Conquer Club

Is Quentin Tarantino racist?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Is Quentin Tarantino racist?

Total votes : 0

Re: Is Quentin Tarantino racist?

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:09 pm

Imho Tarantino dialogue is like this: He's trying to figure out what would be the absolute coolest thing someone might say at that precise moment but the problem is he personally is the antithesis of cool so he has no possible chance of getting it right. I suppose it appeals to other people who are socially awkward and arguably it's a successful method since a good deal of people fall into this category but it's just not stuff you would ever want to regard as authentic in any way.
Overall effect of this combination of awkwardness and worship of larger than life personae(mostly borrowed from comic books) is cheesy/corny/embarrassing to watch dialogue. No.1 rule of writing: Stick with what you know from real life, else you come off as a jock-sniffer.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:45 pm

Funky, I know you don't understand "funny", so why would I put it past you to understand Tarantino dialogue?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:53 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Funky, I know you don't understand "funny", so why would I put it past you to understand Tarantino dialogue?

My statement was not specifically directed at "funny" dialogue, aog. It was in reference to the dialogue in general, which in my opinion is lacking. Does dialogue include "funny" dialogue? I suppose so, but this just equates to the "funny" dialogue being poor as well. It's not a matter of understanding it, it's a matter of taste and I find the flavor decidedly obvious to the point of embarrassing.
Speaking of your proposed authority on what's funny, why do you cling so heavily to humor as your defining characteristic, aog? Jokes are fine but when you attach too much of your identity to such a subjective trait it's bound to disappoint since as much as you would like think that your idea of funny holds more weight than that of someone else, it's simply not true. I mean, you're challenging my qualifications for funny as though these sorts of things were set in stone. Do you realize how irrational and petty that sounds?
Last edited by Funkyterrance on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Army of GOD on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:03 am

0/10

obvious troll is obvious
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:59 am

Army of GOD wrote:0/10

obvious troll is obvious

Was it the Jock-Sniffer comment that set you off aog?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby kentington on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:16 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:0/10

obvious troll is obvious

Was it the Jock-Sniffer comment that set you off aog?

What's wrong with sniffing jocks? They don't seem to mind.
Bruceswar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:We all had tons of men..
Sergeant kentington

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:28 am

Funkyterrance wrote:Imho Funkyterrance dialogue is like this: He's trying to figure out what would be the absolute most pretentious thing someone might say at that precise moment but the problem is he personally is the antithesis of suave so he has no possible chance of getting it right. I suppose it appeals to other people who are socially awkward and arguably it's a successful method since a good deal of people fall into this category but it's just not stuff you would ever want to regard as authentic in any way.
Overall effect of this combination of awkwardness and denigration of larger than life personae(mostly borrowed from his ass) is cheesy/corny/embarrassing to watch dialogue. No.1 rule of writing: Stick with what you know from real life, else you come off as a snob.
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:30 am

nagerous wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
kent wrote:I can't stand anybody getting raped or anything.

Don't watch Pulp Fiction.

Resevoir Dogs might be okay, but there is one scene in particular that you might not enjoy. However, it is the best scene in the movie.

-TG

The gimp's sleeping.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,