Conquer Club

Having Two Legit Accounts: Is It Doable?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:28 am

Would there be anything wrong with having a second account if there were a function barring your second account from ever playing in the same game as your first account?

I've often thought that this might be a good way to boost memberships. If you had two accounts you could play for rank with one and for fun/learning with the other. The only downsides I can see is that your lower level account would be of actually higher skill than it seemed and your higher level account would have the advantage of the user learning maps/settings without risking points.

This is kind of similar to other online games I've played where you might have a "main" account that you generally level up on and another account that you have just for kicks.

Obviously this idea is not going to be entirely beneficial but if the the good aspects of fun/increased memberships outweigh the bad I can see it potentially being a good thing overall.
Thoughts?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Re: Having Two Legit Accounts: Is It Doable?

Postby silversun6 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:34 am

but but but , its against the first rule of fight club ?!? :shock:
Colonel silversun6

Postby Jippd on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:40 am

It's not allowed.

How this could easily be abused:

You and me each have a fun and real account. You level your "fun" account down and so do I. We play these fun accounts seriously then getting easy points. Then our fun accounts play each others "Serious" accounts for a point trade boosting us up.

You have not played your accounts with or against each other but you have used your account for point stealing/leveling/hoarding whatever you want to call it.
Major Jippd

Postby greenoaks on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:51 am

your score is a reflection of all your experience. every single game, every setting, every drunken turn taken, every game played for kicks, every turn obsessed over. it is the totality of who we are & what we have played.

if you are gaining experience on another account then your first becomes invalid.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:10 am

Both points made by Greenoaks and Jippd are good. I think it was Jiipd's that sold me though. Too hard if not impossible to trace.
I'm a believer that there is a solution to every problem though and so I'm going to think on this a bit more. Aside from the ultra-purist point Greenoaks makes, you have to admit that this idea if it were enacted in a way that prevented cheating, would have a lot of perks.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby jsnyder748 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:17 am

I figure if i want to have fun and get medals then my rank will no longer matter to me.

If my rank matters then I won't play random games.

I have found a happy balance. Where I play games that I win consistently for points that combine the medals I want and play random games with teammates who also want to continue to learn.

A lot of the time I can read how a map works and look at others who also use a good strategy to win with certain settings. I have come up with a few strategies myself by playing random games with a certain idea in mind (a good example would be Antarctica. I probably played that right when it was beta and taught many people how to play. Either through copying my strategy or by asking me).

I spend time reading through game log before I play another good opponent in a setting/map that they have mastered.

so i guess what i am saying is that if you use your account right you will find the most fun style for you while being able to do what you suggest with two.
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby greenoaks on Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:09 am

Funkyterrance wrote:Both points made by Greenoaks and Jippd are good. I think it was Jiipd's that sold me though. Too hard if not impossible to trace.
I'm a believer that there is a solution to every problem though and so I'm going to think on this a bit more. Aside from the ultra-purist point Greenoaks makes, you have to admit that this idea if it were enacted in a way that prevented cheating, would have a lot of perks.

sorry mate, i don't see any perks. i am not afraid to lose points so all my games are ones i want to play, not ones i must play to increase my score.

C&A would be full of reports that someone won too many games with their 'fun' account. they are clearly playing too seriously and should be warned then banned if repeat offenders. no thanks.

i'm not interested in looking at the leaderboard and seeing the top 20 places filled by the accounts of the same 4 people.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:11 pm

greenoaks wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:Both points made by Greenoaks and Jippd are good. I think it was Jiipd's that sold me though. Too hard if not impossible to trace.

sorry mate, i don't see any perks. i am not afraid to lose points so all my games are ones i want to play, not ones i must play to increase my score.

C&A would be full of reports that someone won too many games with their 'fun' account. they are clearly playing too seriously and should be warned then banned if repeat offenders. no thanks.

i'm not interested in looking at the leaderboard and seeing the top 20 places filled by the accounts of the same 4 people.

