Conquer Club

Assassin speed games

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Assassin speed games

Postby Jrossd13 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:32 am

I recently played my first three or four assassin speed games with 5 other players clearly more experienced than myself. During one game I went through the territory of a player who was not my target. I did this to see more of the map because at that time I didn't see my target. This move elicited an angry remark from another player, "Do you even know how to play this type of game?" or something to that effect.
My purpose in this post is to find out if there are certain "no-nos" in this type of game. If I don't see my target to I just sit and stew without attacking and wait for my target to show himself? Is there a particular etiquette expected of me when playing this type of game?
If I am not behaving properly I need to know so I can change my play style. I would appreciate any information. Thank you in advance for any info.

My sincerest apologies if this had been covered elsewhere. If that is the case please direct me to that post.
Cook Jrossd13

Re: Assassin speed games

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:13 am

people get angry all the time at things they have no control over. I recently did over a game, and then i realized i was the only w=one standing in the way of my own happiness.
there are no-no's in every game. they vary from person to person. There is no all guiding rule. You do what you need to do to win(within the rules). There are many rules that groups of people feel apply to certain groups of games though.
freestyle assasin usually leaves you with little room to take other peoples targets without weakening your own position to win; in escalating standard you do not go 20-20 just for a card if you can also get it on a 1 spot. some of these are common sense 9with regards to trying to win the game) but realize this, if we all play by the same guidance, the person to anticipate this will play differently and therefor win... and thats what does count.

above all have fun, and if you do get such a rremark, try to get the wisdom behind it. maybe there is good advice in something, and above all, its your game, so you play it as you feel it must
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Jrossd13 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Indeed. The remarks are never an issue. It's the reason for the remarks....which is why I posted here. I understand. Thank you much
Cook Jrossd13

Postby Jippd on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:20 am

It depends on the map and the situation. Obviously as you say if you can't see your target you need to figure out a way to get to your target. And that may and will often require you going through a territory that may not be your target. You just need to make sure that you doing that does not make it easier for someone else to be killed causing you to lose. This is a tricky balance of getting to your target before someone else gets to theirs. This may or may not involve you attacking your target in some games.
Major Jippd

Postby betiko on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:14 am

if it's on a really small map like luxembourg, you'd rather only hit 1s that are not your target. you need to leave any player that is not your target as health as possible. don't even hit your assassin.
on larger maps, try not to kill isolated troops that are not your target and that will be a pain in the ass for it's assassin to go for.
you just need to keep in mind that blindly going after your target is stupid, you are probably giving the game to someone else, patience and timing is the key. you will make averybody lose and everybody pissed at you. It's very frustrating when someone totally noobs an assassin game and makes everybody lose. If you want to try for assassin, I'd suggest you to do it on larger maps not to piss people off. there is a community of assassin speed games players out there always playing on doodle earth and luxembourg, try to win a little experience before joining those and ruin games and get foed by all of them! ;)
Major betiko

Return to Conquer Club Discussion