Conquer Club

Isn't Society Weird?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Isn't Society Weird?

Postby Maugena on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:22 am

thegreekdog wrote:As I trudged into the elevator on my way to the office today, I contemplated why I was expected to work Monday through Friday?

And then I contemplated why there were Mondays and Fridays in the first place? Who determined that a week should be seven days and why?

And then I thought about who determined that a day is 24 hours and why?

And just when I started thinking about why someone decided on the amount of minutes in an hour, I got to my floor?

Other than thoughts about my elevator being slow (or my mind being extremely, lightning fast thanks to my public education), do you guys think of stuff like this?

Why anything, TGD?
WHY.
ANYTHING.
Renewed yet infused with apathy.
Let's just have a good time, all right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjQii_BboIk
New Recruit Maugena

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:05 am

Maugena wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:As I trudged into the elevator on my way to the office today, I contemplated why I was expected to work Monday through Friday?

And then I contemplated why there were Mondays and Fridays in the first place? Who determined that a week should be seven days and why?

And just when I started thinking about why someone decided on the amount of minutes in an hour, I got to my floor?

Other than thoughts about my elevator being slow (or my mind being extremely, lightning fast thanks to my public education), do you guys think of stuff like this?

Why anything, TGD?
WHY.
ANYTHING.

Where did you get that picture of me?
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby notyou2 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:45 am

thegreekdog wrote:
Maugena wrote:

Why anything, TGD?
WHY.
ANYTHING.

Ralph Steadman
Captain notyou2

Postby GBU56 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:21 pm

This is all based on a woman's menestrual cycle.
Sergeant 1st Class GBU56

Postby Maugena on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:58 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Maugena wrote:

Why anything, TGD?
WHY.
ANYTHING.

That handsomely suave gent is you?
Oh...
Friendly tip -
You should probably close the blinds when you're in the bathroom.
Renewed yet infused with apathy.
Let's just have a good time, all right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjQii_BboIk
New Recruit Maugena

Postby Gillipig on Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:57 am

Dukasaur wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:I was hoping for a discussion of a revolution with respect to having to work five days in a row. I think that change would be too much work too though.

France has a four-day work week. Unfortunately, in most countries materialistic claptrap is valued more than quality of life, and so we slave away in order to clutter our lives with more pointless shit. C'est la vie.

Amen to that. People use their money to buy so much useless crap. Especially parents. I have the *cough* "privilege" of celebrating christmas every year with my older sister and her family. The things they buy their children..... So much expensive stuff, and their kids are not even grateful. They just rips open present after present. Parents seem to think they need to buy their kids new stuff all the time, oh he/she needs that new phone or Lacoste polo shirt, I say f*ck that! When they earn money of their own they can spend it on things they don't really need, but while they don't earn anything they shouldn't live in luxuary.
Showering your kids with stuff is not how you prepare them for adulthood.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby 2dimes on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:04 am

We attempt to teach our kids they should appreciate things and try to avoid showering them with extra things.

Enter grandma. "What excessive thing do you want for your birthday/Christmas/Martin Luther King jr. Day/any excuse...
Corporal 2dimes

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,