I'm not afraid to lose point either greenoaks. I try new setting, maps, and teammates on a pretty regular basis and all of these risk points to some extent. What I don't want to happen is that I have one night of doodle games which brings me down to a point where no higher ranks want to play with me on the maps I like.
As far as the perks how about these:

-Increase in revenue for the site
-Increase in gameload, thus increasing the attractiveness to new players and old

I'm also inclined to think that if people had two accounts they would eventually tend to play their "second" account more than the first and eventually leave the first account more or less stagnant. However, they would probably continue to pay for the premium membership of this account out of habit. This might eventually lead to a less uptight and more fun site in general, who knows?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:11 pm

Swedish Chef is a legit multi.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:43 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Swedish Chef is a legit multi.

Could you post a link or something plz? I have no idea what the relevance of that quote is. :|
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby spiesr on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:51 pm

Swedish Chef is/was lack's April Fools Day multi.
Captain spiesr

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:59 pm

spiesr wrote:Swedish Chef is/was lack's April Fools Day multi.

Ahh, Ic. Nice role model lolz.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby eggrollonedolla on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:05 pm

Funky obv wants to see more usernames in the forums and game lobby. He should be allowed to create a multi to help boost membership. He has dedicated most of his adult life to increasing the population at home and in CC. Please allow him to complete his life's work. :lol:

-eggroll
Captain eggrollonedolla

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:28 pm

eggrollonedolla wrote:Funky obv wants to see more usernames in the forums and game lobby. He should be allowed to create a multi to help boost membership. He has dedicated most of his adult life to increasing the population at home and in CC. Please allow him to complete his life's work. :lol:

-eggroll

Ehehehe. How much of your adult life have you spent monitoring my activities?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby eggrollonedolla on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:02 pm

Lets just say its more then a few paychecks worth of tape...
Captain eggrollonedolla

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm

eggrollonedolla wrote:Lets just say its more then a few paychecks worth of tape...

I would just add the disclaimer that any acts found on those tapes were entirely consensual and I have documents to back this up.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby eggrollonedolla on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:51 pm

I'll add it to the end of each one. Lol
Captain eggrollonedolla

Postby gannable on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:56 pm

I asked ADMIN to make a new account in an effort to get the bad dice code away from me. however, i was told switching accounts is not allowed.
Lieutenant gannable

Postby eggrollonedolla on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:09 pm

gannable wrote:I asked ADMIN to make a new account in an effort to get the bad dice code away from me. however, i was told switching accounts is not allowed.

You should ask again.
Captain eggrollonedolla

Postby AslanTheKing on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:53 pm

yes

hAVe a look at kroin and wyasxiangwohneng
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Postby ScavengerType on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:39 pm

I've heard of people complaining that in places with a shared connection like a school or something they have problems with multiple accounts of individual users being banned due to being profiled as cheaters. The person contacted CC admins about the issue and they suggested that they get a premium account.

We can infer from this that the real role of the rule is to stop people from playing as many games as they want for free. I have no idea how this is calculated now, if it would block people using VPNs or people playing at schools/libraries. I also have no idea if they would ban your freemium account if you had a premium as well, but if you were just using it for fun, experimenting with new maps and stuff it shouldn't be the end of the world anyway.

As far as I understand they won't block or ban a premium account as they would likely have to issue a refund.
Sergeant ScavengerType

Postby greenoaks on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:29 pm

ScavengerType wrote:I've heard of people complaining that in places with a shared connection like a school or something they have problems with multiple accounts of individual users being banned due to being profiled as cheaters. The person contacted CC admins about the issue and they suggested that they get a premium account.

We can infer from this that the real role of the rule is to stop people from playing as many games as they want for free. I have no idea how this is calculated now, if it would block people using VPNs or people playing at schools/libraries. I also have no idea if they would ban your freemium account if you had a premium as well, but if you were just using it for fun, experimenting with new maps and stuff it shouldn't be the end of the world anyway.

As far as I understand they won't block or ban a premium account as they would likely have to issue a refund.

no refund required.

the site rule is only 1 account and forces you to click a box that you agree. failure to abide by that rule will lose you your premium however you can buy back in, once.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Gilligan on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:28 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
spiesr wrote:Swedish Chef is/was lack's April Fools Day multi.

Ahh, Ic. Nice role model lolz.

Best one
Captain Gilligan

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:23 am

ScavengerType wrote:As far as I understand they won't block or ban a premium account as they would likely have to issue a refund.

Nope. Premium accounts are busted quite a bit. No refunds are issued because you decided to cheat.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Return to Conquer Club Discussion