Conquer Club

Mentoring Pilot Program

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Mentoring Pilot Program

Postby codierose on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:32 pm

Campin_Killer wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
Campin_Killer wrote:I need some general help...

As in help from a general, or help in general?

Help in general ;)

in what areas and settings
Major codierose

Postby Campin_Killer on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:57 pm

Haha, getting better all around,

Standard settings,

And trying to try a few new maps
Upcoming Tournaments
NCAA Football
In the Trenches - 3 in sign-ups
13 Colonies
8 Thoughts
Africa

Highscore

Lieutenant Campin_Killer

Postby codierose on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:04 pm

Campin_Killer wrote:Haha, getting better all around,

Standard settings,

And trying to try a few new maps

cool set up game map settings your choice invite me all i ask is you take turns :D
Major codierose

Postby xstu1978x on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:40 pm

hi I am looking for a mentor i would rate myself as a 1 and new to the site.
any help would be greatly apriciated

thanks
New Recruit xstu1978x

Need a Mentor

Postby StinknLincoln on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:44 am

have volatile rank swings chef--->Serg. ---> chef

Need a bit of do's and don'ts advice along with brutal creative criticism.

Also $8.00 for a pack of smokes...
Private StinknLincoln

Postby Viceroy63 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:01 pm

xstu1978x wrote:hi I am looking for a mentor i would rate myself as a 1 and new to the site.
any help would be greatly apriciated

thanks

If you are new to the site then I would recommend the SoC. It worked for me and a whole lot of other lower ranking officer's. It all depends on your eagerness to learn the strategy that is used for the 6 player standard game.

StinknLincoln wrote:have volatile rank swings chef--->Serg. ---> chef

Need a bit of do's and don'ts advice along with brutal creative criticism.

Also $8.00 for a pack of smokes...

Stinky, may I call you stinky? :D My heart goes all out to you. I see that you are in an SoC training field but you are not using the class forums. The SoC is a mentoring program just as if I were to mentor you on your games.

The problem with mentoring is that people want advice after they finished messing up their games. One of the rules in the SoC is to start the program from the start of the game and not in the middle of the game.

I will make a deal with you and with anyone who wants mentoring. Write me an Email from the very first move. Don't use different emails for different moves but the same email and don't skip any moves and I will mentor you or anyone right from the start.

Meet those conditions and I will mentor anyone. Those are the same conditions in the SoC Only they are experts at this mentoring stuff although I pretty much know my stuff. The only other conditions must be the setting of the game. No FOG or Trench. Only 6 player Standard or terminator, Escalating spoils. No Teams either. Just in case. And only one game.

Meet those condition and use the same email and I will teach you from the very same manual that the SoC does. Or better yet, just use the SoC forum since you are already in a training field 11 if I am not mistaken. They are the best to show you that strategy and if you stick to it you will go up in score and in rank.

The young shaolin student at the temple asked, "Master, which is the best style to learn?" The Old Shaolin munk lighting his pipe replied, "They are all equally good and equally different." "Then I should learn them all, shouldn't I?" retorted the young student. to which the master shaolin puffing on the pipe replied, "It could take an enter life time to truly master just one style. But if you truly master just one style, then you may just be able to master them all."

And the morrow of the story is. Just learn one way to play on one map. Master it and then the rest will come. And if you don't have $8.00 for a pack of smokes, then use a pipe instead.
:lol:
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Postby CMetternich on Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:20 am

Hi, Mentoree, skill level 3 - Been here a bit, but need help winning games.

Usually I prefer to play the maps Alexander's Empire, Scotland or Jugoslavia. I am a skilled player of Diplomacy (if anyone here knows that, too) but the force is not with me here. :oops: So I would be thankful to get strategic help.
Sergeant 1st Class CMetternich

Postby chapcrap on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:18 pm

Is this still being used? Can someone explain to me the process if so?

I feel like this is old and shouldn't be stickied anymore.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:51 pm

Every once in a while someone posts here. I'm always curious whether they ever find a mentor as a result. Maybe there are people who PM the posters. Some high ranked players might actually like playing with people who are expressing a desire to be better at the game because the high-rankers will gain more points playing with them. Or maybe some clans are checking these guys out. Idk, but I don't think I've ever seen someone come back here and ask why nobody has answered them yet.
Colonel agentcom

Postby ThomasM93 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:08 am

Mentoree, I would rate myself 3, I would like to be mentored by someone.

I played this game before but I need some help with general strategies and how to win games.

Please contact me :)
Cadet ThomasM93

Postby AyeTrain on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:54 am

ThomasM93, PM me and I'll be glad to help you out.

This is my first mentoring attempt: I'm assuming it's okay for me to give advice on his games? Or is outside advice frowned on, and I should only give advice in a mutual game?
Lieutenant AyeTrain

Postby agentcom on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:01 am

AyeTrain wrote:ThomasM93, PM me and I'll be glad to help you out.

This is my first mentoring attempt: I'm assuming it's okay for me to give advice on his games? Or is outside advice frowned on, and I should only give advice in a mutual game?

