Conquer Club

Sports Fans

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Sports Fans

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:57 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Then I jerk off and fall asleep.

Aww.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Lootifer on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:16 pm

Also regarding jock-straps. Who wears those things? No sport in the southern hemisphere uses them...
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:22 pm

Lootifer wrote:Also regarding jock-straps. Who wears those things? No sport in the southern hemisphere uses them...

I had to wear one for baseball and soccer. Football I think I was supposed to but I never did.
One of my baseball coaches would do this thing where he would make us all line up before a game and go down the line and tap our "areas" with a bat as he walked by. This taught you pretty quickly to always remember that particular piece of equipment.
I never wore one for track but I guess long distance runners tend to wear them too. I guess this explains why they used to call me "wan hung lo".
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Lootifer on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:03 pm

Are they protective or just underwear?
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:29 pm

Lootifer wrote:Are they protective or just underwear?

Lol, the ones I had to wear were protective but the cup is removable so I guess you could use it for just support too. The ones runners use don't have a cup but theyre like full of elastic to keep your boys nice and snug.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby b.k. barunt on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:12 am

What is a jock strap for? Niggapleeze! Ask Muythaiguy - and he has a plastic cup in the one he uses. Ever read the Bible? What do you think they mean when they talk about "girding up your loins" before going into battle? What bodily part would you want tucked up and outasight? No you don't need them for track and field, although it is more comfortable that way unless you want to be a swinging Richard in the most literal sense of the word. . .
Niggapleeze!

Honibaz
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby b.k. barunt on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:31 am

Lootifer wrote:
b.k. barunt wrote:I admire physical excellence and training, but that doesn't mean i'm going to give a couple hours a week or more getting vicarious thrills from someone else's achievements.

]Cool, why scorn others for having a different attitude though?

Because i'm using this thread to vent my frustrations on people (like many friends and family members of mine) who prefer to immerse themselves in mindless vicarious thrills when i'd like to hang out and do something with them. Jock sniffing is boring. Jock sniffers bore the shit outa me. I scorn boredom. My idea of hell is a fooking line waiting to get into hell. Capiche?

I think BBS hit it with the religion thing.

Lootifer wrote: I assumed the religion thing was a joke. There is nothing similar between a philosophical belief and loyalty to/admiration of a sports person or team.

Evidently you missed my reference to mob mentality.

Jock sniffing is about as good an example of mob mentality as you're going to get. Avid jock sniffers feed off of each other's energy, which is why they'd much rather watch a live game even though the visual is actually better at home on the TV. Jock sniffers get minimal pleasure from their sniffing if they have to do it alone. Super Bowl party anyone?

Lootifer wrote:Good one. As an agnostic, would it be even remotely rational for me to try and explain why christians go to church? (without first researching or prior knowledge of course).

No, if you tried to explain why Christians go to church without first researching and giving serious thought to such, i wouldn't pay much attention to your opinion. For a person to profess themself to be a Christian and go to church on a regular basis (this unfortunately would seem to be the norm) without first researching and giving serious thought to the matter would make them strangely akin to a jock sniffer. Go figure.

Honibaz
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby muy_thaiguy on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:20 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
Lootifer wrote:Also regarding jock-straps. Who wears those things? No sport in the southern hemisphere uses them...

I had to wear one for baseball and soccer. Football I think I was supposed to but I never did.
One of my baseball coaches would do this thing where he would make us all line up before a game and go down the line and tap our "areas" with a bat as he walked by. This taught you pretty quickly to always remember that particular piece of equipment.
I never wore one for track but I guess long distance runners tend to wear them too. I guess this explains why they used to call me "wan hung lo".

Martial arts though, the protective kind are there for a reason. Trust me on that.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:08 am

I don't doubt it MTG. ;)

And I'll have to say that I do see a similarity between saxi and this b.k barunt guy in that they both can make me laugh. Like fine wines those two.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby AAFitz on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:04 am

b.k. barunt wrote:I seem to be missing that crucial element of the human psyche that causes inordinate fascination with watching someone else play a game. WTF? Am i the only one? Is no one else out there dumbfounded by this incredibly boring social phenomenon?

Honibaz

Im not dumbfounded by it, because I understand it completely, and it makes sense. It is the perfect medium for social interaction, because there are NO real stakes.

You can argue passionately about it, you can overreact about it, you can go as far as getting into fights for it, but in the end, its all based on a mutually constructed fantasy, on which to connect with other people.

You cant do it with other subjects like politics, because once the argument is over, real emotions may not fade whereas, only the true personality disorder types, and there are plenty of them, will really care if someone is stupid enough to be a Yankees fan or not....actually...that one is more difficult to ignore but you get my point.

I like sports, I enjoyed playing a variety of them, and I enjoy watching them at the stadium etc. but at the end of the day for me, they are millionaires playing catch, and I dont have real time to devote actually really caring one bit about them.

I do however enjoy when the home team wins, because the mood of everyone in the home town is positive, so even without watching, caring, or even knowing, you participate in the ups and downs of their wins or losses.

There are many good things about these sports, and mostly it is for the kids, because its the best way to get them to communicate, and contribute to society in a seemingly meaningful way....but when peoples lives actually revolve around them, it does seem a little silly.

