I have to build a go-cart with my ex-landlord. I want to dream about watching myself sleep" - Mitch Hedberg
Corporal 1st Class krallam

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:17 pm

krallam wrote:"I hate dreaming because i just wanna sleep. I'll be fast asleep, and next thing you know, I have to build a go-cart with my ex-landlord. I want to dream about watching myself sleep" - Mitch Hedberg

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4054275#p4054275
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,