See a couple posts above yours and the one to which you responded ... I'm not sure anyone knows what is going on with this.
Colonel agentcom

Postby ubuntu33 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:38 pm

Can I be a mentoree? level 3
thx for this great forum :D
Private 1st Class ubuntu33

Postby agentcom on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:00 pm

Good luck, but see the post above yours, which directs you to the post a couple above the one right above that :)

Sorry, but good luck learning. There are plenty of good team players out there, I'm just not sure they stop by here.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:32 pm

agentcom wrote:Every once in a while someone posts here. I'm always curious whether they ever find a mentor as a result. Maybe there are people who PM the posters. Some high ranked players might actually like playing with people who are expressing a desire to be better at the game because the high-rankers will gain more points playing with them. Or maybe some clans are checking these guys out. Idk, but I don't think I've ever seen someone come back here and ask why nobody has answered them yet.

Yes, I did do this. Long ago when I was new to CC, I found this thread. I PMd 4 or 5 mentors and got advice from 2 of them. One of them, Zidane - 21 taught me how to play Feudal and gave me help with some other games. He still invites me to a game every now and then. The other one I've forgotten the identity of, but I know he he did give me useful tips about adjusting your strategy for different spoil and reinforcement options.

Unfortunately, it has been a long time since anyone actively updated this thread, so it is not nearly as useful as it should be. I don't think you can get a mentor here by just posting and asking for one, but if you have initiative and you're willing to PM the people who identified themselves as mentors, you can make it work.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Armandolas on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:13 pm

Hello, i would like to be a mentor of someone who is eager to learn

Also i would like to be a mentoree in freestyle games

Both level 3 i think

If anyone interested just PM and we talk a bit about if i can be usefull in anything, i will be glad to help and be helped

Cheers
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Viceroy63 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:33 pm

I also offer consultation to anyone who PM's me for advice. Especially in Trench War settings.
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby betiko on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:58 am

Viceroy63 wrote:I also offer consultation to anyone who PM's me for advice. Especially in Trench War settings.

i guess a person with so much trench experience will have half of the site asking for your wise consultations! :lol:
Major betiko

Postby Armandolas on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:37 am

betiko wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:I also offer consultation to anyone who PM's me for advice. Especially in Trench War settings.

i guess a person with so much trench experience will have half of the site asking for your wise consultations! :lol:

Betiko would you like to be my french mentor? :D
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Viceroy63 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:40 pm

Well if you don't know any french, I can teach you a word or two. Just as if you are new to Trench, I can also mentor you as well. An appreciative person does not look a gift horse in the mouth!

But if you already have experience in TW games then why would you be looking for a mentor???

I would think that you would invite me to a 1vs.1 TW game and put me to shame and steal my points instead. ;)
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby betiko on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:02 pm

Viceroy63 wrote:Well if you don't know any french, I can teach you a word or two. Just as if you are new to Trench, I can also mentor you as well. An appreciative person does not look a gift horse in the mouth!

But if you already have experience in TW games then why would you be looking for a mentor???

I would think that you would invite me to a 1vs.1 TW game and put me to shame and steal my points instead. ;)

just saw you invited me to a 1vs1 game. not interested, if you want send a team game invite. 1vs1 trench is just about who starts first unless there is some BS dice/drop, anyone with basic trench understanding wins by starting first. 50% chances to win 14pts 50% chances to lose 28pts or so. Or, I might accept if we launch 2 games, 1 me vs you the other one you vs a low rank that I coach
Major betiko

Postby Viceroy63 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:33 pm

betiko wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:Well if you don't know any french, I can teach you a word or two. Just as if you are new to Trench, I can also mentor you as well. An appreciative person does not look a gift horse in the mouth!

just saw you invited me to a 1vs1 game. not interested, if you want send a team game invite. 1vs1 trench is just about who starts first unless there is some BS dice/drop, anyone with basic trench understanding wins by starting first. 50% chances to win 14pts 50% chances to lose 28pts or so. Or, I might accept if we launch 2 games, 1 me vs you the other one you vs a low rank that I coach

Give me time to get a team together. Cool?
show
Major Viceroy63

Postby betiko on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:36 pm

Viceroy63 wrote:
betiko wrote:

Give me time to get a team together. Cool?

no prob! trips or quads prefered over dubs, any map any settings you want.
Major betiko

Postby Armandolas on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:25 pm

I dont agree about the one who goes first wins 50% of the time
Only in maps that u start with 4 or more troops to deploy, there i must agree
Colonel Armandolas

Postby betiko on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:38 pm

Armandolas wrote:I dont agree about the one who goes first wins 50% of the time
Only in maps that u start with 4 or more troops to deploy, there i must agree

well no, my point was more like 80% of the time you start in trench 1v1 you win. 50% was the chance of getting to start first.

viceroy; actually i saw 2 maps just came out, philadelphia and madrid haven't tried them yet and would be interested to. also haven't tried sydney either that they launched not too long ago. also, can we team evolutionists vs creationists? if ever there are enough creationists to build a full trips/quad team! :lol:
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion