Conquer Club

Bad Translator

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Bad Translator

Postby Qwert on Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:02 pm

blitzkrieg
(Military) a swift intensive military attack, esp using tanks supported by aircraft, designed to defeat the opposition quickly
[from German: lightning war]
Blizkrieg
(Army), with the hope, is that the first Capern military, to prevent collapse of will, which is the figure of
[Latin flash]

Strategy and tactic
The military science that deals with securing objectives set by strategy, especially the technique of deploying and directing troops, ships, and aircraft in effective maneuvers against an enemy: Tactics is a required course at all military academies.

Strategy and the lake
From security is a no science is proposed, especially the art of scheduling and routing the enemy army in the ships ran down the elit tortor consectetuer remember that you MUST sit amet course at the military Academies.

Barack Obama
It Begins with Us

Barack Obama
we thought it
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:26 am

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. Now we are engaged in a great civil war...

4:07 years participated in this continent a new nation, so that parents and all people with the same conditions to be fulfilled. Now we are engaged in a civil war ...

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Obrens on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:54 am

Lolololol, you have to see this:

Original text:

"I know machine translators are bad, but they are useful non the less. "

...56 translations later we get:

"I am a good translation does not mean anything."

Of course it does not mean anything. You are a BAD translation! That's what you get when you translate with the Bad Translator!
Private Obrens

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:48 pm

I forgot how much I enjoyed Bad Translations via the Bad Translator: http://ackuna.com/badtranslator

18 Translations:
Shakespeare, Twelfth Night wrote:Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.

Translation wrote:Fear not the size. Some men are born great, some achieve greatness and some discounts.

Shakespeare Hamlet wrote:This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man.

Translation wrote:And most importantly: a real boy, night and day, not too bad.

--Andy

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:55 pm

"" Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil."

27 translations later...

"Kingdom and something named the Pope, the sky, the sky. We have today that supports debt cancellation, please contact us. That does not seduce and Deslliure."
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:18 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
"" Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil."

27 translations later...

"Kingdom and something named the Pope, the sky, the sky. We have today that supports debt cancellation, please contact us. That does not seduce and Deslliure."

The first third reads like poetry:

Kingdom and
something named the Pope.
The sky, the sky.

--Andy

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:24 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

27 translations later...

The first third reads like poetry:

Kingdom and
something named the Pope.
The sky, the sky.

--Andy

I dunno, Andy. That poem does not seduce and Deslliure.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:27 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:I dunno, Andy. That poem does not seduce and Deslliure.

That makes one of us.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:36 pm

18 Translations, from one of the great orators:
Winston Churchill, WW2 wrote:We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender

Translation wrote:At the end of last year we have to fight for the French Republic. We have to deal with avian influenza. We have to fight for their own self esteem, more blood, we defend our island, it might cost you. We have to fight, we will fight, we will fight for the country, as well as the streets, how will the mountain battle, do not forget you,

Strangely, Churchill seems to have been a prophet as well, foretelling the bird flu. He also seems to let his personal feelings toward France slip through.

--Andy

Postby KoolBak on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:42 pm

Andy has a fetish for bananas and flying monkeys

27 later

Al, I'm Andy fetish
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby new guy1 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:48 pm

"I once met your mother."

...35 translations later, Bing gives us:

"The next day he may find his mother."
Sergeant new guy1

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:55 pm

18 Translations:
Mao Zedong wrote:If the U.S. monopoly capitalist groups persist in pushing their policies of aggression and war, the day is bound to come when they will be hanged by the people of the whole world. The same fate awaits the accomplices of the United States.

Translation wrote:If the whole world, or a political monopoly is for all people and political aggression. Hot-standby so we all get sick.

--Andy

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:17 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:18 Translations, from one of the great orators:
Winston Churchill, WW2 wrote:We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender

Translation wrote:At the end of last year we have to fight for the French Republic. We have to deal with avian influenza. We have to fight for their own self esteem, more blood, we defend our island, it might cost you. We have to fight, we will fight, we will fight for the country, as well as the streets, how will the mountain battle, do not forget you,

Strangely, Churchill seems to have been a prophet as well, foretelling the bird flu. He also seems to let his personal feelings toward France slip through.

--Andy

"we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be"
into
"we defend our island, it might cost you."

You know, the translator did succeed in cutting through the rhetoric.

Then again, how will the mountain battle?
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:25 pm

Indeed, BBS. I also liked the phrase about fighting to defend "their self esteem"

--Andy

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:36 pm

Red Cross Canada Mission Statement: A Turkish Mob In Cognito???

Original text:

"Our Mission: To improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity in Canada and around the world."

"Our mission: Turkey and in the world"
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jonesthecurl on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:12 pm

The earliest version of this I'm aware was in a book by Philip K Dick - possibly The Galactic Pot-Healer. There it was a game translators played deliberately - translate from one language to another, then back. There was an element of the deliberate in it. The example I remember is "Invisible idiot" for "Out of sight, out of mind."
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby new guy1 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:24 pm

Original text:

"I have to pee."

"This car is also live in peace."
Sergeant new guy1

Postby muy_thaiguy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:00 pm

To be or not to be, that is the question"

"If you have a problem."

Original text:

"Is this the real life, is this some fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

"Life is an illusion. It is interesting."
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:45 am

I remember some book I read which was translated from the French. In it there was a quote from an book in English. The French-to-English translator hadn't bothered to find the English original, but had translated it back.
"Suddenly, I had a souvenir."
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:41 pm

Charles Baudelaire: The Original Surrealist?

"One should always be drunk. That’s the great thing, the only question. Not to feel the horrible burden of Time weighing on your shoulders and bowing you to the earth, you should be drunk without respite. Drunk with what? With wine, with poetry, or with virtue, as you please. But get drunk."

...27 translations later, Bing gives us:

"To discuss this, it's still one of the most important to fifty years old to drink like Yes. Good or drink even in the land of heavy load poids axis to drink anything but morality, poésie, came and iron all had a drink."
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:01 pm

18 Translations
Sun Tzu's the Art of War wrote:What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease.

Translation wrote:Not only cute, but adults to learn easy to win.

--Andy

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:28 pm

"Welcome to the Conquer Club community. We're not just about kicking each other's rear ends here; we also like to hug and sing and drink around a camp fire."

"Both bridges, bridge Community Club here. The song and drink."

hmmm

It's too bad it doesn't give you the option of seeing the intermediary steps. I'm sure that stuff about rubbing around the legs flashed by, but it then it was gone.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:32 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
"Welcome to the Conquer Club community. We're not just about kicking each other's rear ends here; we also like to hug and sing and drink around a camp fire."

hmmm

It's too bad it doesn't give you the option of seeing the intermediary steps. I'm sure that stuff about rubbing around the legs flashed by, but it then it was gone.

\If you do it on the website, it shows it in progress too.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:24 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

hmmm

\If you do it on the website, it shows it in progress too.

Yeah, I know it shows it in progress (which is why I saw the leg rubbing) but there's no pause button to sit back and appreciate some of the good stuff along the way.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:31 pm

