Conquer Club

Weird Drink Mixtures

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Weird Drink Mixtures

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:49 am

I'm interested in hearing the many concoctions out there that CC'ers have tried or maybe even gotten hooked on so that I can try them out myself. Alchoholic, non-alchoholic, doesn't matter just as long as it's unusual. In other words, vodka/orange juice doesn't really qualify.

Some I've personally tried in the past:

Fountain soda mixes- Orange/Sprite (not bad), Mix of all (kind of loses all flavors, it's ok, fruity)

Coca-Cola/Milk- Not recommended.

Wine/Water- I read somewhere that the ancient Greeks and Romans used to drink their wine watered down to sometimes half-strength so I got a bottle and tried it. I thought it was really very good(50-75% water I found the best).
Colonel Funkyterrance

Re: Weird Drink Mixtures

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:34 am

poop and pee

funkyterrance and funny
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:38 am

Army of GOD wrote:poop and pee

Did you go over to timminz's house for cocktails or something?
Well, at least tell us how it was?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:10 am

From what I remember, the wine of Classical Antiquity was much more concentrated than today's, hence the mixing it with water.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:15 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:From what I remember, the wine of Classical Antiquity was much more concentrated than today's, hence the mixing it with water.

Also drinking water wasn't very healthy in Classical Antiquity... hence the mixing water with wine.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Pedronicus on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:35 am

Tennents Super and galloways cough syrup
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby AAFitz on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:50 am

Cement mixer.

I forget the contents...gin and baileys or something...mixed together right before shooting it back. It curtles to the exact consistency of puke in your mouth...

followed immediately by the real thing.

The best drink however, hands down is the Dr. Pepper.

My way:

Beer with a spash of Coke in a Glass.

*Vodka with a topping of 151 Rum in a shot glass.

light the 151 on fire, drop it into the glass of beer, and shoot it back. Before you pass out, you will taste Dr. Pepper.

*Actually could be something different there...for some reason, my memory of what goes in to it....fades after they go into me.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby Fruitcake on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:12 am

Many (many) years ago I was a cocktail barman at a large 5 star Hotel in London. Most probably before many of the readers of this were born.

Whilst there I was asked by the hotel manager to see if I could concoct some interesting drinks, so here goes with one I created:

It was quite a hit with the ladies.

Ingredients
Equal measures of Vodka and any clear orange Liqueur, but not any amber coloured. I used Cointreau.
Lump of sugar (preferably square)
Also require small fork (warmed) and a way to light the drink.
Schooner glass (warmed)

Take the warm Schooner glass and mix the above spirits. At the table (if serving in a Restaurant) or on the bar if serving there, place lump of sugar on the fork. Light the drink and place fork directly over the glass (in effect resting on it).

The effect (especially in a soft lit bar) does attract the eye. The blue flame licks up through the fork and caramelises the sugar. This then (as a brown molten liquid) drops into the alcohol below causing it to turn amber in colour while the effect of the heat of the sugar is to cause a crackling noise as it drops into said liquid, with caramelised crunchy sugar descending through the drink before resting at the bottom. Initially, as the sugar descends it leaves a trail of amber streaks in the clear liquid.

Finally, place a mat over the drink to stop the flames and place in front of guest for drinking.

The key is always to have warmed glass and fork. if they are cold it can go wrong as the energy (heat) from the flames is expended, to a great extent, warming the fork first.

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off
Colonel Fruitcake

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:18 am

I often drink Manhattans, which in Canada turns heads.

I like to add bitters to things which are normally sweet, like Frangelico.

Also, because Vermouth doesn't last long when you open a bottle, after my Whiskey is gone, I add Vermouth to everything so I can finish a bottle in a week.

AAFitz mentioned it, but beer and coke is nice.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby 2dimes on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:27 am

How did this go away from wierd, Like Mountain Dew and Single Malt,

To just interesting and un common like Sanzarac?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby KoolBak on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:55 am

Beer with coke....gotta try that one Fitzy......

Hard up years ago night skiing....all we had was Dr. Pepper, Kahlua and Amaretto....mixed those in the bota...called it Dr. Kaletto....served the purpose :lol:

Used to buy that crap fad cola JOLT and mix it with whatever...typically rum......super sweet, super caffinated....guess its wwhat young people like about the red bull / energy drink mixed drinks....lol

*pukes a lil thinking about it now*

Popular soft drink combo here is Black Gold....half coke, half Dr. Pepper...we like that one....
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant KoolBak

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:45 pm

I remember trying a "Meat and Potatoes" shot. One shot of potato vodka with a pepporoni slice in it.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:22 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:From what I remember, the wine of Classical Antiquity was much more concentrated than today's, hence the mixing it with water.

