Conquer Club

[ACC2] PIG(30) vs RA(30) PIG Win Final 3/29

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [ACC2] PIG(6) vs RA(3)

Postby padsta on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:28 am

------------------------------------------------------------

line drawn under the whole issue, now lets get back to enjoying the war
send me an invite if you are looking for teammate medal
Captain padsta

Postby Janomike on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:30 am

Well played games so far, no place for mistakes against you guys :(

Very interesting war so far.

You guys are really lucky that i stopped eating pork lately ;)
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier Janomike

Postby Gunn217 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:52 am

I'm going to leave the score as it is. I think it would be more confusing to put the games won in the heading, then change the score after calculating it at the end.
Major Gunn217

Re: [ACC2] PIG(18) vs RA(11)

Postby Gunn217 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:20 pm

We remade the PIG singles game due to a labeling error on my part.
Major Gunn217

Postby Conchobar on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:45 am

So pedantic.
Colonel Conchobar

Postby VioIet on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:16 am

Conchobar wrote:So pedantic.

I like pedanticness :) If that is even a word though... :?

Thank you for remaking the games Gunn. I plan to make RA's tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. I know my "busy-ness" lately has been annoying, but I should finally have some time tomorrow.
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Re: [ACC2] PIG(25) vs RA(30)

Postby Janomike on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:39 am

sorry but according to the ACC rules, the indian empire Game 12212957
should not count as victory for you guys:

"A round limit of 20 rounds (for singles and doubles) and 30 rounds (for trips and quads) will be set - there will be no result if there is no winner within the limit. It is anticipated that this will only occur extremely rarely and is only introduced to prevent a stalemate-game from holding the tournament up."

same goes for Game 12329342 but this doesnt change the result of the single bout as scipio
won the other game!
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier Janomike

Postby Gunn217 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:13 am

Janomike wrote:sorry but according to the ACC rules, the indian empire Game 12212957
should not count as victory for you guys:

"A round limit of 20 rounds (for singles and doubles) and 30 rounds (for trips and quads) will be set - there will be no result if there is no winner within the limit. It is anticipated that this will only occur extremely rarely and is only introduced to prevent a stalemate-game from holding the tournament up."

same goes for Game 12329342 but this doesnt change the result of the single bout as scipio
won the other game!

Yeah, the games was supposed to be made with a round limit. But it shouldn't matter. Whoever wins the monsters game wins the war. And you guys appear to be winning that one.

EDIT: Assuming we win NYC.
Major Gunn217

Postby Conchobar on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:10 pm

Janomike wrote:"A round limit of 20 rounds (for singles and doubles) and 30 rounds (for trips and quads) will be set - there will be no result if there is no winner within the limit. It is anticipated that this will only occur extremely rarely and is only introduced to prevent a stalemate-game from holding the tournament up."

What a retarded rule.
Colonel Conchobar

Re: [ACC2] PIG(24) vs RA(30)

Postby Janomike on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:29 pm

I agree!
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier Janomike

Postby Ickyketseddie on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:39 pm

I think it was put in for fear of hive no spoils or similar things holding up the tourney. Maybe he should have thought about putting a rule in for when the TO vanishes halfway through the competition! :lol:
Captain Ickyketseddie

Postby VioIet on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:12 am

LOL Eddie! :lol: :D

I agree that the rule is quite dumb, and I hate the round limits, to be honest. The Pigs really did deserve to have that win for the AH dubs game. But we have to stick to the rules.

I think maybe in consideration for ACC 3 (if there is one with a different TO), the round limit should count only on certain maps (such as Hive), and would be agreed to between to participating clans.

DS will be a win for The Pigs for sure. NYC will most likely be won by The Pigs, but it isn't over.

And as long as nothing crazy happens, I think RA will win Monsters.

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby Dibbler on Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:48 pm

What I can't understand is why 20 rounds for doubles games and 30 for trips and quads? Isn't it far less likely that a quads or trips game gets to 30 rounds? 20 in dubs, though unlikely is far more likely then 30 in trips and doubles. It should be the other way around or 30 for both or actually put the round limit in the games.
Highest Score: Brigadier- 3229 points
Highest Placing: 49 - December 6, 2011
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Dibbler

Postby Gunn217 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:22 pm

13th Quads Game
Game 12219772--Italy(R) **RA**

This game has been listed as a tiebreaker. It was actually just the 13th Quad Random game. Fixed the OP to read correctly.
Major Gunn217

Re: [ACC2] PIG(26) vs RA(30)

Postby John Deere on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:39 pm

WOW! Nice showing RA! We noticed you guys playing better last time we played :)
Thanks grifftron for the pic! Your the man:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjwAucpiC6Q&list=QL&playnext=1
Major John Deere

Postby VioIet on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:40 am

Thanks John Deere! While of course, I have to admit that we've improved since then, we did put up a terrible showing when we played against The Pack last year. We also should've performed better in CL4- but we were having some issues at the time. Small number of members, one leader doing everything, members overwhelmed with game load, etc.

