Conquer Club

Issue with BOB 5.2.3 in Firefox

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Issue with BOB 5.2.3 in Firefox

Postby riskibiz on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:44 pm

Sergeant 1st Class riskibiz

Postby KingofExonia on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:50 pm

Downloaded the new BOB 5.2.4 (away from a game page) and now works like a charm!

All set here.
Corporal 1st Class KingofExonia

Postby riskibiz on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:13 pm

Update Available is flashing again. But i see no point in trying the same thing again, so i figure maybe someone has a new idea?

Postby Lokinet on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:49 pm

riskibiz wrote:Update Available is flashing again. But i see no point in trying the same thing again, so i figure maybe someone has a new idea?

I just clicked on the link on the BOB menu where it says update available, then I got a pop-up window,that offered to install the script. Your link does the same for me, it opens a pop-up window, and on the lower left there is an install button. Can you post a screen shot riskibiz?
"That, Just Happened! SHAKE 'N' BAKE!"
Captain Lokinet

Postby riskibiz on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:02 pm

OK, I also just clicked on the link on the BOB menu where it says update available, then I got a page in plain white background at that link that shows this (i don't know how to get a screen shot so i've just shown here a tiny fraction):

// Conquer Club - Card Counter, Card Redemption Value, Status Indicator
var versionString = "5.2.4";
// This monkey is now called:

///// //// /////
// // // // // //
///// // // /////
// // // // // //
///// //// /////

// PLEASE READ ALL THE COMMENTS AT THE START OF THIS FILE BEFORE EDITING

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Installation
// This is a Greasemonkey user script.

// To use, first install Greasemonkey: http://greasemonkey.mozdev.org/
// Then restart Firefox and revisit this script.
// Under Tools, there will be a new menu item to "Install User Script".
// Accept the default configuration and install.

// To uninstall, go to Tools/Manage User Scripts, select "Conquer Club - BOB", and click Uninstall.

// Meta Data - required for Greasemonkey

This sort of stuff goes on forever, and there is definately no install button in the lower left.

Postby Lokinet on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:33 pm

I found where you went. On my computer if I click a button that says "Show Script Source" I see what you have typed out. I also see just under the address bar an option to install the script. I am curious what is your OS? And do you have your pop-up blocker on?
Captain Lokinet

Postby riskibiz on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:56 pm

I see nothing just under the address bar on that page. Just goes straight into that script.
Not sure what OS is?
And not sure how to check if I have a pop-up blocker on?

Postby paulk on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:02 am

I got BOB back, but my clickable maps are gone. It is really f-ing up my games... :(
Major paulk

Postby Lokinet on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:41 am

riskibiz wrote:I see nothing just under the address bar on that page. Just goes straight into that script.
Not sure what OS is?
And not sure how to check if I have a pop-up blocker on?

OS=Operating System, for example I am running Windows 7.
To get to your pop-up blocker click on the firefox tab top left of the browser, find and rollover where it says "options" then click on the menu item called "options". This will open a window click on the icon with the word "Content" in it. The first check box should say block pop-ups if it has a check mark, un-check the box then refresh your cc page, and try the link.
Captain Lokinet

Postby paulk on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:04 pm

please fix the clickable maps.
Major paulk

Postby sherkaner on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:49 pm

paulk wrote:please fix the clickable maps.

done.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby riskibiz on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:11 pm

OK, my OS is Windows 7.
And i did as asked, un-checked the first check box block pop-ups and refreshed cc (closed FF completely and reopened too), and tried the link.
And unfortunately same result!
Any other suggestions anyone?

Postby riskibiz on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:12 pm

OK guys, I know you all have busy lives, but I respectfully ask anyone who could help to please lend me some assistance, as no one has come up with a solution as yet.

To summarise:

I have an issue where my BOB menu and related features are not appearing when I am in a game page (just get "BOB initializing" at the bottom of the page when in the game screens). However, if I am in any other page on CC (forum, my games, etc.), the BOB menu shows up where it should.

Periodically, BOB 5.2.4 keeps getting offered to me as "update available". When I click on it, it takes me straight to some long script, but no download or install button in site. This is the page it takes me to: http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/52341.user.js.

So I go back and the flashing is gone, I’m still on 5.2.3 and nothing's changed. How do I download the 5.2.4?

Punching my keyboard's f5 key to update while on this page, while in a game, and with that script showing, and nothing has changed - no BOB menu in the games and the BOB out of games still shows 5.2.3. And the flashing notification is off (for a while).

