Conquer Club

How to join

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

How to join

Postby Armandolas on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:39 pm

Hello
I allways wandered how could i join Soc
Maybe i didnt read much or didnt read the right stuff, but i was never able to be sure if im elegible to the program or if so how or what to do.
Maybe some of you can help me
Thanks in advance
Cheers
Colonel Armandolas

Re: How to join

Postby Koganosi on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:30 am

THere is some posts about it somewhere looking into it.

You seem to have standard golden medal and a terminator silver. I thought according to the rules your not able to apply then. Also since your rank is higher then captain that would add up to it.

Found it btw:

Students will be added based on availability of space and staff discretion. Applicants with Gold Medals in Standard or Terminator will not be accepted. We are all volunteers who enjoy giving back to the community here; please do not apply if you are only chasing medals.

Urs

Koganosi
Major Koganosi

Postby Armandolas on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:50 am

Ive readed that part as well, and still had some doubts.
But i thought it would be usefull for increasing skills in other gamestyles than terminator and standard.
That was my doubt

So my question is answered
Thanks for that ;)
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Koganosi on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:06 pm

Armandolas wrote:Ive readed that part as well, and still had some doubts.
But i thought it would be usefull for increasing skills in other gamestyles than terminator and standard.
That was my doubt

So my question is answered
Thanks for that ;)

Other skills in wich dubs, trips, quads, involved aka teamgames. Might be possible!

Reading the rules in the other topic:

Rule 1 - This is training, it is meant to be fun. At no time, can you pick a fight with anyone else in the group. If you have a disagreement, begin with a cool and level headed approach of pm them. If that does not resolve the problem pm me and will work it out with the conflicting parties. This is to be a drama free and happy atmosphere and I plan to keep it that way

Rule 2 - Missed turns are unacceptable. From the beginning students should fine turn buddies to help them take their turns on time. The buddy must be a fellow student or a teacher. If a student misses more then 3 turns in training they are kicked out of team training for 2 months. If they still want to try again they can make an application detailing what they will gain from the training and how they have learned from their mistakes.

Rule 3 - students must post ideas on strategy, there cannot be any round in which they play where they do not give their best idea and then work out how it is good or bad and whether they can make a better move. The posting will be done in a classroom and thread specifically setup for your games. This is mandatory, if you do not post then you will be removed from team training. You can not learn if you are letting your teacher do all of the thinking for you. Teachers are there to guide you, not tell you what to do. Give a man a fish, feed a man for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life.

Rule 4 - You must write a short paragraph or application on who you are and why you are interested in being a part of the team training academy. Please send this application to macbone via Private Message.

Rule 5 -Students must be committed to this program as it is intensive and will be hard to pass. The point of this program is to teach team games not just give someone a general understanding. I can teach a man how to make fire with matches….once he runs out of matches then what will he do. Better to teach students in the way that will sustain their play.

I look forward to meeting you and helping students learn the ins and outs of team training. I will keep a log here of students who sign up.

These are. Else msg a teacher they might know more about, example of that is Macbone.

Urs

Koganosi
Major Koganosi

Postby Armandolas on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:10 pm

Thanks for info mate ;)
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Koganosi on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:12 pm

Armandolas wrote:Thanks for info mate ;)

No worries. Thats what I am here for ;)!

Gl.

Urs

Koganosi
Major Koganosi

Postby dhallmeyer on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:48 am

Sorry for the delayed official response.
Armandolas you are overqualified to join as a singles student here:
viewtopic.php?f=341&t=186065
If you'd like to try out for our teacher program you are welcome to.

If you're interested in joining our team training program, check out this link and do what it says.
viewtopic.php?f=341&t=148054

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.
Captain dhallmeyer
Senior SoC Training Instructor
Senior SoC Training Instructor

Postby Armandolas on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:22 pm

thanks for answer ;)
Colonel Armandolas

Return to SoC Training Grounds