We now have more members and another leader, which helps a lot! For the past six months, we kept under the radar and didn't play a single clan event. So no one knew.

This war is down to one game. I think The Pigs are favored to win that game- but it can go back and forth. We'll see. Even if RA loses this war, I think it shows that were not quite as bad as people may think :P

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby ukberger on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:54 am

It does appear to be coming down to the wire, and it looks like the winner of Game 12219756 will take the war. If RA wins, they would take the war on points, and, if PIG wins, we will tie in points and in number of team games won, and so we would win for having won more quads and trips games. Either way, nice work to both sides, hard to get more competitive than this.
Colonel ukberger

Postby grifftron on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:02 am

Exciting war. If it looks like a 30 - 30 and this war is resting on Game 12219756 like the above post said it makes this war even better. RA has been working very hard and even though they are not the highest on the rankings, they have taken on a lot of players that I would consider dangerous players.

Looking forward to the results here.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Re: [ACC2] PIG(28) vs RA(30)

Postby Gunn217 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:57 am

Score updated.

For those of you keeping up...it comes down to the Monsters Quads game, which has gone back and forth several times. If RA wins, they win on score alone. If PIG wins, we win due to the tiebreaking rule of the most wins in team games wins the war.

I should also note that if the game reaches the 30 round limit the score will be nullified and RA will again win on points.

I'm exhausted after this war but it has been extremely entertaining. How entertaining will depend on if we win or not... 8-[
Major Gunn217

Postby Falkomagno on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:10 am

Gunn217 wrote:Score updated.

For those of you keeping up...it comes down to the Monsters Quads game, which has gone back and forth several times. If RA wins, they win on score alone. If PIG wins, we win due to the tiebreaking rule of the most wins in team games wins the war.

I should also note that if the game reaches the 30 round limit the score will be nullified and RA will again win on points.

I'm exhausted after this war but it has been extremely entertaining. How entertaining will depend on if we win or not... 8-[

Wow. That's a huge responsibility! I hope a clear outcome, hopefully towards RA Win.
Sergeant Falkomagno

Location: Even in a rock or in a piece of wood. In sunsets often

Postby Gunn217 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:04 am

The monsters game is nearly over in favor of the PIGs. Great war RA. Good luck in the future!

=D> =D>
Major Gunn217

Postby IR1SH ACE on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:05 am

yeah well played RA.....had us all sweatin but happy to see it come out in our favour in the end...best of luck in the future

well done PIG's =D> =D>
Major IR1SH ACE

Postby VioIet on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:55 am

Well, that was a bit premature. But yes, it looks like The Pigs are going to win this war, as there is no way that RA can recover in Monsters.

So well done and well played.

RA wishes The Pigs good luck in the next round of ACC. Now you have to take the title! That way, RA can say that we lost to the champs.

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby Conchobar on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:00 pm

Yep good war RA, you guys definitely surprised us & you lived up to your name with your crazy attacking tactics.

To be fair you guys getting to the semi-finals by winning one war wouldn't have sat quite right with me since we had to win three but that's the fault of others not yours. We'll do our best to win it for you but there are four really good clans in the semis so it's going to be tough. Up next the Pigs are going to drink some frat boys under the table. Can't wait! :lol:
Colonel Conchobar

Postby VioIet on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:50 am

Conchobar wrote:Yep good war RA, you guys definitely surprised us & you lived up to your name with your crazy attacking tactics.

LOL! For sure! :P

Conchobar wrote:To be fair you guys getting to the semi-finals by winning one war wouldn't have sat quite right with me since we had to win three but that's the fault of others not yours.

I actually agree with you here. The structure was quite strange. I think we got a bye in the first round or something- and I still don't quite understand that one. Then BOTFM tanked on us in the second round.

To be honest, I would have loved for RA to have been able to play three full rounds, instead of just one. It would have been great experience for us, and it also would have put our name out there more.

We feel like we are underrated mostly because we haven't had the opportunity to play many wars since the merge, so no one really knows about us. Then when we enter something like ACC- we lose out on getting to play the first two rounds :|

Also, RA did get lucky with the singles and doubles games- with the dumb round limit thing. The Pigs definitely won this war, as they won more games. The close score was due to some minor technicalities.

Private 1st Class VioIet

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges