Conquer Club

Skyrim...what happened?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Skyrim...what happened?

Postby CreepersWiener on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:32 pm

Is everyone Skyrimmed out now? Nobody ever says anything about it anymore.

At one time it was made out to be the greatest RPG of all time...now, rarely a murmur--not even a whisper in the wind.

I lost interest in it when I took it out and didn't put it back in the case. I left it on the floor like a moron. Then...my dad stepped on it.

My dad stepped on my SKYRIM!

I never entered that world again after that.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Re: Skyrim...what happened?

Postby nagerous on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:35 pm

CreepersWiener wrote:Is everyone Skyrimmed out now? Nobody ever says anything about it anymore.

At one time it was made out to be the greatest RPG of all time...now, rarely a murmur--not even a whisper in the wind.

I lost interest in it when I took it out and didn't put it back in the case. I left it on the floor like a moron. Then...my dad stepped on it.

My dad stepped on my SKYRIM!

I never entered that world again after that.

Haven't played it in a while, then again I've been too busy for PS3ing recently. Games seem to have a particularly short shelf life and the companies are partly to blame for that with there always being a new release of a series like Call of Duty every year.
Captain nagerous

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:38 pm

Let's face it. There's low replay value in this kind of single-player game. If they implemented a co-op/two player-two system option, then Skyrim's long-term profits would likely increase.

The ultimate game would be Skyrim's map and characters combined with Dark Souls' melee fighting style. Dark Souls' "spirit/co-op system" should be modified with a more co-op/two-player option. In other words, your friend wouldn't join you as some spirit, but rather as someone directly joining the Closed Game or Open Game--like on Diablo 2.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby ManBungalow on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:40 pm

Please god nobody make an arrow-to-the-knee joke about this.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:18 pm

Steam is still selling it at full price.

Its followed the life cycle of all games. I stopped playing when my CD got to scratched because of my son, which was the xbox version.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby xeno on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:45 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Let's face it. There's low replay value in this kind of single-player game. If they implemented a co-op/two player-two system option, then Skyrim's long-term profits would likely increase.

The ultimate game would be Skyrim's map and characters combined with Dark Souls' melee fighting style. Dark Souls' "spirit/co-op system" should be modified with a more co-op/two-player option. In other words, your friend wouldn't join you as some spirit, but rather as someone directly joining the Closed Game or Open Game--like on Diablo 2.

Funny, I'm usually the one coat tailing every skyrim post saying how much better dark souls is. And I think the phantoms give dark souls an element of online play that no one else has I love it!
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:52 pm

xeno wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Let's face it. There's low replay value in this kind of single-player game. If they implemented a co-op/two player-two system option, then Skyrim's long-term profits would likely increase.

Funny, I'm usually the one coat tailing every skyrim post saying how much better dark souls is. And I think the phantoms give dark souls an element of online play that no one else has I love it!

Exactly. Skyrim + Dark Souls + Diablo 2 = ultimate RPG.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby nietzsche on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:56 pm

ManBungalow wrote:Please god nobody make an arrow-to-the-knee joke about this.

el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby nietzsche on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:57 pm

I want to get a PSP or whatever they are called now, mainly to play baseball and racing games, perhaps some gta.

what should i buy? I dont get it with psp1000, 2000, 3000, go, vita.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby CreepersWiener on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:49 pm

Well, you could buy a PS4 if we were ever allowed to see the damned thing!

The only thing we were allowed to see was the controller!

Click image to enlarge.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby muy_thaiguy on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:54 pm

Been waiting on new content for it. Already played through the majority of the quests, even on DLC. It's a good game, but the first part can become tedious, and the melee fighting just looks so clunky.

Though it seems a multiplayer Elder Scrolls game is in the works.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:26 pm

I'm playing it again. It has limited replayability unless you're me and only get to play for half an hour a day if you're lucky.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:17 am

thegreekdog wrote:I'm playing it again. It has limited replayability unless you're me and only get to play for half an hour a day if you're lucky.

Or you still have never finished the main quest or explored the entire map yet. I got tuckered out in the Summer. I'll probably pick it up again sometime.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby tkr4lf on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:58 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Let's face it. There's low replay value in this kind of single-player game.

I disagree.

If the game is well made, and there is a highly active modding community, then these types of games can have nearly infinite replay value. For instance, I still play Morrowind over 10 years after it was released. Granted, it's a heavily modded Morrowind, but you can do the same thing with Skyrim, and probably even cooler things since the engine is so much more powerful that Morrowind's.

I don't know though, since I only got to play it for about a week, you could very well be right about Skyrim. I do know that when you take an RPG game and strip it of most of the RPG mechanics, then it's not as good of an RPG as it could have been. I find it funny that one of the earlier mods made was one to add back in primary attributes (strength, willpower, etc.).
Major tkr4lf

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:00 pm

tkr4lf wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Let's face it. There's low replay value in this kind of single-player game.

