Conquer Club

[Medal] Suggestion Medal

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Suggestion Medal

Postby greenoaks on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:34 am

i'd happily go through every thread to determine eligibility if this is implemented.

hello ......... can anyone hear me
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:01 am

greenoaks wrote:
chapcrap wrote:It seems to me that GC Medals would be more appropriate than GA Medals.

you are correct, GC's are currently given out. i would like to see them become SC's (Suggestion Contribution)

i got this one a few years ago O:)
Award Time: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:06 am
Awarded by: clapper011
Award Reason: Contributed significantly to the discussions in the Suggestions Forum

it is my one and only GC but i would swap it in a heartbeat for the lightbulb in the 1st post

There seems to be an inconsistency there. It was my understanding that the movers of implemented suggestions got GCs, but none were awarded to any of the people last year whose suggestions were implemented. I took it up with Andy Dufresne, who responded in a PM that it was never the practise. I'm sure that's wrong, because I've seen people who had those GCs, but I can't remember who, and my forum search skills suck, so I dropped the matter.

It seems it was once the practise, but at some point was dropped and forgotten. Perhaps someone with more free time and/or better forum search skills than me could research this and see exactly when and why the practise ended?

I'm all in favour of resuming it, but we should do so retroactively.

And if the GCs are replaced with a new SC medal, I'd be okay with that also, although I don't see it as a priority.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby chapcrap on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:19 am

Dukasaur wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
chapcrap wrote:It seems to me that GC Medals would be more appropriate than GA Medals.

you are correct, GC's are currently given out. i would like to see them become SC's (Suggestion Contribution)

i got this one a few years ago O:)
Award Time: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:06 am
Awarded by: clapper011
Award Reason: Contributed significantly to the discussions in the Suggestions Forum

it is my one and only GC but i would swap it in a heartbeat for the lightbulb in the 1st post

There seems to be an inconsistency there. It was my understanding that the movers of implemented suggestions got GCs, but none were awarded to any of the people last year whose suggestions were implemented. I took it up with Andy Dufresne, who responded in a PM that it was never the practise. I'm sure that's wrong, because I've seen people who had those GCs, but I can't remember who, and my forum search skills suck, so I dropped the matter.

It seems it was once the practise, but at some point was dropped and forgotten. Perhaps someone with more free time and/or better forum search skills than me could research this and see exactly when and why the practise ended?

I'm all in favour of resuming it, but we should do so retroactively.

And if the GCs are replaced with a new SC medal, I'd be okay with that also, although I don't see it as a priority.

As far as the policy goes, I can speak to that. I don't think GC's have ever been given out for Suggestions in general. There have been medals given out in the past for individuals who have proven to be helpful in the forum and extremely helpful in getting specific suggestions implemented. However, it wasn't just that a medal was given for nominating an idea that was pushed through.

As far as this idea goes in general, I think we'd have to set up certain criteria that would need to be met before a medal would be awarded. All posts would have to be addressed. The OP would need to be kept current and updated as things were changing in the thread and discussion. So, while I love medals and would love to see this come to fruition, a little more structure needs to be nailed down first.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:35 am

chapcrap wrote:As far as this idea goes in general, I think we'd have to set up certain criteria that would need to be met before a medal would be awarded. All posts would have to be addressed. The OP would need to be kept current and updated as things were changing in the thread and discussion. So, while I love medals and would love to see this come to fruition, a little more structure needs to be nailed down first.

Agreed.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:22 am

I have a suggestion medal.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby nicestash on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:33 pm

Nope, this is dumb. If you're making a suggestion it's because you want the site to give you something whether it be new medals or new settings or something else.
Major nicestash

Postby nicestash on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:34 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I have a suggestion medal.

Hahaha, priceless!
Major nicestash

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:05 pm

nicestash wrote:

Hahaha, priceless!

I'm not sure I understand the humor. I really do.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby greenoaks on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:44 am

chapcrap wrote:As far as the policy goes, I can speak to that. I don't think GC's have ever been given out for Suggestions in general. There have been medals given out in the past for individuals who have proven to be helpful in the forum and extremely helpful in getting specific suggestions implemented. However, it wasn't just that a medal was given for nominating an idea that was pushed through.

As far as this idea goes in general, I think we'd have to set up certain criteria that would need to be met before a medal would be awarded. All posts would have to be addressed. The OP would need to be kept current and updated as things were changing in the thread and discussion. So, while I love medals and would love to see this come to fruition, a little more structure needs to be nailed down first.

Award Time: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:58 am
Awarded by: rdsrds2120
Award Reason:
Your suggestion was posted, improved, and approved in like a day. It, along with the process, was totally rad.

GC's are given out for coming up with an idea.

can we get this switched to the Suggs Medal this thread is about.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby nicestash on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:53 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
nicestash wrote:

Hahaha, priceless!

I know, I saw it. I find it hilarious that there's been such a negative response over a suggestion medal, and you're sitting on one :P

That being said, I believe that if we're going to hand out medals for making a suggestion, we need to also hand them out to the people who add suggestions and help modify them. Overall, it's going to add a lot of medals.
Major nicestash

Postby greenoaks on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:19 pm

nicestash wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
nicestash wrote:

Hahaha, priceless!

I know, I saw it. I find it hilarious that there's been such a negative response over a suggestion medal, and you're sitting on one :P

That being said, I believe that if we're going to hand out medals for making a suggestion, we need to also hand them out to the people who add suggestions and help modify them. Overall, it's going to add a lot of medals.

i don't think it will.

there'd be a few Suggestion Achievement medals given out to those who have a sug implemented and most of the Suggestion Contribution medals would go to the same few posters for their efforts over many ideas.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby agentcom on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:46 pm

The current "policy" is that the Suggestions Department can award medals, and we will be looking to award them to users that really go above and beyond to further suggestions as they proceed through to implementation. As you can imagine, this is rarely the OP of a suggestion that will get these medals because a lot of people stop by to post something and then forget about it. I don't even think it's going to be a 1 for 1 thing, where every time the site is improved, we go looking for a player to give a medal to.

