Conquer Club

Why are you a Feminist?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Why are you a Feminist?

Postby Lootifer on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:52 pm

john9blue wrote:i can't control my heartbeat! i'm a slave to my own body!

I dont want to nitpick (read: I want to nitpick), but, technically you can, with reasonable ease too.

It can be lowered short term via holding your breath/very deep breathing; it can be lowered long term by increasing your fitness levels.

It can be raised even easier; just run up some stairs.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Juan_Bottom on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:36 pm

To be fair to John, I argued along side of him that our military shouldn't allow women to join combat units. Our arguments were:

Other country's have integrated combat units and these have failed combat stress tests (Israel)
    Massive costs in created new training programs, camp facilities, ECT.
    Actually physical differences between the sexes increasing costs/stress/failure
    Lowered effectiveness standards in nations with integrated combat units
    Other than for fairness, there's no need to, giving us massive cost increases without enough return

However, I think that with the exception of the first point, there's not much of an argument there. Mostly I just argued for the sake of having an opposing view in the thread.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby john9blue on Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:49 am

Iliad wrote:Do you ever tire of being smugly sarcastic?

And no, the fact that she had slightly more testorone according to you, even though the change had been ages ago, does not mean she should be excluded from games. Throughout the thread you displayed a childish approach to transexuality and equality for transexuals is fairly significant for feminism.

And our species haven't evolved in the slightest, but the social consensus has developed that yes women can work in the same workplace as men. A bandwagon you have decidedly not hopped onto in all your bravery. Not really sure how you can still try and call yourself a feminist despite all your childish views on these issues.

"childish" my ass. all i said was that it was unfair to others to have to play against her. of course, you don't care about any of the other players in that league because they didn't have heartwarming articles written about them.

maybe you'd have a point if i was against her inclusion because "eww transsexuals are gross". but all i see is me making a decent point about where the line must be drawn for fairness, and you saying "aww, that poor woman, why don't we let her play, she's been through so much" without even thinking about the consequences. it's a shameless emotional appeal.

aso, do you understand the difference between "women can't do what men do" and "women, on average, are worse than men at something"? i don't think you do.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:11 am

Topic Change:

http://thewalrus.ca/boys/

Last year, celebrated music journalist Maura Johnston came up with four suggestions for those struggling to not write misogynistically: do not assign descriptive words based on a subject’s gender, do not “make shit up about an artist in order to sexualize her,” do not exclusively compare female artists to other female artists, and do not mistake a subject’s politeness for flirtation, then write about it extensively.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby GBU56 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:18 am

I'm a feminist, cause I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body.
Sergeant 1st Class GBU56

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:07 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Topic Change:

http://thewalrus.ca/boys/

Last year, celebrated music journalist Maura Johnston came up with four suggestions for those struggling to not write misogynistically: do not assign descriptive words based on a subject’s gender, do not “make shit up about an artist in order to sexualize her,” do not exclusively compare female artists to other female artists, and do not mistake a subject’s politeness for flirtation, then write about it extensively.

Like AMANDA PALMER!

Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Gillipig on Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:35 am

I consider men to be less worth than women but also more competent than women. Where does that put me? Male chauvinst or feminist?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby jonesthecurl on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:01 am

Gillipig wrote:I consider men to be less worth than women but also more competent than women. Where does that put me? Male chauvinst or feminist?

arsehole.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby Gillipig on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:14 am

jonesthecurl wrote:
Gillipig wrote:I consider men to be less worth than women but also more competent than women. Where does that put me? Male chauvinst or feminist?

arsehole.

I was thinking more like "Realist".
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby jonesthecurl on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:39 am

Gillipig wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:

arsehole.

toilet-head.

Postby kentington on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:40 am

Gillipig wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:

arsehole.

That just assures them that you are a total male chauvinist. :)
[ramble]
Honestly, I think feminism has gone too far and is now hurting its own cause. I agree women should have equal rights and be able to vote. I agree that they should have an equal chance at being hired. But I have seen feminist women verbally attack other women who didn't work but stayed home and raised kids. These outspoken ones may be a minority, but from any feminist I have met it seems to be a constant. Those that I have met also tend to hate men or hold them in a negative light. This creates a poor image for those of us who aren't "in" with them and makes us lean away from them.

