Conquer Club

As you go reinforcements?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

As you go reinforcements?

Postby Goober on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:53 pm

Has it ever been talked about to have an option to be able to reinforce from other conecting areas as you move and attack? I think that would make for a neat option to have and change game play and strategy for all the maps.

Just a thought and maybe others have thought of it and its been brought up but I didnt see it so I figured I would ask.
Lieutenant Goober

Re: As you go reinforcements?

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:11 am

Sounds crazy at first...But that's how the ancient Warriors did it.Alexander the Great...Hannibal used this to make his army stronger as he went from Spain through the Alps and in to Italy.In the Second Punic War....Getting Gauls,and even other Italian states to join his fight against Rome.Even Nathanal Greene did it to get torries to switch over to the US side as he marched in his southern campaign,in The Revolutionary War..So it sounds KOOl after all ..nice thinking..Thank You Kindly.ConfederateSS ..out!!!!!!!
Sergeant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby greenoaks on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:32 am

i don't see this working.

we can already reinforce from connecting areas.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby betiko on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:59 am

not sure I get it, what I understand is that you want to be able to attack and do forts at the same time? seems like way too big of an advantage for the one starting first!

otherwise just play unlimited forts team freestyle, that's kind of what it is..
Major betiko

Postby Gilligan on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:37 am

I think he means to make attacks and reinforcements in the same stage.

IE, attack Spain, reinforce, attack Italy, etc etc
Captain Gilligan

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:36 pm

In real life it took years to do such a thing by the Warriors.But it mirrors what Goober wants to do in one swooping turn.Have troops in China and Indonesia.Attack Siam from Indonesia,advance.Reinforce Siam with troops from China.Attack India from Siam,and keep going if you can to Victory.ETC.ETC.ETC.ETC.........ConfederateSS....out!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S...Somewhere Albert Lamorisse(The Frenchman)who invented our favorite game is smiling.I watched his movie "The Red Balloon" in grade school..What a talent ,a writer,movies and a trend setter.When is C.C. going to have Lamorisse Day?...."Born on Jan.13th"..............
Sergeant ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby Koganosi on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:59 pm

If its like unlimited forts then. First turn seems strong. REALLY REALLY STRONG!

Urs

Koganosi
Major Koganosi

Postby Goober on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:33 pm

Yes, I was thinking to be able to not only advance from where you just attacked from but from chained areas be able to advance and fort to on area as you go. I know that in a sequential game the player that moves first can have the advantage, but such is the bread so to speak everything is random as far as drops and who goes first anyhow. If it is played in an freestyle game then its fair for all. It might not be everyones cup of tea but that is why it would be an option just like fog, not everyone likes fog but its an option.

Now, I dont know anything about how it would be implemented and so I'm not going to say too much because I dont know if it is worth the trouble to make that an option. I just was wonder about it.

Maybe make it something that you get peanlized for, like for every area the troops have to move you lose 1 or a percentage and at a minimum 1 or something like that. So if you have 3 on Chicago, LA, and Bogota and then you take Mexico City you can still in attack mode send your troops from Chicago and LA to Bogota and then attack Lima and Sao Paulo and so on and so forth. Now with a penalty for the move if that was incorperated you wouldnt be able to send Chicago while in attack mode because you would loose all your troops because you would only have two that can be sent and it cost three to get there but from LA you could send one. At the start of the game you wouldnt have enough on most areas to make it a big advantage. but later in the game if you think its worth it you can do it.
Lieutenant Goober

Postby Goober on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:38 pm

sorry for mis-spellings and such(penalized) I was like a good cop/role model typing and driving.
Lieutenant Goober

Postby Flavordice on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:15 pm

I'm sure this is brought up a lot, but what about combined assaults. Like, simultaneously attacking from several territories into one. Would that introduce similar inbalance and first turn advantage?
Captain Flavordice

Postby greenoaks on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:20 am

try the setting Trench Warfare. that allows you to advance fort, advance fort, advance fort.
Sergeant greenoaks

Return to Conquer Club Discussion