The policy has changed or evolved with each different iteration of the Suggestions Team, so I don't think that there's much use in talking about how "things have been" as there's never really been a consistent way of doing things.

All that said, I would love it if our department could hand out special medals that are obviously from the Suggestions Department like the one that was designed and put in the OP. We probably wouldn't hand out too many more than we currently plan to hand out, but it would be neat for a distinct award to be given when we do, rather than a generic GC medal.
Colonel agentcom

Postby nicestash on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:58 pm

And it would improve activity in this forum once medal hunters hear about it.
But I agree that if there is a medal, it shouldn't just be for making a good suggestion- the player should also have to be part of the entire process to get it past, or else the mods will end up with a million suggestions and no analysis.
Major nicestash

Postby agentcom on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:02 pm

Not to mention, I don't want to deal with who came up with a suggestion when there are thousands of old suggestions floating around that haven't been properly categorized.
Colonel agentcom

Postby nicestash on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:15 pm

You could just choose whoever seemed like they were the most helpful in developing the suggestion.
Major nicestash

Postby greenoaks on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:22 am

nicestash wrote:You could just choose whoever seemed like they were the most helpful in developing the suggestion.

sugs mods are excluded
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:07 am

greenoaks wrote:
nicestash wrote:You could just choose whoever seemed like they were the most helpful in developing the suggestion.

sugs mods are excluded

Dang it!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:36 am

I'm for this idea and an appropriate criteria. I see no reason why suggs can't have their own medals. They choose the driteria, they implement the process, they maintain consistency and we all win!

Incidentally, aside from suggs medals ... I'd like to see suggs mesh more with media. Each time a promising new suggestion comes along pleas let me or one of the other media staff know and we can drive traffic this way through twitter/facebook or even an article in Dispatch if warranted. The more the idea is bashed around the more valid it will be and the more meaningful any medal award will be. We can also announce implemented suggestions and if you like award recipients!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby greenoaks on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:36 am

thehippo8 wrote:I'm for this idea and an appropriate criteria. I see no reason why suggs can't have their own medals. They choose the driteria, they implement the process, they maintain consistency and we all win!

Incidentally, aside from suggs medals ... I'd like to see suggs mesh more with media. Each time a promising new suggestion comes along pleas let me or one of the other media staff know and we can drive traffic this way through twitter/facebook or even an article in Dispatch if warranted. The more the idea is bashed around the more valid it will be and the more meaningful any medal award will be. We can also announce implemented suggestions and if you like award recipients!

this suggestion should have its own thread. ;)

and if implemented you get a medal. :lol:
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:28 am

thehippo8 wrote:I'm for this idea and an appropriate criteria. I see no reason why suggs can't have their own medals. They choose the driteria, they implement the process, they maintain consistency and we all win!

That's not our call. I think rds can leak whatever information he wanted. He knows what is going on.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby thehippo8 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:58 pm

chapcrap wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:I'm for this idea and an appropriate criteria. I see no reason why suggs can't have their own medals. They choose the criteria, they implement the process, they maintain consistency and we all win!

That's not our call. I think rds can leak whatever information he wanted. He knows what is going on.

Without going off track too much, you may want to read what I said again. How would rds know if a suggestion was promising or when input was desired on any topic? The suggs mods are best placed to monitor these things but I'd welcome input from anyone!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby blakebowling on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:31 am

thehippo8 wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:I'm for this idea and an appropriate criteria. I see no reason why suggs can't have their own medals. They choose the criteria, they implement the process, they maintain consistency and we all win!

Without going off track too much, you may want to read what I said again. How would rds know if a suggestion was promising or when input was desired on any topic? The suggs mods are best placed to monitor these things but I'd welcome input from anyone!

I believe chap was talking about the newly implemented / coming soon suggestions.
Private blakebowling

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:36 am

blakebowling wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

I believe chap was talking about the newly implemented / coming soon suggestions.

Ah, thanks blake, that makes sense. Yes, in that case Chap is 100% right - that would be for blake to leak to the media team. I was meaning if the suggs team found promising ideas in development that you wanted to drive ideas to them we can help with that - it would also give more value to the medals because a wider cross-section of the CC community could have a say.
ImageImageImage
show

Postby blakebowling on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:26 am

thehippo8 wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

Ah, thanks blake, that makes sense. Yes, in that case Chap is 100% right - that would be for blake to leak to the media team. I was meaning if the suggs team found promising ideas in development that you wanted to drive ideas to them we can help with that - it would also give more value to the medals because a wider cross-section of the CC community could have a say.

A start may be to feature one of the stickied (quickly-progressing) suggestions in the dispatch, or social media, or the like.

In the future, I'd like to have a system where any major change (essentially any one that could have fallout) is brought in front of the community to get an opinion before it is implemented. The final call would still lie with the admins, although I think bringing the wider voice in can be beneficial in some cases.

If you'd like to pursue this idea further, send me a PM and I'll see what we can do. (I'm not sure what I'm allowed to leak, and what I'm not).
Private blakebowling

Postby chapcrap on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:20 pm

thehippo8 wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

Yes, blake was right.

And I do agree that looking at the stickied topics is the best way probably. But, if you need something at a particular time for an issue, you can probably send one of us a message.
Lieutenant chapcrap

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions