Conquer Club

Ready for snow?!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Ready for snow?!

Postby Gilligan on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:16 pm

18+ inches! Who's ready?!
Captain Gilligan

Postby 2dimes on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:40 pm

I guess. Right now our city is having minor flooding & freezing issues over the last snow fall.
Corporal 2dimes

Re: Ready for something else?!

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:27 pm

Gilligan wrote:18+ inches! Who's ready?!

Oh boy yea! I'm all puckered up.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: Ready for snow?!

Postby tzor on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:02 pm

If it wasn't for the snow I would probably be getting my car serviced. Now It's going to complain for another week.
Cadet tzor

Postby Lootifer on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:33 pm

25 degC/77 degF; sunny and awesome. Sup?
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Timminz on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:37 pm

Going skiing. Fuck yeah!
Captain Timminz

Postby notyou2 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:37 pm

BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!
Captain notyou2

Postby TeeGee on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:04 am

It was another warm one here today 41C/106F

Where's my snow????????????????????????
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby chang50 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:34 am

TeeGee wrote:It was another warm one here today 41C/106F

Where's my snow????????????????????????

Same here,keep your snow..
Captain chang50

Postby fadedpsychosis on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:04 am

it was alternating between snow and rain all last week here... ice at night and slush during the day, so much fun...
John Adams wrote:I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress! And by God I have had this Congress!
Private fadedpsychosis

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:21 am

Fuckin Snow Day! W00t!
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby tzor on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:36 pm

It is snowing on long island. There is also occasional lightning and thunder. It sounds like someone is firing off the avalanche cannons.
Cadet tzor

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:34 pm

I'm stuck at the world's most boring truck stop, in Carlisle, PA, because the trucking companies have decided that New York State is too high-risk to jeopardize their equipment. There's no way to get from Pennsylvania to Ontario without passing through New York, unfortunately.

Well, I suppose I could double the length of my journey and go all the way around through Michigan, but that would be ridiculous.

There's not even a good restaurant here, just a goddamn Denny's. Whoever designed the Denny's menu should have their kneecaps broken with an icepick; everything on it is disgusting garbage, totally deepfried to the point of 100% moisture loss, so that it's a bit like eating beef jerky without the beef. And the waitresses constantly fight, accusing each other of not doing their jobs while not doing their jobs. And I don't mean little snide remarks under their breath, I mean full-fledged explosions of "you lying tramp" loud enough for the whole place to hear. It's a bit like being a kid again and trying to focus on your breakfast while your parents fight.

The sign at the door says "Please wait to be seated". On the first day I dutifully waited for 15-minute increments. Today I got smart and learned to ignore the sign. I just walk in, grab a menu, and sit wherever I want. Then I randomly choose some inedible crap from the menu and flag down the nearest dysfunctional waitress and implore her to serve me. When she says, "that's not my table" I point out that I've been waiting 38 hours and can survive not much longer. Other than being a slight exaggeration, it's basically true.

Carlisle, PA. Can't beat it!

I can't get any real weather reports from Williamsport, Corning, Rochester, or anything else along my way home. I google "Williamsport weather report" and I get Philly. I don't give a f*ck about Philly. It's two valleys over from Williamsport and not even part of the same climactic region. I want to know about the mountain roads between Williamsport and Corning, and between Corning and Rochester. After Rochester I'm home free; the NY Thruway gets priority plowing and from the Canadian border I can basically walk home. But nobody anywhere seems to be able to tell me what the I-390 looks like, or the dangerous sections on the north end of US 15.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby _sabotage_ on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:40 pm

Go through Michigan.
Captain _sabotage_

Postby notyou2 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:47 pm

Good luck Duke.
Captain notyou2

Postby nietzsche on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:04 am

LMAO, snow.

Fucking snow wouldn't do us anything in Mexico. Pussies.

It would melt right away, 25C here.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Borderdawg on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:35 am

mid 80's and sunshine this weekend. I'm headed to the beach. :D
Asst. Gatekeeper, XI Games.
Corporal Borderdawg

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:18 am

Dukasaur wrote:I'm stuck at the world's most boring truck stop, in Carlisle, PA, because the trucking companies have decided that New York State is too high-risk to jeopardize their equipment. There's no way to get from Pennsylvania to Ontario without passing through New York, unfortunately.

Well, I suppose I could double the length of my journey and go all the way around through Michigan, but that would be ridiculous.

There's not even a good restaurant here, just a goddamn Denny's. Whoever designed the Denny's menu should have their kneecaps broken with an icepick; everything on it is disgusting garbage, totally deepfried to the point of 100% moisture loss, so that it's a bit like eating beef jerky without the beef. And the waitresses constantly fight, accusing each other of not doing their jobs while not doing their jobs. And I don't mean little snide remarks under their breath, I mean full-fledged explosions of "you lying tramp" loud enough for the whole place to hear. It's a bit like being a kid again and trying to focus on your breakfast while your parents fight.

The sign at the door says "Please wait to be seated". On the first day I dutifully waited for 15-minute increments. Today I got smart and learned to ignore the sign. I just walk in, grab a menu, and sit wherever I want. Then I randomly choose some inedible crap from the menu and flag down the nearest dysfunctional waitress and implore her to serve me. When she says, "that's not my table" I point out that I've been waiting 38 hours and can survive not much longer. Other than being a slight exaggeration, it's basically true.

I can't get any real weather reports from Williamsport, Corning, Rochester, or anything else along my way home. I google "Williamsport weather report" and I get Philly. I don't give a f*ck about Philly. It's two valleys over from Williamsport and not even part of the same climactic region. I want to know about the mountain roads between Williamsport and Corning, and between Corning and Rochester. After Rochester I'm home free; the NY Thruway gets priority plowing and from the Canadian border I can basically walk home. But nobody anywhere seems to be able to tell me what the I-390 looks like, or the dangerous sections on the north end of US 15.

Here. This will keep you company:

Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Gilligan on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:36 pm

There's a lot of damn snow here.
Captain Gilligan

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:53 pm

mid 50's, lots of sun. Good riding weekend.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:13 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:I'm stuck at the world's most boring truck stop, in Carlisle, PA, because the trucking companies have decided that New York State is too high-risk to jeopardize their equipment. There's no way to get from Pennsylvania to Ontario without passing through New York, unfortunately.

Here. This will keep you company:

I've made it home now, but thank you very much....:)

US-15 had some slightly bad spots, but the I-390 and the Thruway were clean as an unused condom.

Along the way I was thinking of more nasty things I could say about Denny's, but when I got home my wife had a wonderful dinner waiting and all negative thoughts have vanished from my mind. It's amazing how a good home-cooked meal can make you completely forget about some terrible restaurant crap.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby 2dimes on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:33 pm

Good to read you're safe at home duk.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:48 am

Jeeez. I thought the British Carlisle was a bloody dull place. It's a bit like Chelmsford, Massachusetts. It's only merit is that it makes the English Chelmsford look interesting in comparison.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby Timminz on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:23 am

We got a couple feet of snow so far, and it's still coming down. Our car is buried, and the driveway is totally covered, with no sign of a plow. We're not going anywhere today.

Good thing the ski hill is open, and we're within walking distance.
Captain Timminz

Postby nietzsche on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:19 pm

How often do you guys shower when it's very cold like these days?
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,