From English: Yeah, I know it shows it in progress (which is why I saw the leg rubbing) but there's no pause button to sit back and appreciate some of the good stuff along the way.
To Romanian: Da, ştiu că ea arată în curs (care este de ce am vazut picior frecare) dar nu există nici butonul pauză să stai pe spate şi să aprecieze unele din lucrurile bune pe drum.
Back to English: Yes, I know she looks (which is why I saw the leg friction) but there's no pause button to sit back and appreciate some of the good stuff on the way.
To Russian: Да, я знаю, она выглядит (который является, почему я увидел трения нога), но нет кнопки паузы сидеть сложа руки и оценить некоторые хорошие вещи по пути.
Back to English: Yes, I know, it looks like (which is why I saw the leg friction), but there's no pause button, sit back and appreciate some good stuff along the way.
To Arabic: نعم، أنا أعرف، فإنه يبدو وكأنه (والذي السبب في أنني رأيت الاحتكاك الساق)، لكن لم تجد زر الإيقاف المؤقت، والجلوس، ونقدر بعض الأشياء الجيدة على طول الطريق.
Back to English: Yes, I know, it sounds like (which is why I see leg friction), but did not find the pause button, sit back and appreciate some good stuff along the way.
To Portuguese: Sim, eu sei, soa como (que é porque eu vejo a fricção de perna), mas não encontrar o botão de pausa, sentar e apreciar algumas coisas boas ao longo do caminho.
Back to English: Yes, I know, it sounds like (which is why I see the leg friction), but did not find the pause button, sit back and enjoy some good stuff along the way.
To Slovak: Áno, ja viem, znie to ako (čo je dôvod, prečo som vidieť nohy trenie), ale urobil nie nájsť tlačidlo pauza, sedieť a užívajte si nejaké dobré veci pozdĺž cesty.
Back to English: Yes, I know, it sounds like (which is why I see a foot friction), but did not find the pause button, sit back and enjoy some good stuff along the way.
To Slovenian: Ja, vem, da zveni kot (ki je zato vidim stopala trenje), vendar si ne našli gumb pavza, sedel nazaj in uživajte nekaj dobrih stvari na poti.
Back to English: Yes, I know that sounds like (which is why I see a foot friction), but you do not find the pause button, sit back and enjoy some good stuff on the way.
To Latvian: Jā, es zinu, tas izklausās pēc (kas ir iemesls, kāpēc es redzu mutes berzes), bet nevar atrast pauzes poga, sēdēt un baudīt dažas labas stuff par to, kādā veidā.
Back to English: Yes, I know, it sounds like (which is why I see the mouth of friction), but can not find the pause button, sit back and enjoy some good stuff on the way.
To Japanese: はい、私は知っている、それのような (私は摩擦の口を参照してください理由である)、音しますが、することができますないで一時停止ボタンを見つける、後ろに座るし、いくつかの方法で良いものをお楽しみください。
Back to English: Yes, I know, it's like ( I see friction mouth why ), sound, but can be a enjoy the Find button without pause, sit back, good in some ways.
To Spanish: Sí, lo sé, es como ( veo boca de fricción por qué ), sonido, pero puede ser un disfrute el botón buscar sin pausa, siéntese detrás, bueno de alguna manera.
Back to English: Yes, I know, is how ( see mouth of friction which ), sound, but can be an enjoy the button search without pause, sit back, good in some way.
To Catalan: Sí, ho sé, és com ( veure boca de fricció que ), sonar, però pot ser un gaudi el botó Cerca sense pausa, seure, bé d'alguna manera.
Back to English: Yes, I know, it's like (see mouth rubbing it ), sound, but can be an enjoyment the search button without pause, sit, right somehow.
To Turkish: Evet, biliyorum, bu gibi (o ), ses, sürtünme ağız görmek ama bir zevk aramak düğme duraklatma olmadan olmak, oturup, her nasılsa sağ.
Back to English: Yes, I know, this is like you see in the mouth, rubbing, audio (it ) but a pleasure to sit down and, without pausing to search button somehow right.
To Korean: 그래, 나도 알아, 이건 바르고, 입, 볼 같은 오디오 (그것은 즐거움을 내려 앉아 하 고, 마우스 오른쪽 버튼을 어떻게든 검색을 일시 중지 하지 않고 있지만 ).
