Conquer Club

Lack of US politics threads

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Lack of US politics threads

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:10 pm

The United States is clearly apolitical.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:44 pm

I second gay sex
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:34 pm

Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby notyou2 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:42 pm

Night Strike wrote:It's just because it gets really old pointing out the hypocrisy of the president and his fawning media on every single topic while people around here continue to defend those same horrible and hypocritical policies.

I appreciate the fact that you are refraining from posting your horribly hypocritical views of the president, his party and your heroes, as well as their misguided, out of touch with reality and the world, policies.

Thanks for that. The CC community is better off.
Captain notyou2

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:14 pm

Users browsing this forum: Dukasaur, Phatscotty, vexx and 1 guest

Could it be that the Pax is about to end?
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Ray Rider on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:07 am

AndyDufresne wrote:
notyou2 wrote:Anyone have any reasons why the US political threads have petered out?

It really could be, at least partially, related to two factors: #1 Phatscotty not posting. If I search his lasts posts, these are titles of topics he created before departing in early to mid January:
show

And #2. PimpDave not posting as well. Topics he created:

show

Not a conclusive study, but I think there exists some correlation between these factors.

--Andy

+1

Much as I disagreed with many of Phatscotty's views (or his method of propounding those views), I still kinda miss those discussions here...Pimpdave not so much (no offense man, it's just that the Tea Party Joke Squad threads got boring really quick).
Highest score: 2221
Major Ray Rider

Postby Timminz on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:50 am

Yeah, whack-jobs are easier to tolerate when they're on your side of the fence, eh?
Captain Timminz

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:15 pm

Timminz wrote:Yeah, whack-jobs are easier to tolerate when they're on your side of the fence, eh?

You know, if you think about the real logistics of this metaphor, wouldn't it be easier to tolerate whack-jobs when they're not on the opposite side of your fence...because you are, well, separated?

In conclusion, we should all embrace the opposite. Here is evidentiary proof from Seinfeld.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Timminz on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:12 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Timminz wrote:Yeah, whack-jobs are easier to tolerate when they're on your side of the fence, eh?

You know, if you think about the real logistics of this metaphor, wouldn't it be easier to tolerate whack-jobs when they're not on the opposite side of your fence...because you are, well, separated?

No, because the whack-jobs on my side of the fence are too busy throwing shit at the reasonable people on the other side to be any bother to me. It's the ones on the other side, throwing their shit at me, that I can't stand.

The worst part about this analogy is that the more reasonable people on either side tend to be closer to the fence, and so end up getting covered in the shit getting thrown from the whack-jobs on both sides.
Captain Timminz

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:25 pm

Suppose a fence hugger likes being covered in shit. What then, Timminz? What then?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:08 pm

Ray Rider wrote:Much as I disagreed with many of Phatscotty's views (or his method of propounding those views), I still kinda miss those discussions here...Pimpdave not so much (no offense man, it's just that the Tea Party Joke Squad threads got boring really quick).

Pimpdave is Phatscotty's wilier half-cousin as far as political discussion threads go imho. The only difference I see in their approaches is that Phatscotty is less overt in his spamming/trolling/baiting.
Btw, I like them both equally.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Timminz on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:35 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Suppose a fence hugger likes being covered in shit. What then, Timminz? What then?

Then they'd be happy as a pig in shit. Or, I suppose, as happy as a person who enjoys being covered in shit and is currently covered in shit.
Captain Timminz

Postby tzor on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:55 pm

notyou2 wrote:Has anyone else noticed the lack of threads about the US political parties?

Do you want one? Because I really don't.

Well perhaps not; I'm just too lazy to post a "Sequestration ... bring it on baby" thread. :twisted:

Or "Carl Rove's war with the tea party or how the RINO DINOSAURS became extinct."
Cadet tzor

Postby Ray Rider on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:20 am

Timminz wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:

No, because the whack-jobs on my side of the fence are too busy throwing shit at the reasonable people on the other side to be any bother to me. It's the ones on the other side, throwing their shit at me, that I can't stand.

The worst part about this analogy is that the more reasonable people on either side tend to be closer to the fence, and so end up getting covered in the shit getting thrown from the whack-jobs on both sides.

Funkyterrance wrote:
Ray Rider wrote:Much as I disagreed with many of Phatscotty's views (or his method of propounding those views), I still kinda miss those discussions here...Pimpdave not so much (no offense man, it's just that the Tea Party Joke Squad threads got boring really quick).

Pimpdave is Phatscotty's wilier half-cousin as far as political discussion threads go imho. The only difference I see in their approaches is that Phatscotty is less overt in his spamming/trolling/baiting.
Btw, I like them both equally.

Well the difference I see is that Pimpdave brought up the exact same topic into nearly every single topic he created (the Tea Party). I'm sure he doesn't seriously believe all of what he was posting...he was trying to be funny and get people riled up, but I just couldn't see the humor in it nor any good reason to fall for the bait. Phatscotty at least had variety in his threads and the topics which were discussed, you have to admit. Yes he generally turned to Glenn Beck videos as a fall-back when he ran out of responses, but I'd prefer that to having him create 50 threads about how Occupy protestors are the masterminds behind every tragedy in the US, as PD did with the TPers.
Highest score: 2221
Major Ray Rider

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:33 am

Hey guys, have you heard about gay sex? I heard it's all the rave.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:38 am

Army of GOD wrote:Hey guys, have you heard about gay sex? I heard it's all the rave.

Sex usually makes me gay, at least for a short time after. Much more so when done with others.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Lootifer on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:55 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Suppose a fence hugger likes being covered in shit. What then, Timminz? What then?

Dont try and pretend you aint one of dem fence huggers.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:57 pm

Lootifer wrote:

Dont try and pretend you aint one of dem fence huggers.

Ideally, I bear no poo stains upon my clothing.

After being practically covered in shit, I kind of get used to it--maybe even enjoy it...

Who doesn't like a good 'ol poo fight?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Lootifer on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:09 pm

Hah, you're starting to sound like me! (was that the intention? *shifty eyes*)
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:18 pm

Lootifer wrote:Hah, you're starting to sound like me! (was that the intention? *shifty eyes*)

I'm kind of like you--except I'm compelled to argue about the tenets of markets, liberty, and public choice on a more regular basis.

If your idealistic goal is "passionless technocracy," then poo on you. Market anarchy FTW!! :D
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Lootifer on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:02 pm

The problem with my ideals are they are all apathetic. Hence doing the hard yards (i.e. actual research) just seems like too much work.

Also I am more of a mixed technocracy kinda guy. Free markets + smart people regulating them.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby notyou2 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:53 pm

Timminz wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:

It's a shit storm Randy!!! RUN!!!
Captain notyou2

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri May 17, 2013 9:36 am

We should get back to this peaceful time this topic occupied.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,