Conquer Club

"Last Common Ancestor of Bats, Whales, Sloths & Humans"

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

"Last Common Ancestor of Bats, Whales, Sloths & Humans"

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:25 pm

Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Re: "Last Common Ancestor of Bats, Whales, Sloths & Humans"

Postby Neoteny on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:54 pm

Mutant batwhaleslothman?
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby Army of GOD on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:17 pm

dude, my brother is a bat
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

"IRe: "Last Common Ancestor of Bats, Whales, Sloths & Humans

Postby premio53 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:44 pm

I myself am convinced that the theory of evolution, especially the extent to which it has been applied, will be one of the great jokes in the history books of the future. Posterity will marvel that so flimsy and so dubious an hypothesis could be accepted with the incredible credulity that it has." Malcolm Muggeridge, British journalist and philosopher
Lieutenant premio53

Re: "IRe: "Last Common Ancestor of Bats, Whales, Sloths & Hu

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:05 pm

premio53 wrote:I myself am convinced that the theory of evolution, especially the extent to which it has been applied, will be one of the great jokes in the history books of the future. Posterity will marvel that so flimsy and so dubious an hypothesis could be accepted with the incredible credulity that it has." Malcolm Muggeridge, British journalist and philosopher

Your interesting and compelling arguments in the field of evolutionary biology and deep understanding of molecular biology/organic chemistry/ genetics have convinced that evolution just isn't possible. Thanks! Great job!

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby betiko on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:40 pm

Army of GOD wrote:dude, my brother is a bat

and you're the sloth?
Major betiko

Postby chang50 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:06 pm

premio53 wrote:I myself am convinced that the theory of evolution, especially the extent to which it has been applied, will be one of the great jokes in the history books of the future. Posterity will marvel that so flimsy and so dubious an hypothesis could be accepted with the incredible credulity that it has." Malcolm Muggeridge, British journalist and philosopher

This is the same second rate hack Muggeridge that was taken in by the Mother Theresa myth and who made a fool of himself on British tv debating the Life Of Brian with the Pythons.Philosopher my backside...
Captain chang50

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:22 pm

chang50 wrote:

This is the same second rate hack Muggeridge that was taken in by the Mother Theresa myth and who made a fool of himself on British tv debating the Life Of Brian with the Pythons.Philosopher my backside...

Taken in by the Mother Theresa myth? Hell, he practically invented it! A fraud of massive proportion.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby premio53 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:39 pm

chang50 wrote:

While we're quoting people to support and tear down the fairy tale of spontaneous generation let's see quote some men that I'm sure have more intelligence than you do.

The "father of evolution" (Charles Darwin) said, "To suppose that the eye, with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting to focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree."

"Most modern biologists, having reviewed with satisfaction the downfall of the spontaneous generation hypothesis, yet unwilling to accept the alternative belief in special creation, are left with nothing." (Dr. George Wald, evolutionist, Professor Emeritus of Biology at the University at Harvard, Nobel Prize winner in Biology.)

"Evolution [is] a theory universally accepted not because it can be proven by logically coherent evidence to be true, but because the only alternative, special creation, is clearly incredible." (Professor D.M.S. Watson, leading biologist and science writer of his day.)

"My attempts to demonstrate evolution by an experiment carried on for more than 40 years have completely failed.....It is not even possible to make a caricature of an evolution out of paleobiological facts...The idea of an evolution rests on pure belief." (Dr. Nils Heribert-Nilsson, noted Swedish botanist and geneticist, of Lund University)

"Scientists who go about teaching that evolution is a fact of life are great con-men, and the story they are telling may be the greatest hoax ever! In explaining evolution we do not have one iota of fact." (Dr. Newton Tahmisian, Atomic Energy Commission.)

"Evolution is unproved and improvable, we believe it because the only alternative is special creation, which is unthinkable." (Sir Arthur Keith, a militant anti-Christian physical anthropologist)

"Life doesn't spontaneously generate from dead matter." A fact that that any child in primary school knows.
Last edited by premio53 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant premio53

Postby jonesthecurl on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:47 pm

Muggeridge was a toilet-head.

his spiritual beliefs began to become more significant in his professional career. He became a figure of some ridicule and satire as he took to frequently denouncing the new sexual laxity of the swinging sixties on radio and television. He particularly railed against "Pills and Pot" – birth control pills and cannabis. He was contemptuous of fellow countrymen the Beatles. In a 1968 article in Esquire magazine, he called them "four vacant youths... dummy figures with tousled heads (and) no talent."
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby / on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:24 am

premio53 wrote:"Life doesn't spontaneously generate from dead matter." A fact that that any child in primary school knows.

