Conquer Club

Scratch scratch

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Scratch scratch

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:04 am

Comcast has a service which attempts to give me a text version of any voicemails. Here's what it gave me at 5.30 this morning...

"Good morning this is Superintendent of schools Brian Osborne. Today February eighth. We'll be early dismissal due to forecast of blizzard conditions all schools will operate on their four hours a day schedule. Breakfast will be available as usual. However lunch will not be served or last the superintendent and they-have(?) squared up Brian Osborne. When-that's(?) a square that's gonna set up in Brownell. I just quit us(?) wanna see if sue-order(?) audio to the hospital order scratch scratch."
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Re: Scratch scratch

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:14 am

Sounds pretty serious. Better keep the kids home.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:27 am

It started innocent, but quickly turned malicious.

Scratch scratch.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby 2dimes on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:32 am

Comcast has crabs?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby krusher on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:34 am

*Scratch Scratch, raise middle finger*
Captain krusher

Re:

Postby krusher on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:35 am

2dimes wrote:Comcast has crabs?

nah but send that principle some shampoo. He obviously has lice, scratch scratch.
Captain krusher

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:16 pm

I've already sue-ordered some for him.

Postby PLAYER57832 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:17 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:Comcast has a service which attempts to give me a text version of any voicemails. Here's what it gave me at 5.30 this morning...

"Good morning this is Superintendent of schools Brian Osborne. Today February eighth. We'll be early dismissal due to forecast of blizzard conditions all schools will operate on their four hours a day schedule. Breakfast will be available as usual. However lunch will not be served or last the superintendent and they-have(?) squared up Brian Osborne. When-that's(?) a square that's gonna set up in Brownell. I just quit us(?) wanna see if sue-order(?) audio to the hospital order scratch scratch."

now, now .. don't you know that the free market will fix all that.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:22 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:Comcast has a service which attempts to give me a text version of any voicemails. Here's what it gave me at 5.30 this morning...

now, now .. don't you know that the free market will fix all that.

I think we need a law that requires Comcast voicemail-to-texts be made clearer.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:00 pm

I think they should improve the audio to the hospital order.

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:06 pm

[Ai_enthusiast] That's actually pretty impressive (assuming it's completely automated audio transcription). Consider the huge variation in pronunciation, accent, tone, etc. This is actually a really difficult machine learning problem. [/AI_enthusiast]

What I really don't understand though, is why these huge companies are deploying technologies that are still in their infancy. Remember the god-awful dictation software being shipped with certain computers a while back? They were basically unusable. What's the point of this? just to say "voice to text dictation" on the brochure, or what?
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:42 am

Haggis_McMutton wrote:[Ai_enthusiast] That's actually pretty impressive (assuming it's completely automated audio transcription). Consider the huge variation in pronunciation, accent, tone, etc. This is actually a really difficult machine learning problem. [/AI_enthusiast]

What I really don't understand though, is why these huge companies are deploying technologies that are still in their infancy. Remember the god-awful dictation software being shipped with certain computers a while back? They were basically unusable. What's the point of this? just to say "voice to text dictation" on the brochure, or what?

Sure, why not? I'm sure the internet will soon fill with lulz.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,