Asimov

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Isaac Asimov

Was a toilet-head
14%
Was not a toilet-head
29%
Was a positronic kitten
24%
Hates Will Smith from the afterlife for the insult that was the movie "I Robot".
33%

Total votes : 21

Asimov

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:23 pm

Who's with me?
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
Sergeant jonesthecurl

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Asimov

Postby GBU56 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:30 pm

Asimov was a writer of fantasy stories, not sure where you're going with this....got nothing better to do?

Try thinking before posting and you just might come off as entertaining and/or witty.
Sergeant 1st Class GBU56

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:57 pm

Wow. I didn't realize that. Is that who he was?

Say, was he the guy who wrote "I, Robot" which is refenced in the poll? Or invented the concept of "positroinic brains"? How could I have missed that?
Last edited by jonesthecurl on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
Sergeant jonesthecurl

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:57 pm

GBU56 wrote:Image
Asimov was a writer of fantasy stories, not sure where you're going with this....got nothing better to do?

Try thinking before posting and you just might come off as entertaining and/or witty.

Funniest Post of the Year (Inadvertent).
show
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Coordinator
Entertainment Coordinator

Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:32 pm

Maybe we can build a positronic Asimov ourselves, and if he ends up actually having a toilet for a head, all of our minds will rest in ease.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator

Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Postby x-raider on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:15 am

My favorite fantasy work of Asimov's is... oh, wait.
Corporal 1st Class x-raider

Location: Lost in the Complexities of the Undiscovered Universe
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:32 am

Seriously jones - why do you dislike him? I have never met someone who disliked the works or person of Isaac Asimov.
Sergeant thegreekdog

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby spurgistan on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:02 pm

thegreekdog wrote:Seriously jones - why do you dislike him? I have never met someone who disliked the works or person of Isaac Asimov.

I daresay jonesy might have had a touch of the whimsy when he made this thread.
Mr_Adams wrote:You, sir, are an idiot.

Timminz wrote:By that logic, you eat babies.
Corporal 1st Class spurgistan

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1)

Return to Babble-On Five