Conquer Club

++No Handlebars[6/11]Endgame:Without a Trace (Mafia Wins!)++

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: ++No Handlebars[6/11]Endgame:Without a Trace (Mafia Wins

Postby rishaed on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:44 am

Nebuchadnezer wrote:At first, I thought the we (mafia) were overpowered, but looking at the town roles, I think we really did get lucky. I was even pushing for Little Witt to be targeted with our nightkill on the last night...which would have been trouble.

Thanks Rishaed for the game!

I was worried that having all your actions and having a NK would make you OP. If NG1 had detonated his bomb D2, I would have skipped straight to N3. (Because of all the chaos that it caused 8-) ) However if Neb hadn't PM'd me right before the deadline for an extension, then there would have been 4 deaths Night 2 instead of just 2 and it would have become LYLO. (PCM, Nendreel, Aage, and S7C).
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby rishaed on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:45 am

I do have a question though. . . Why were you so intent on Vigging S7C aage?
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby aage on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:54 am

rishaed wrote:I do have a question though. . . Why were you so intent on Vigging S7C aage?

Cause he was scummy as hell. I thought of investigating him, but that would've been way too slow for this small a game. My action getting blocked only confirmed my suspicions.

It needs to be said, though, that town didn't really have much of a chance. Potentially three kills in a night, two investigations at most and two roleblocks? And you put THREE scum in the mafia team? That's two mislynches.
Also, Jonty, why didn't you use your action?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Gustaf Wasa on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:47 am

Good game, guys!

Ouch, three Mafia, I was sure the whole time there would only be two. And one of the non-Mafia was a survivor, so the number of Mafia matches the number of townies this early. I didn't see that coming.

I was suspicious of Hippo though, just thought he sounded scummy throughout. Nice to see I was right. But I thought I wouldn't get people to follow me in a lynch, Hippo would have fought it loudly and asked for proof, which I didn't have. Never good when one of those who post the most is Mafia, they are tough to get rid of. So many players are quiet and don't want to get into a fight, so they shy away from following a vote on an active player, afraid he will target them for a debate.

I really thought it would be a good idea to bandwagon on jonty. If he lied about his role, a Mafia would be gone. If he was telling the truth, he could place votes on someone else, and we would have a chance to get a Mafia that way. (I didn't think Little Witt would be Mafia, he didn't sound like it, so while I said jonty could target the inactive Witt, I really hoped he would pick someone else.) But - he didn't use the ability. And now here we are.

Also too bad that I as Watcher was killed the first night. Or so I thought. But we seemed to have had quite a few power roles. (While my second power role was completely passive; Gambler with 50 percent chance of escaping a night kill. I missed my Watcher role, with that I could have helped out.)
General Gustaf Wasa

Postby rishaed on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:14 pm

aage wrote:
rishaed wrote:I do have a question though. . . Why were you so intent on Vigging S7C aage?

Cause he was scummy as hell. I thought of investigating him, but that would've been way too slow for this small a game. My action getting blocked only confirmed my suspicions.

It needs to be said, though, that town didn't really have much of a chance. Potentially three kills in a night, two investigations at most and two roleblocks? And you put THREE scum in the mafia team? That's two mislynches.

But After hippo lied about tracking you to Jonty, you should have vigged him seeing as it was absolute confirmation that he was scum? I mean doesn't usually go 100% scum over 90%? I mean the fact that he said that he tracked you anywhere should have sent the red flag up considering I would have told him you wouldn't have gone anywhere. (Perfect Camo Attribute). Other than the fact that he claimed you visited Jonty when you visited S7C, claimed two different night actions, and basically should have set off just about every scum sensor that there was. :roll:
For Mafia numbers I just did a third, and the fact of two mislynches was exactly why I enforced a No Lynch without a majority. (though that might have killed discussion so I might not do that in the future.) The setup was 7 town 1 survivor (who logically could act as town and as long as he didn't get lynched he was a thorn in the mafias side) and 3 Mafia.

Postby aage on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:27 pm

rishaed wrote:
aage wrote:

But After hippo lied about tracking you to Jonty, you should have vigged him seeing as it was absolute confirmation that he was scum? I mean doesn't usually go 100% scum over 90%? I mean the fact that he said that he tracked you anywhere should have sent the red flag up considering I would have told him you wouldn't have gone anywhere. (Perfect Camo Attribute). Other than the fact that he claimed you visited Jonty when you visited S7C, claimed two different night actions, and basically should have set off just about every scum sensor that there was. :roll:
For Mafia numbers I just did a third, and the fact of two mislynches was exactly why I enforced a No Lynch without a majority. (though that might have killed discussion so I might not do that in the future.) The setup was 7 town 1 survivor (who logically could act as town and as long as he didn't get lynched he was a thorn in the mafias side) and 3 Mafia.

Be warned This game may quite possibly be very unbalanced in gameplay, as I will be testing role ideas, Scum roles are decided randomly so just because a role sounds scummy does not mean automatically that it is a scum role.
It was a judgement call whether he was lying or not. It could have been a weird mechanic. I suspected a busdrive or such. Hence why I wanted to have Jonty lynched; it would make sense for him to have been bulletproof and Hippo tracking me to him.

And honestly, I never bought the camo as an actual power. I distrust mods. (Really? An invisible town JOAT?)
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby rishaed on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:53 pm

I did say in the OP that the roles were randomized. Mafia used the forgetfulness of this fact against you. I matched roles/ideas up, the perfect camo was the idea, the role in my mind that went with it in this game is the JOAT. And why would I put in your role discription if it didn't exist as part of your role?? I figured for sure you would have vigged Hippo in the night >.>. Just as Jonty's role could either be Mafia/Town, yours could as well. The only "fixed role" was Witts, because he was practically invincible to night actions, so I made him 3rd party.

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:44 am

Well, I'll never get away with that one again! ;)
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby rishaed on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:36 am

If everyones done discussing, then PCM could you archive this?

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives