Favorite Dead Artists

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Favorite Dead Artists

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:13 am

"I'm sick of soup of the day; it's time to make a decision! I want to know what the f*ck 'soup from now on' is."
penis
Cook Army of GOD

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby strike wolf on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:32 am

Music (way too many taken in the last 40-50 years alone. Will try to keep this list brief):

Keith Moon
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Django Reinhardt (guitarist. Look him up if you don't recognize the name)
Will agree on Freddie Mercury

Acting:

Have to agree on Leslie Neilson.
Marlon Brando

Art:

Pablo Picasso.
Leonardo DaVinci

Literature:

Edgar Allen Poe
Mark Twain
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Postby jonesthecurl on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:50 am

To this list I must add, very sadly, Kevin Ayers. I just heard he died, no details yet.

And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
Sergeant jonesthecurl

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:32 am

I've spent a lot of time listening to Kevin since my last post, and thinking about the times I saw him live, the friends I listened to him with .
I actually cried.
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
Sergeant jonesthecurl

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:03 am

What about:

Bill Hicks was an interesting guy.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (4)

Postby CreepersWiener on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:15 pm

George Carlin, Jim Henson, and Eddie Murphy who recently died in a snowboarding accident in Switzerland.

ImageImageImage
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Previous

Return to Babble-On Five