The thing that bothers me the most is that there are a lot of passive men and women out there and they both get made fun of by their own gender. [/ramble]
Bruceswar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:We all had tons of men..
Sergeant kentington

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:35 pm

kentington wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:

arsehole.

[ramble]
Honestly, I think feminism has gone too far and is now hurting its own cause. I agree women should have equal rights and be able to vote. I agree that they should have an equal chance at being hired. But I have seen feminist women verbally attack other women who didn't work but stayed home and raised kids. These outspoken ones may be a minority, but from any feminist I have met it seems to be a constant. Those that I have met also tend to hate men or hold them in a negative light. This creates a poor image for those of us who aren't "in" with them and makes us lean away from them.
[/ramble]

Yeah, pretty much sums up feminism.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Neoteny on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:55 pm

Yeesh.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby Gillipig on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:08 pm

kentington wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:

arsehole.

[ramble]

The thing that bothers me the most is that there are a lot of passive men and women out there and they both get made fun of by their own gender. [/ramble]

How is that? I am saying men are less worth than women, how can I be a male chauvinst while saying that?
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Gillipig on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:09 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:

arsehole.

toilet-head.

You're a Poo Poo head!!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby kentington on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:48 pm

This makes you a feminist? Nah, anytime you say that men are "more" you are anti-feminism.
Sergeant kentington

Postby Gillipig on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:07 pm

kentington wrote:

This makes you a feminist? Nah, anytime you say that men are "more" you are anti-feminism.

But how can I be male chauvinst if I say women are worth more than men? Sounds like you haven't thought this through. Just sticking me with the first label you can think of.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby jonesthecurl on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:11 pm

There's two halves to your sentence.

Postby jonesthecurl on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:11 pm

And remember: if a sentence has the word "but" in it, you should only take notice of the the words after "but".

Postby kentington on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:23 pm

Gillipig wrote:
kentington wrote:

But how can I be male chauvinst if I say women are worth more than men? Sounds like you haven't thought this through. Just sticking me with the first label you can think of.

I'm sorry, but when you add both of your combined vague statements.
a) Men have less worth than women
b) [Men] are more competent than women

a+b= men and women are not equal

Now you are blaming me for calling you a male chauvinist and you are surprised? Either you are trolling me or you are back pedaling.

Gillipig wrote:Where does that put me? Male chauvinst or feminist?

Gillipig wrote:Just sticking me with the first label you can think of.

It was a label that you provided.
Sergeant kentington

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:32 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:And remember: if a sentence has the word "but" in it, you should only take notice of the the words after "but".

This is why Jonesy should be Emperor of the Off Topics.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Gillipig on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:12 pm

Haha, feminsist do not think men and women are equal no more than male chauvinists. They are smart enough to not propagate it for all to hear most of the time though unlike most male chauvinists.. But I am neither a male chauvinist or feminist, I just look at it what makes sense and go with that. Here's my reasoning.
Clearly men are more able at almost all aspects of life. If you want someone to cook the best food, chop the most wood, figure out the theory of relativity, fight for you, whatever it is, a man can do it better than a woman. That's not how I want it to be, it's not a wishfull thinking thing, it's just what I see when I look at our society.
Women are more worth because a hundred men can be substituted by a one man and there would be no population decline. But one woman can not substitute a hundred women without the human population plummeting.. That is why women are more impoartant to the human race than men. That is what I choose to call "worth". Am I wrong about any of this? Are men not better at almost every thing you can think of? Are one woman not more important to our survival than one man?
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Gillipig on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:21 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:And remember: if a sentence has the word "but" in it, you should only take notice of the the words after "but".

I wonder where you heard this, a game of thornes fan perhaps??
Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Neoteny on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:54 pm

There are a whole lot of dudes in here who seem to think they know better than women.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby jonesthecurl on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:27 pm

Gillipig wrote:

I wonder where you heard this, a game of thornes fan perhaps??
Click image to enlarge.

Probably in there, but I heard it long before that (not claiming it's original with me).
But saying "Women are great cos they can have kids" is not going to defend you from the charge of chauvinism.

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,