Conquer Club

Skyrim...what happened?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Skyrim...what happened?

Postby InkL0sed on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:47 pm

CreepersWiener wrote:
InkL0sed wrote:I'm playing Skyrim right now. When I started out, I decided my character would focus entirely on Speech, avoiding all combat. Now my Speech is 95 and my Pickpocket 96, so I've switched focus to magic – and my Destruction is 70, Conjuration 66, and Illusion 59. All at level 35.

It's kind of obscene how fast I'm levelling skills. My only problem is I'm not getting perks fast enough to keep up.

Illusion is the easiest to level up (especially if you are a High Elf). Go to your house, park your butt by your bed, and cast Muffle as much as you can (as a High Elf, use your magic regeneration power, you will be able to cast more spells this way). Once you have burned up all your magic, go to bed and wake up. Rinse and repeat...you will level up quick.

I find it interesting that you chose Speech to focus on. How is that working out for you?

The point is that at first I wanted to make a character that was just really good at making money, and who would be forced to avoid combat as much as any other normal citizen. Then, once I had all the Speech and Pickpocket I needed, I was going to buy all the skills from trainers and pickpocket some or all of the money back.

That part hasn't turned out as well as I hoped because you can only train five ranks in any skill per level, and ranks gradually get more expensive, making the money impossible to pickpocket back at a certain point. So now I'm running into this problem with perks.

I have a hard time fighting things but I get by – mostly because I can summon a Dremora Lord or Storm Atronach (with all of my magicka) even without the perks.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby InkL0sed on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:48 pm

Also, you're basically impossible to arrest with high enough Speech because you can persuade guards not to arrest you once per guard per day. That synergizes REALLY well with Pickpocket.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby notyou2 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:55 pm

CreepersWiener wrote:Is everyone Skyrimmed out now? Nobody ever says anything about it anymore.

At one time it was made out to be the greatest RPG of all time...now, rarely a murmur--not even a whisper in the wind.

I lost interest in it when I took it out and didn't put it back in the case. I left it on the floor like a moron. Then...my dad stepped on it.

My dad stepped on my SKYRIM!

I never entered that world again after that.

Apparently the Elders took the scrolls back.
Captain notyou2

Postby notyou2 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:57 pm

CreepersWiener wrote:
InkL0sed wrote:I'm playing Skyrim right now. When I started out, I decided my character would focus entirely on Speech, avoiding all combat. Now my Speech is 95 and my Pickpocket 96, so I've switched focus to magic – and my Destruction is 70, Conjuration 66, and Illusion 59. All at level 35.

It's kind of obscene how fast I'm levelling skills. My only problem is I'm not getting perks fast enough to keep up.

Illusion is the easiest to level up (especially if you are a High Elf). Go to your house, park your butt by your bed, and cast Muffle as much as you can (as a High Elf, use your magic regeneration power, you will be able to cast more spells this way). Once you have burned up all your magic, go to bed and wake up. Rinse and repeat...you will level up quick.

I find it interesting that you chose Speech to focus on. How is that working out for you?

What are you trying to "muffle" while lying on your bed?
Captain notyou2

Postby xeno on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:26 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:'sfunny, I just started a new character on Morrowind. Never got to beat it the first time cuz the original Xbox crapped out. Having a blast with it. I agree with BBS to some extent. The whole time I played Oblivion I really hoped for somebody who would could join my game.

I have mixed feelings on Dark Souls' multiplayer. On one hand it's a lot of fun, except for the annoying griefers that are present in any online game (looking at Forest Covenant fights), but I wish it was allowed for more specificity. Like, if I could just invite a friend through the menu rather than having to plan where you'd meet up and then summon them.

-TG

Yeah, exactly. And have the game prohibit red raiders (or whatever they're called) from joining in.

I don't know how much y'all played the multiplayer but I spent last summer getting indictments and I was in the top 1000 or so on ps3 it was intense. Lots of cigs weed and Mountain Dew and nothing is more annoying than some asshole health glitching. I hate griefers. Also bbs since I'm th red phantom you hate so much don't turn alive and I won't come kill your ass.
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:51 am

xeno wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:'sfunny, I just started a new character on Morrowind. Never got to beat it the first time cuz the original Xbox crapped out. Having a blast with it. I agree with BBS to some extent. The whole time I played Oblivion I really hoped for somebody who would could join my game.

I have mixed feelings on Dark Souls' multiplayer. On one hand it's a lot of fun, except for the annoying griefers that are present in any online game (looking at Forest Covenant fights), but I wish it was allowed for more specificity. Like, if I could just invite a friend through the menu rather than having to plan where you'd meet up and then summon them.

-TG

Yeah, exactly. And have the game prohibit red raiders (or whatever they're called) from joining in.

I don't know how much y'all played the multiplayer but I spent last summer getting indictments and I was in the top 1000 or so on ps3 it was intense. Lots of cigs weed and Mountain Dew and nothing is more annoying than some asshole health glitching. I hate griefers. Also bbs since I'm th red phantom you hate so much don't turn alive and I won't come kill your ass.

Me and my axe will sort your ass out--as soon as I get a PS3 controller charger, and then find my Dark Souls game--UGH! UGH! UGH!

My main point is that I'm differentiating between Diablo 2 multiplayer co-op, and Dark Souls 'multiplayer'. I favor the former for my ideal game.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby xeno on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:14 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
xeno wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

-TG

Me and my axe will sort your ass out--as soon as I get a PS3 controller charger, and then find my Dark Souls game--UGH! UGH! UGH!

My main point is that I'm differentiating between Diablo 2 multiplayer co-op, and Dark Souls 'multiplayer'. I favor the former for my ideal game.

Good luck with that axe. I used to low level pvp with a chaos uchigatana, giants gear, roley ring before it was nerfed and the gold ring and rape noobs like you. Those were the days!
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby xeno on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:18 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7Lp-5WdtD0

Omg omg I'm so excited!!!!! This is the greatest moment!
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby CreepersWiener on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:47 am

xeno wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7Lp-5WdtD0

Omg omg I'm so excited!!!!! This is the greatest moment!

Now, if it only played the way the trailer looked...
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby xeno on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:56 am

It's going to be better if that's possible!
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby CreepersWiener on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:03 am

xeno wrote:It's going to be better if that's possible!

Do you recommend Dark Souls, btw?
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby xeno on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:12 am

CreepersWiener wrote:

What? Of course I've only hijacked this stupid skyrim thread to talk about it! I'll go as far as to say it is my favorite game on this generation of consoles it was that good. I'm listening to the soundtrack now
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:58 am

xeno wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
xeno wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

-TG

Good luck with that axe. I used to low level pvp with a chaos uchigatana, giants gear, roley ring before it was nerfed and the gold ring and rape noobs like you. Those were the days!

You're no true man!
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:00 am

xeno wrote:
CreepersWiener wrote:

What? Of course I've only hijacked this stupid skyrim thread to talk about it! I'll go as far as to say it is my favorite game on this generation of consoles it was that good. I'm listening to the soundtrack now

It's great in some areas, and decent in others (e.g. the story, and way too decentralized merchants--i.e. no 'Warp' feature to towns where all the merchants are chillin' in one spot.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby xeno on Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:16 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
xeno wrote:
CreepersWiener wrote:

It's great in some areas, and decent in others (e.g. the story, and way too decentralized merchants--i.e. no 'Warp' feature to towns where all the merchants are chillin' in one spot.

The story is expansive! The game won't spoon feed you anything if you want to know more about it you'll have to research it yourself.

And yep I had a level 12 or so that could carry all those things I would set up around the bell tower or even darkroot forest and go off on people
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:56 am

Dark Souls seems like a game I don't want to play.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:56 pm

InkL0sed wrote:
CreepersWiener wrote:

The point is that at first I wanted to make a character that was just really good at making money, and who would be forced to avoid combat as much as any other normal citizen. Then, once I had all the Speech and Pickpocket I needed, I was going to buy all the skills from trainers and pickpocket some or all of the money back.

That part hasn't turned out as well as I hoped because you can only train five ranks in any skill per level, and ranks gradually get more expensive, making the money impossible to pickpocket back at a certain point. So now I'm running into this problem with perks.

I have a hard time fighting things but I get by – mostly because I can summon a Dremora Lord or Storm Atronach (with all of my magicka) even without the perks.

I never really bothered with speechcraft because if you have high enough illusion you can just charm the person. Skyrim may be different, but if you level up you mercantile high enough money is easy. It's also fast to build up. Just go to a merchant, charm them so they like you about >90, then buy one item at the minimum you can, then sell it back to them at max you can.
Repeat. If their disposition is high enough, you can just drain them of their money. The restocking merchants are endless money pits.

Mercantile and Alchemy = lots of money. You can buy ingredients from the restocking merchants that are really cheap, and make quite a profit. A potion that costs 10 gold to make you can sell for 50 or 60 with high enough Alchemy and a good set (using master set right now in Morrowind).

Now I'm pretty set on gold, and can buy skills to a certain level so that I don't stay bored.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:35 pm

I contemplated doing a mage-only character but that provides some unfun limitations. First, the Companion quests are pretty cool. Second, and more importantly, I'm a bit of a hoarder. I keep any weapons I find that have even a small level of magicka or are in any way unique. I feel like a pure mage-only character wouldn't do that. I also like to enchant and smith the crap out of things.

If I could only make my own spells.

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:05 am

thegreekdog wrote:I contemplated doing a mage-only character but that provides some unfun limitations. First, the Companion quests are pretty cool. Second, and more importantly, I'm a bit of a hoarder. I keep any weapons I find that have even a small level of magicka or are in any way unique. I feel like a pure mage-only character wouldn't do that. I also like to enchant and smith the crap out of things.

I was a hoarder as well. One of the things I liked about Diablo franchise when I played it, was loot hunting. Not as fun in Skyrim, but Skyrim has many other things going for it.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:12 am

AndyDufresne wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:I contemplated doing a mage-only character but that provides some unfun limitations. First, the Companion quests are pretty cool. Second, and more importantly, I'm a bit of a hoarder. I keep any weapons I find that have even a small level of magicka or are in any way unique. I feel like a pure mage-only character wouldn't do that. I also like to enchant and smith the crap out of things.

I was a hoarder as well. One of the things I liked about Diablo franchise when I played it, was loot hunting. Not as fun in Skyrim, but Skyrim has many other things going for it.

--Andy

I even hoard the Dwermer parts that I pick up. There's a pile of them in Breezehome next to my alchemist bench. I think they need a reality show for video game hoarders.

Postby Lootifer on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:27 pm

Melt those bad boys down!
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Serbia on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:57 pm

Depending on what he's hoarding, he most probably can't melt them down.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby CreepersWiener on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:03 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:

--Andy

I even hoard the Dwermer parts that I pick up. There's a pile of them in Breezehome next to my alchemist bench. I think they need a reality show for video game hoarders.

X-Play had this skit:
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/7 ... -hoarders/
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby Serbia on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:05 pm

All I want to say is "bump" but I'm worried I'll be accused of spamming. So instead, I'll let everyone know that I'm watching my wife Skyrimming while I drink beer and write posts.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:34 pm

Haven't played it since I beat the DragonBorn DLC. And got tired of Giant hunting, which is a LOT easier at a level higher than 10.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,