The thing is, everyone has their hobbies, and there are people who take politics more seriously than sports, but they are doing the same exact thing as those watching sports. They just tell themselves its different because, the game might matter more, even if their contribution to the game is exactly the same: ZERO.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby 2dimes on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:25 am

b.k. barunt wrote:My idea of hell is a fooking line waiting to get into hell.

Honibaz

Wouldn't it be a line up to get out of the heat into an air conditioned building, then when you finally get in the controls are broken and it's even hotter? There's probably a game going on too, maybe bowling.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby ben79 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:00 pm

Unlike politics, philosophy, religions, when the sport game is over, there's a winner and a loser, that's what makes it attractive and fun.
Lieutenant ben79

Postby Lootifer on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:20 pm

b.k. barunt wrote:Because i'm using this thread to vent my frustrations on people (like many friends and family members of mine) who prefer to immerse themselves in mindless vicarious thrills when i'd like to hang out and do something with them. Jock sniffing is boring. Jock sniffers bore the shit outa me. I scorn boredom. My idea of hell is a fooking line waiting to get into hell. Capiche?

In that case; FIFO.

Jock sniffing is about as good an example of mob mentality as you're going to get. Avid jock sniffers feed off of each other's energy, which is why they'd much rather watch a live game even though the visual is actually better at home on the TV. Jock sniffers get minimal pleasure from their sniffing if they have to do it alone. Super Bowl party anyone?

No, if you tried to explain why Christians go to church without first researching and giving serious thought to such, i wouldn't pay much attention to your opinion.

Good, so I can ignore your posts in this thread from now on. Cheers.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Lootifer on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:28 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
Lootifer wrote:Are they protective or just underwear?

Lol, the ones I had to wear were protective but the cup is removable so I guess you could use it for just support too. The ones runners use don't have a cup but theyre like full of elastic to keep your boys nice and snug.

Never really understood the concept. Plain old normal undies work fine and most modern sports versions have variations where you can put in a cup (called a box in cricket, most common use in NZ) as required.

Jockstraps just seem like another example of the US being purposefully different... (see: Imperial system).
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:39 pm

Lootifer wrote:Never really understood the concept. Plain old normal undies work fine and most modern sports versions have variations where you can put in a cup (called a box in cricket, most common use in NZ) as required.

Jockstraps just seem like another example of the US being purposefully different... (see: Imperial system).

Maybe this is true about the US but the jock strap is arguably superior in that it has no ass coverage so a jock is naturally cooler. It has the downside of that much less between you and your teammates ass when you are sitting resting and he's standing in front of you but many would say this is a small price to pay. Maybe the other countries are just too proud to start wearing them. ;)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Lootifer on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:50 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
Lootifer wrote:Never really understood the concept. Plain old normal undies work fine and most modern sports versions have variations where you can put in a cup (called a box in cricket, most common use in NZ) as required.

Maybe this is true about the US but the jock strap is arguably superior in that it has no ass coverage so a jock is naturally cooler. It has the downside of that much less between you and your teammates ass when you are sitting resting and he's standing in front of you. Maybe the other countries are just too proud to start wearing them. ;)

Haha, touche.

If anything technology these days is adding more material to under garments thou. Skins/Under Armour/etc. I only have one pair of traditional "undies" in the sports gear rotation with most being tight/sports boxer shorts (inb4 AoG calls me maxigay).
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby b.k. barunt on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:56 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:I don't doubt it MTG. ;)

And I'll have to say that I do see a similarity between saxi and this b.k barunt guy in that they both can make me laugh. Like fine wines those two.

I appreciate the compliment, but saxi's the man. He's far more educated than i am (i'd bet money on a Phd of some kind), far more creative and far more perverse. No one on this site comes close to him in my book, except maybe Kingherpes, but even he would have to take second place.

Honibaz
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby jonesthecurl on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:03 pm

b.k. barunt wrote:

I appreciate the compliment, but saxi's the man. He's far more educated than i am (i'd bet money on a Phd of some kind), far more creative and far more perverse. No one on this site comes close to him in my book, except maybe Kingherpes, but even he would have to take second place.

Honibaz

Another fundamental difference is that I've never seen BK post anything he didn't mean. Except "Honibaz".
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby 2dimes on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:35 am

Kingherpes must post over my head, I don't get it.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:44 pm

Lootifer wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:and it compliments those good 'ol nationalist sentiments.

Yeh f*ck loyalty in any form!

Liars deserve no loyalty!!!
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby b.k. barunt on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:32 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:
b.k. barunt wrote:

Honibaz

Another fundamental difference is that I've never seen BK post anything he didn't mean. Except "Honibaz".

Never question the Honibaz.

Honibaz
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby muy_thaiguy on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:02 pm

Those misplaced kicks can hurt WITH it on. Without them, your on the floor bawling like a baby at times.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby xeno on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:06 am

On a related note has anyone noticed how unwatchable sports nation has become since cowherd and beadle left? I'm HATING Marcellus Wiley he's garbage as an anchor
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:19 pm

xeno wrote:On a related note has anyone noticed how unwatchable sports nation has become since cowherd and beadle left? I'm HATING Marcellus Wiley he's garbage as an anchor

Jock Sniffer!
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby jonesthecurl on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:46 pm

xeno wrote:On a related note has anyone noticed how unwatchable sports nation has become since cowherd and beadle left? I'm HATING Marcellus Wiley he's garbage as an anchor

Um, no, I haven't.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,