I’ve tried logging off, closing down FF, rebooting, praying, etc... and I keep getting that script instead of a download button

hide menu = off and auto BOB = on
Browser: FF 18.0.1
Greasemonkey: 1.7.1
pop-up blocker on

I appreciate those that have responded in some way so far (General Brewsie, ender516, spiesr, Lokinet) but nothing has been resolved.

Postby riskibiz on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:48 pm

Cmon everyone, your lives can't be THAT busy!

Still out of luck here and needing your help!

I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling Greasemonkey and still no luck.

Where are all you smart good citizens of CC willing to help out?

Postby sherkaner on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:22 am

I''m not that busy, just that inactive. And I don't think there are that many users that check this forum regularly, sorry.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby steve066 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:29 am

checking and hoping for bob clicky return
Major steve066

Postby ender516 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:06 pm

Okay, riskibiz, I have another idea.
  1. Click on this link http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/52341.user.js. If you get the Install dialog, wait the three seconds, then click the Install button and you're done. But this is where you said you had the problem, so...
  2. When you get just a listing of the script in a tab or window, leave it there. Click on the Greasemonkey menu button and select Manage User Scripts...
  3. You should get the Add-ons Manager with the User Scripts tab selected. Click on the Options button for Conquer Club - BOB. (There may be a version number there as well.)
  4. The Greasemonkey User Script Preferences dialog box should open up. At the bottom is a button entitled "Edit this User Script". Click it.
  5. At this point, your system may ask you what editor you want to use. If you don't have a preference, choose Notepad or Wordpad -- they are simple and will get the job done.
  6. When your editor opens, you should see something that looks a lot like the listing back in, except it is likely labelled with an earlier version number. Delete ALL of the text in that window. (In Notepad or Wordpad, Ctrl-A should select all the text, and Delete should clear it all out.) Don't save yet.
  7. Go back to the tab or window with the listing from step 2. Select all the text and copy it (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C). If you have difficulty selecting it all at once, try typing Ctrl-U, which should open a window with the page source, which in this case should be the script text. This window is very much like a Notepad window, and you should be able to select all and copy.
  8. Go to the editor window from step 6 and paste (Ctrl-V). Now all the new code should be in place. Save (Ctrl-S), and exit the editor (Alt-F4 or File/Exit). The new version of BOB should be in place. Refresh a Conquer Club page, and you should be good to go.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby riskibiz on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:47 pm

thank you for your reply ender (and previously sherkaner).

Following your instructions, of course doing step 1 did not work again.

However, i unfortuantely cannot do step 3 because late last week, following someone else's instruction, i removed BOB to try to reinstall so now don't have BOB anywhere on my CC screens, nor on the Add-ons Manager page.

I really appreciate the help.

Postby ender516 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:12 pm

riskibiz wrote:thank you for your reply ender (and previously sherkaner).

Following your instructions, of course doing step 1 did not work again.

However, i unfortuantely cannot do step 3 because late last week, following someone else's instruction, i removed BOB to try to reinstall so now don't have BOB anywhere on my CC screens, nor on the Add-ons Manager page.

I really appreciate the help.

Okay let's try this:
  1. Get the window with the listing of the script open by clicking the link. Select all the text and copy it to the clipboard. (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C).
  2. Click on the Greasemonkey menu button and select New User Script...
  3. Click on the "Use Script From Clipboard" button. At this point, I hope you will see a notification that "Conquer Club - BOB" has been successfully loaded. You may also get an editor window opened with the BOB source in it. Close this without editing or saving.

Postby riskibiz on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:20 pm

YOU DID IT ENDER!!!!

I can't believe it was so easy. 3 simple steps.

FYI, after clicking on the "Use Script From Clipboard" button, I didn't see any notification that "Conquer Club - BOB" has been successfully loaded, nor any editor window with the BOB source in it. So I initially thought this didn't work either.

But I scrolled up and simply found BOB in the menu again, and in the games as well.

Thank you very much ender.

Postby ender516 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:48 pm

riskibiz wrote:YOU DID IT ENDER!!!!

I can't believe it was so easy. 3 simple steps.

FYI, after clicking on the "Use Script From Clipboard" button, I didn't see any notification that "Conquer Club - BOB" has been successfully loaded, nor any editor window with the BOB source in it. So I initially thought this didn't work either.

But I scrolled up and simply found BOB in the menu again, and in the games as well.

Thank you very much ender.

Good to hear. We can hope that your next update will go more smoothly.

Postby ender516 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:48 am

A new issue posted here by Tiberius Maximus was completely unrelated, so I have split it off into a new topic here: viewtopic.php?f=528&t=187455#p4094391

Previous

Return to Tool Archives