I disagree.

If the game is well made, and there is a highly active modding community, then these types of games can have nearly infinite replay value. For instance, I still play Morrowind over 10 years after it was released. Granted, it's a heavily modded Morrowind, but you can do the same thing with Skyrim, and probably even cooler things since the engine is so much more powerful that Morrowind's.

I don't know though, since I only got to play it for about a week, you could very well be right about Skyrim. I do know that when you take an RPG game and strip it of most of the RPG mechanics, then it's not as good of an RPG as it could have been. I find it funny that one of the earlier mods made was one to add back in primary attributes (strength, willpower, etc.).

Oof, I forgot about the modding community. Yeah, for PC games, that community definitely increases replay value. I've had the lesser experience of playing Skyrim on PS3 instead, so that's where my criticism is rooted.

I just really want a good RPG with a reasonable co-op feature--similar to Baldur's Gate, where you can have a friend simply join your party and smash some innocent civilians. YES!!!
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby macbone on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:05 pm

Yup, I still play Morrowind, too. The modding community is awesome!
Colonel macbone

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:45 pm

'sfunny, I just started a new character on Morrowind. Never got to beat it the first time cuz the original Xbox crapped out. Having a blast with it. I agree with BBS to some extent. The whole time I played Oblivion I really hoped for somebody who would could join my game.

I have mixed feelings on Dark Souls' multiplayer. On one hand it's a lot of fun, except for the annoying griefers that are present in any online game (looking at Forest Covenant fights), but I wish it was allowed for more specificity. Like, if I could just invite a friend through the menu rather than having to plan where you'd meet up and then summon them.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby InkL0sed on Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:11 pm

I'm playing Skyrim right now. When I started out, I decided my character would focus entirely on Speech, avoiding all combat. Now my Speech is 95 and my Pickpocket 96, so I've switched focus to magic – and my Destruction is 70, Conjuration 66, and Illusion 59. All at level 35.

It's kind of obscene how fast I'm levelling skills. My only problem is I'm not getting perks fast enough to keep up.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:10 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:'sfunny, I just started a new character on Morrowind. Never got to beat it the first time cuz the original Xbox crapped out. Having a blast with it. I agree with BBS to some extent. The whole time I played Oblivion I really hoped for somebody who would could join my game.

I have mixed feelings on Dark Souls' multiplayer. On one hand it's a lot of fun, except for the annoying griefers that are present in any online game (looking at Forest Covenant fights), but I wish it was allowed for more specificity. Like, if I could just invite a friend through the menu rather than having to plan where you'd meet up and then summon them.

-TG

Yeah, exactly. And have the game prohibit red raiders (or whatever they're called) from joining in.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby CreepersWiener on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:31 pm

InkL0sed wrote:I'm playing Skyrim right now. When I started out, I decided my character would focus entirely on Speech, avoiding all combat. Now my Speech is 95 and my Pickpocket 96, so I've switched focus to magic – and my Destruction is 70, Conjuration 66, and Illusion 59. All at level 35.

It's kind of obscene how fast I'm levelling skills. My only problem is I'm not getting perks fast enough to keep up.

Illusion is the easiest to level up (especially if you are a High Elf). Go to your house, park your butt by your bed, and cast Muffle as much as you can (as a High Elf, use your magic regeneration power, you will be able to cast more spells this way). Once you have burned up all your magic, go to bed and wake up. Rinse and repeat...you will level up quick.

I find it interesting that you chose Speech to focus on. How is that working out for you?
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:43 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
tkr4lf wrote:

I disagree.

Oof, I forgot about the modding community. Yeah, for PC games, that community definitely increases replay value. I've had the lesser experience of playing Skyrim on PS3 instead, so that's where my criticism is rooted.

I just really want a good RPG with a reasonable co-op feature--similar to Baldur's Gate, where you can have a friend simply join your party and smash some innocent civilians. YES!!!

Can't kill some annoying brats though. They're immortal. You can wipe out just about any other character in the series (with a handfull of exceptions) but the children, who should be the weakest, cannot die.

BTW, has the Dragonborn DLC made it to the PS3 yet? I know they were having some coding problems due to the language stuff.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby Serbia on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:35 pm

I'm getting off CC to play it right now. BYE!
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby kentington on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:11 pm

I am going to see if my brother will by it for my birthday. What are your favorite mods and do I need to implement them before I start a game or is during ok?
Bruceswar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:We all had tons of men..
Sergeant kentington

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:08 pm

kentington wrote:I am going to see if my brother will by it for my birthday. What are your favorite mods and do I need to implement them before I start a game or is during ok?

I'd assume during would be alright, but you may want to check on that on the sites with the mods and ask the people there.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby Lootifer on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:17 pm

How many other [non-mmo] games have threads asking about it like well over a year after its release?

Not many.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,