Also drinking water wasn't very healthy in Classical Antiquity... hence the mixing water with wine.

What I read was that yeah, water was found to get you sick less if you mixed it with wine but also that people tended to drink wine with just about everything as well as to quench thirst so if everyone drank straight wine in the quantities they did they would be smashed all the livelong day.

BBS, I've never heard that before but I suppose it could be true. I'll have to look it up.

AAFitz wrote:Cement mixer.

I forget the contents...gin and baileys or something...mixed together right before shooting it back. It curtles to the exact consistency of puke in your mouth...

followed immediately by the real thing.

The best drink however, hands down is the Dr. Pepper.

My way:

Beer with a spash of Coke in a Glass.

*Vodka with a topping of 151 Rum in a shot glass.

light the 151 on fire, drop it into the glass of beer, and shoot it back. Before you pass out, you will taste Dr. Pepper.

*Actually could be something different there...for some reason, my memory of what goes in to it....fades after they go into me.

Lol, this post reads like that of a chemist(a drunk one?). As far as the curdled mixtures yeah I'm not surprised at the reaction.
Last edited by Funkyterrance on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby b.k. barunt on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:26 pm

Ok call me a social deviant (join the crowd), but i like to soak a fat bud of pot in a double shot of Cuervo for about 30 minutes or so before chugging it down. Huzzah!

Honibaz
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:29 pm

b.k. barunt wrote:Ok call me a social deviant (join the crowd), but i like to soak a fat bud of pot in a double shot of Cuervo for about 30 minutes or so before chugging it down. Huzzah!

Honibaz

That works in that short amount of time eh? I've heard of people making tinctures or whatever by soaking weed in alcohol for weeks/months, etc. but never such a quick fix. What do you do with the soggy buds afterwards?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby KoolBak on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:32 pm

He leaves it in the shot glass, of course! That's how 'ol BK rolls :D

AND:
Sergeant KoolBak

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:40 pm

I discovered Creme de Menthe and club soda long time ago.

Tastes like Scope.

The most refreshing thing on the planet.

Anisette and club soda is not bad either.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Lootifer on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:37 pm

Southern Comfort and Orange Juice (proper orange juice, not fake shit)
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby KoolBak on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:10 pm

Southern Comfort and cranberry juice...mmmmmm

AND:
Sergeant KoolBak

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:13 pm

Lootifer wrote:Southern Comfort and Orange Juice (proper orange juice, not fake shit)

You mean sunny-D is out? ;)

We used to mix Southern Comfort with mountain dew and I found it pretty excellent. This may be a pretty popular mix though, I'm not sure.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby b.k. barunt on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:01 am

KoolBak wrote:He leaves it in the shot glass, of course! That's how 'ol BK rolls :D

Surely you jest. I'm not that altruistic. Although i always strive to be a friend with weed = a friend indeed and what's my buds is my bud's buds, i draw the line at leaving random samples of primo pot just lying around in shot glasses. What do i do with the leavings? I dry it out and smoke it. And yes, it only takes about 30 minutes for a goodly bud to impart its essence more or less thoroughly into a double shot of Cuervo. Try it you'll like it. Mikey likes it.

Honibaz
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby AAFitz on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:18 am

KoolBak wrote:Beer with coke....gotta try that one Fitzy......

Hard up years ago night skiing....all we had was Dr. Pepper, Kahlua and Amaretto....mixed those in the bota...called it Dr. Kaletto....served the purpose :lol:

Used to buy that crap fad cola JOLT and mix it with whatever...typically rum......super sweet, super caffinated....guess its wwhat young people like about the red bull / energy drink mixed drinks....lol

*pukes a lil thinking about it now*

Popular soft drink combo here is Black Gold....half coke, half Dr. Pepper...we like that one....

Also try tobasco sauce in beer....though do not overdo that. Trust me.

I also enjoyed caffiene, but stuck to normal concentrations for the most part, and never dared try the new energy ones. Now I regulate even my coffee, with 50/50 being the most potent that I would try, except for may the occasional (3/year) or accidental(stupid waitstaff) full caff.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:31 am

I never understood the mixture of vodka and Red Bull. The first and only time I tried it, I almost vomitted from over sweetness.

I greatly enjoy any kind of car bomb.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby 2dimes on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:19 am

ITT greek terrorist exposed. Nice work everyone.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:33 pm

thegreekdog wrote:I never understood the mixture of vodka and Red Bull. The first and only time I tried it, I almost vomitted from over sweetness.

I greatly enjoy any kind of car bomb.

Yea, IED's are the best. I much prefer the homegrown variety to that shit they are cooking up over in the Middle East though.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,