Back to English: Yeah, I know, it's straight, mouth, ball-like audio (it is a pleasure to sit down and right, somehow the search but without pause).
To Thai: ใช่ ฉันรู้ ตรงนั้น ปาก ลูกบอลเหมือนเสียง (เป็นการนั่งลง และไปทาง ขวา อย่างใดค้นหา แต่ต้องหยุดชั่วคราว)
Back to English: Yes, I know it sounds like a straight mouth ball (a sit down and either find the right but to pause)
To Swedish: Ja, jag vet att det låter som en rak mun boll (en sitta ner och antingen hitta rätt men att pausa)
Back to English: Yes, I know it sounds like a straight mouth ball (a sit down and either find the right but to pause)
To Vietnamese: Vâng, tôi biết nó âm thanh như một quả bóng thẳng miệng (một ngồi xuống và hoặc tìm thấy quyền nhưng để tạm dừng)
Back to English: Yes, I know it sounds like a straight ball (a sit down or find the right but to pause)
To Ukranian: Так, я знаю, це звучить як прямі м'яч (сидіти вниз або знайти право, але щоб призупинити)
Back to English: Yes, I know, it sounds like a straight ball (sit down or find the right but to pause)
To Chinese Traditional: 是的我知道,這聽起來像一個直球 (坐下來或查找的權利,但若要暫停)
Back to English: Yes, I know, it sounds like a straight ball (sitting down, or find the right but to pause)
To Polish: Tak, wiem, brzmi to jak prosta piłka (siedzi się w, lub znaleźć odpowiedni ale aby wstrzymać)
Back to English: Yes, I know, it sounds like a simple ball (sitting in, or find the right but to pause)
To Lithuanian: Taip, aš žinau, tai skamba kaip paprasta kamuolys (sėdi, ar rasti tinkamą bet norėdami pristabdyti)
Back to English: Yes, I know, it sounds like a simple ball (SAT, or find the right but to pause)
To Chinese Simplified: 是的我知道,这听起来像一个简单的球 (SAT,或查找的权利,但若要暂停)
Back to English: Yes, I know, this may sound like a simple ball (SAT, or find the right to pause)
To Czech: Ano, já vím, může to znít jako jednoduchý míč (SAT, nebo právo pozastavit)
Back to English: Yes, I know, this may sound like a simple ball (SAT, or the right to pause)
To Hungarian: Igen, tudom, ez hangzik, mint egy egyszerű labdát (SAT, vagy a jogot, hogy szünet)
Back to English: Yes, I know, it sounds like a simple ball (SAT, or the right to pause)
To German: Ja, ich weiß, es klingt wie eine einfache Kugel (SAT, oder das Recht auf Anhalten)
Back to English: Yes, I know it sounds like a simple ball (SAT, or the right to pause)
To Norwegian: Ja, jeg vet det høres ut som en enkel ball (SAT, eller retten til å ta en pause)
Back to English: Yes, I know it sounds like a simple ball (SAT, or the right to take a break)
To French: Oui, je sais que ça sonne comme une simple boule (SAT, ou le droit de faire une pause)
Back to English: Yes, I know it sounds like a simple ball (SAT, or the right to pause)
To Indonesian: Ya, saya tahu kedengarannya seperti sebuah bola yang sederhana (SAT, atau hak untuk jeda)
To Estonian: Jah, ma tean, see kõlab lihtne pall (SAT, või õiguse peatamine)
Back to English: Yes, I know it sounds easy ball (SAT, or suspension of the law)
To Finnish: Kyllä, tiedän, se kuulostaa helpolta pallo (SAT, tai laki)
Back to English: Yes, I know, it sounds easy ball (SAT or Act)
To Dutch: Ja, ik weet het, het klinkt gemakkelijk bal (zat of handelen)
Back to English: Yes, I know, it sounds easy ball (sat or Act)
To Greek: Ναι, ξέρω, ακούγεται εύκολο μπάλα (κάθισε ή πράξη)
To Hebrew: כן, אני יודע, זה נשמע קל כדור (ישב או לפעול)
To Haitian Creole: Wi, mwen konnen l ', li sanble fasil boul (te chita ou aji)
Back to English: Yes, I know it, it seems easy ball (was seated you act)
To Danish: Ja, jeg ved det, forekommer det let kugle (blev siddende du handle)
Back to English: Yes, I know it, it seems easy ball (was seated, you act)
To Italian: Sì, lo so, sembra facile palla (era seduto, agite)
Back to English: Yes, I know, sounds easy ball (SAT, Act)
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,