Conquer Club

Why do we even have truces in this game????

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Why do we even have truces in this game????

Postby firesheff on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:54 pm

Game #11426035

On two separate occasions in this game I made a truce with one round notice and both were broken by both players I'm going up against. Their reason for breaking the truce is I was too big. Is this the norm? Should I even attempt truces?
Sergeant firesheff

Re: Why do we even have truces in this game????

Postby Just_essence on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:50 pm

Very normal. Remember, they both do not want you to kill one or the other. Why? Because your victory will soon follow, as you would then only have one target left. You're unlucky to have this as a game, as a three-player game is very frustrating, especially with flat rate or no spoils. Truces are not to be trusted (in your situation right now). In other games, truces are kept much better.
Private Just_essence

Postby firesheff on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:08 am

Thanks Just_essence! It is extremely frustrating. Now I see why people play with round limits.... I have never broken a truce, I think it's bad business.
Sergeant firesheff

Postby Jippd on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:49 am

The quality of the truce you have is directly dependent upon the integrity of the player. It will vary from player to player. I would imagine there are A LOT of players that don't keep their word on this site, but that doesn't mean that everyone lies.
Major Jippd

Postby ZeekLTK on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:03 am

Always assume the truce you have will be broken when that player takes his next turn - every time.

If he keeps his word and doesn't break it yet, then it's a bonus. lol

I had one game recently where I made a truce with a player and then every turn I'd put a few extra troops right behind the border with him that he couldn't see (due to fog). So I had like 9 on his border and after a handful of rounds I had about 25 behind that 9. He decided he was going to try to "surprise me" and attacked my 9 without warning... and then he was surprised to find the 25 waiting for him. lol
Lieutenant ZeekLTK

Return to Conquer Club Discussion