They got rid of the Aristotle textbooks?!?
:x
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:33 am

premio53 wrote:"Life doesn't spontaneously generate from dead matter." A fact that that any child in primary school knows.

Just as they know that Santa is real.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby chang50 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:02 am

premio53 wrote:
chang50 wrote:

While we're quoting people to support and tear down the fairy tale of spontaneous generation let's see quote some men that I'm sure have more intelligence than you do.

The "father of evolution" (Charles Darwin) said, "To suppose that the eye, with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting to focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree."

"Most modern biologists, having reviewed with satisfaction the downfall of the spontaneous generation hypothesis, yet unwilling to accept the alternative belief in special creation, are left with nothing." (Dr. George Wald, evolutionist, Professor Emeritus of Biology at the University at Harvard, Nobel Prize winner in Biology.)

"Evolution [is] a theory universally accepted not because it can be proven by logically coherent evidence to be true, but because the only alternative, special creation, is clearly incredible." (Professor D.M.S. Watson, leading biologist and science writer of his day.)

"My attempts to demonstrate evolution by an experiment carried on for more than 40 years have completely failed.....It is not even possible to make a caricature of an evolution out of paleobiological facts...The idea of an evolution rests on pure belief." (Dr. Nils Heribert-Nilsson, noted Swedish botanist and geneticist, of Lund University)

"Scientists who go about teaching that evolution is a fact of life are great con-men, and the story they are telling may be the greatest hoax ever! In explaining evolution we do not have one iota of fact." (Dr. Newton Tahmisian, Atomic Energy Commission.)

"Evolution is unproved and improvable, we believe it because the only alternative is special creation, which is unthinkable." (Sir Arthur Keith, a militant anti-Christian physical anthropologist)

"Life doesn't spontaneously generate from dead matter." A fact that that any child in primary school knows.

So science does not fully understand abiogenesis or evolution,which are seperate subjects btw,so what?Make stuff up?
Captain chang50

Postby betiko on Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:24 am

jonesthecurl wrote:

or that boys come from cabbage, girls come from roses, and are brought to their parents by stork birds. At least that's how you explain it to little kids in france, when comes the embarassing question "how do we make babies"
Major betiko

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:47 am

premio53 wrote:
chang50 wrote:

LOL... except, spontaneous generation has almost nothing to do with evolution.

In fact, what you argue.. that God put everything here essentially "as is" is the one defeated by the spontaneous generation arguments to which you refer.

Just one of the many reasons why you face repeated criticism and ridicule.

Debating evolution begins with actually debating evolution.. not some cokamamie theories someone has told you represent evolution.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:59 am

betiko wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:

or that boys come from cabbage, girls come from roses, and are brought to their parents by stork birds. At least that's how you explain it to little kids in france, when comes the embarassing question "how do we make babies"

Don't tell me that children AREN'T BORN OUT OF CABBAGE PATCHES. DON'T DO IT. I CAN'T TAKE IT.

WHAT IS THERE LEFT TO BELIEVE IN THE WORLD.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:53 pm

betiko wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:

The Frenchman is very poetic.

In Saxony we tell the kinder that girls are chiseled out of rock in the Lugau-Oelsnitz coal mines while the boys are forged out of steel at the Raschau iron works. A She-Troll from the forest carries the kinder to the parents. When the She-Troll arrives with the kinder it is slain by the villagers and her body parts hammered into schnitzel and served as a feast while the fluids of the She-Troll is drained and the child nursed on troll blood and marrow (helps avoid embarrassing conversation about breasts).
Last edited by saxitoxin on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby premio53 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:59 pm

I've always heard that if you are superstitious your ears will turn into cabbage but I don't believe it because I don't want to take that chance.
Lieutenant premio53

Postby Lootifer on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:07 pm

So just going to gloss over the fact that evolution has little or nothing to do with spontaneous [life] generation?
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Pedronicus on Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:43 pm

premio53 wrote:I've always heard that if you are superstitious your ears will turn into cabbage

Those boxing chaps are a really superstitious bunch I tell ya!
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,