the longest thread, thread - Occasionally NSFW

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: the longest thread, thread - Occasionally NSFW

Postby muy_thaiguy on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:09 am

Mastercard and Visa as well.
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:05 am

So I found the Stork plant where I came from. Explains why I am messed up. As you can see, Globalization made most of the workers leave:
show
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Postby Quirk on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:03 pm

"Zungguzungguguzungguzeng"
-Yellowman
pancakemix wrote:Quirk, you are a bastard. That is all.
Major Quirk

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (1)

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:06 am

So, I wish it was snowing or raining. But it looks pretty uneventful outside today. **Munches on a banana**

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:27 pm

I don't want to clog the Video Game topic, so I'm going to use this topic for updates to a Grand Strategy PC game I picked up recently:

show: Update 1

show: Update 2

Pretty sure my next plans are, since everything is out in the open about the assassination plot, is to both try to assassinate the king fast with a somewhat haphazard-low chance attempt, and then commit to civil war since my armies are pretty strong, my prestige is up, my coffers are full, and I've been slowly improving relations with the Danes across the sea, in hopes they'll support my effort.

**Munches on a banana while carefully weighing his options.**

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby muy_thaiguy on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:53 pm

Maybe an all-out blitz on the King in his stronghold if your close enough? Attack fast, hard, and with ferocity, because you do not want to chance him building up his forces and allies and meeting you on even ground.

But it sounds a lot like Medieval 2 Total War, but with more emphasis on individual characters and politics rather than just war and peace.
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:27 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:Maybe an all-out blitz on the King in his stronghold if your close enough? Attack fast, hard, and with ferocity, because you do not want to chance him building up his forces and allies and meeting you on even ground.

But it sounds a lot like Medieval 2 Total War, but with more emphasis on individual characters and politics rather than just war and peace.

I'll probably try something like this, at least with overwhelming force and speed. He moved his capital from the old capital area (since our original capital is part of the Duchy I rule), to far in the North, so he'll see me coming. But like I mentioned, my coffers are full and I am going to likely hire some Bretons and Irish mercenaries to supplement my Scottish levies.

**Munches on a banana**

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:50 pm

I absolutely love Crusader Kings!
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18)
General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:55 pm

Dukasaur wrote:I absolutely love Crusader Kings!

The first or the second? I never played the first, but I've been playing he CK2 and it is pretty rocking.

**Munches on a banana**

Whenever my Scottish game ends, I want to play as a Spanish King, and try to unite the Iberian peninsula under my crown...and fight off the Islamic hordes taking root in the southern peninsula. Or maybe I'll be the Islamic hordes, and try to unite the Iberian peninsula under that crown!

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Postby Gillipig on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:05 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:

The first or the second? I never played the first, but I've been playing he CK2 and it is pretty rocking.

**Munches on a banana**

Whenever my Scottish game ends, I want to play as a Spanish King, and try to unite the Iberian peninsula under my crown...and fight off the Islamic hordes taking root in the southern peninsula. Or maybe I'll be the Islamic hordes, and try to unite the Iberian peninsula under that crown!

--Andy

Take it easy now, you can't do it all :D. Where does the map end? Can you seize land in India for example? Or central Africa?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:05 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:

**Munches on a banana**

--Andy

The first. Although, the basic concept hasn't changed much since they released CKII.

I played it enough that I've conquered the world as pretty much everyone, although my favourite starting points were Duchy of Poitou, Duchy of Bohemia, and Duchy of Novgorod. I always preferred to start as a Duke rather than taking a Kingdom at the beginning. It lets you get your advisors and your marriages sorted out while you're at a manageable size, before you make a play for overthrowing the king. Starting as the king you pretty much inherit the big mess that your king had historically, and you have to rush into battle with a disloyal Marshal and a dummy as Chancellor and whatnot.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18)
General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:25 pm

Gillipig wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:

**Munches on a banana**

--Andy

Take it easy now, you can't do it all :D. Where does the map end? Can you seize land in India for example? Or central Africa?

Here is the extent of map. You can zoom down to the county level.

show

**Munches on a banana**

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Postby Gillipig on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:56 pm

You're making me want to play this game badly Andy. I was able to run Skyrim on on highest quality graphics so I know my graphic card will be able to run this game.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby 2dimes on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:08 pm

Watch for the Banana boat.

Corporal 2dimes

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:11 pm

Gillipig wrote:You're making me want to play this game badly Andy. I was able to run Skyrim on on highest quality graphics so I know my graphic card will be able to run this game.

Yeah, I run Skyrim on my laptop and this game gives me no issues. Really, watching some Australian dude play it on youtube, and talk about his actions and strategy (or lackthereof), was what sold me. But the sort of roleplaying aspect you can get into is pretty fun and I think that makes more a more in depth game I'll stick to longer. I thought the game might be more like say a Real Time Strategy in terms of roleplaying (I.e. Age of Empires / Star Craft ) ...where I don't get into it, and just play. But it is kind of fun to embody the character you get to be.

Like I mentioned, one of my Kings gave birth to a stuttering, weak, malformed, and ugly (those are all actual "character traits" that affect various attribute in the game essentially) heir, and it was fun turn him into a brilliant strategist who became stronger (and more ruthless) in order to "earn respect" he couldn't otherwise achieved maybe. And it is fun to see an "Ugly" trait passed down the hereditary line. Ha. There is a pretty big sandbox storyline, which is cool.

**Munches on a banana**

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?