Conquer Club

AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Favorite Character Past and Current Season?

Rick
7%
Lori
2%
Carl
2%
Andrea
No votes
Dale
3%
T-Dog
No votes
Carol
5%
Hershel
2%
Glenn
7%
Maggie
No votes
Beth
2%
Daryl
44%
Merle
3%
Morgan
2%
Shane
5%
Michonne
15%
The Governor
No votes
Milton
No votes
Tyrese
No votes
Sasha
2%

Total votes : 59

Re: AMC: The Walking Dead (Season 3:SPOILER ALERTS!))

Postby ThatDogFenton on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:10 pm

Do you think Merle is redeemable at all?
Corporal ThatDogFenton

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:13 pm

ThatDogFenton wrote:Ok, she's officially supplanted Lori as the most useless character gaaaaaah

well lori is already dead....

ThatDogFenton wrote:Do you think Merle is redeemable at all?

if the Governor get a hold of merle hes just gonna kill him.
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:10 am

Anytime Beth starts singing and they kill the last five minutes of the show with her belting out some bluegrass number you know they just ran out of ideas for that episode. The last time she did that, the next episode was in a completely new setting and it looks like that's what's about to happen here too, based on the preview with Carl, Rick and Mitch on a road trip.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:17 am

I love Tyrese and Sasha. They quickly became my favorite characters. Tyrese is just a fucking beast who can rip your dick off at any moment but won't because he's a sweetheart. Sasha is just hot.

Also, is it just me or has every Hispanic on the show either (a) been a villian (b) acted like a villain at one point?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby CreepersWiener on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:12 am

Army of GOD wrote:I love Tyrese and Sasha. They quickly became my favorite characters. Tyrese is just a fucking beast who can rip your dick off at any moment but won't because he's a sweetheart. Sasha is just hot.

Also, is it just me or has every Hispanic on the show either (a) been a villian (b) acted like a villain at one point?

I haven't warmed up to them yet, but they both have been the better of the black actors since Morgan left in Season 1. Still waiting for Morgan to make his way back this season, but I don't see how they would fit him in at this point. I think the internet rumor train was wrong, and the whole Morgan reappearing in Season 3 was a red herring.

Well, the Hispanics on the bridge that Daryl saved weren't, but then again...where are all the Mexicans? With Mexicans being the largest minority group in the US, don't you think we would have had some Mexican characters joining the group?

Perhaps the underlying premise of the concept of "zombies" is "migrant workers" to some extent? Or, maybe all the Mexicans in the desert got ate?

Anyway, glad to see Andrea get the boot and haul her skank ass back to Woodbury. What a trampy two-faced whore! And Michonne let her know the truth about it! "[You] Chose a warm bed over a friend." It was the strongest exchange yet this season.

I found it on YouTube. You will have to watch it before YouTube pulls it. Also, you will have to turn it up, as someone videoed it directly off their television last night.

Now, I was unclear about Rick, Michonne, and Carl at the end. Were they going back to kill the Governor? Or talk peace? Why did Rick want to bring Carl with?

Well, I could have done without Beth piping up again. Probably wouldn't be so bad if she had a couple musical instruments to accompany her, but this whole singing A capella again was kind of annoying.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby whitestazn88 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:51 pm

andrea wouldn't kill the governor because that would be the worst move for the show to make.

beth singing is the worst. it really blows me, and like sax said it just fills time needlessly.

not sure what to think of the foursome showing up at woodberry, but I'm hoping the blacks come through.

as for merle, I think he'll sacrifice himself in some way, but he isn't redeemable in that group. which is sad, because he's pretty funny.
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby CreepersWiener on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:02 am

whitestazn88 wrote:andrea wouldn't kill the governor because that would be the worst move for the show to make.

beth singing is the worst. it really blows me, and like sax said it just fills time needlessly.

not sure what to think of the foursome showing up at woodberry, but I'm hoping the blacks come through.

as for merle, I think he'll sacrifice himself in some way, but he isn't redeemable in that group. which is sad, because he's pretty funny.

As much as you would like to hate Merle, his character would be missed. Ever since he disappeared during Season 1, everyone wanted Merle to come back.

Tyrese and Sasha have that cinematic aura about them that they will come around, as for the two white guys...they have already proved themselves to be enemies. They were thinking about murdering Carl and Carol for gods sake!

And please...NO MORE SINGING FROM BETH!
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby ThatDogFenton on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:10 pm

I think I read somewhere that AMC got a lot of positive feedback about the Singing Sisters in the season premier... would explain why the producers would want to try & milk the act more and randomly insert a song again. I think it'd work better if she was just off in the background singing to the baby or something, rather than forcing it as the highlight of a scene.

CreepersWiener wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:Also, is it just me or has every Hispanic on the show either (a) been a villian (b) acted like a villain at one point?

Well, the Hispanics on the bridge that Daryl saved weren't, but then again...where are all the Mexicans? With Mexicans being the largest minority group in the US, don't you think we would have had some Mexican characters joining the group?

Just a guess, but maybe we haven't seen Mexicans because overall travel seems to have ground to a halt? Ie, maybe there weren't as many Mexicans around Atlanta in the first place, and now that it's so dangerous to be out on the roads, we aren't seeing many non-zombie visitors from other regions. There was that one Hispanic family that was part of the original camp before they decided to leave, but I don't know if they ever said whether they were Mexican-American, or which ethnicity.

CreepersWiener wrote: Now, I was unclear about Rick, Michonne, and Carl at the end. Were they going back to kill the Governor? Or talk peace? Why did Rick want to bring Carl with?

Rick didn't give any indication as to his motives for going to see the Guv, as far as I could tell. As out to lunch as his sanity has been, maybe even Rick himself doesn't know what he's planning, lol.
Corporal ThatDogFenton

Postby nagerous on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:36 pm

CreepersWiener wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:I love Tyrese and Sasha. They quickly became my favorite characters. Tyrese is just a fucking beast who can rip your dick off at any moment but won't because he's a sweetheart. Sasha is just hot.

I haven't warmed up to them yet, but they both have been the better of the black actors since Morgan left in Season 1. Still waiting for Morgan to make his way back this season, but I don't see how they would fit him in at this point. I think the internet rumor train was wrong, and the whole Morgan reappearing in Season 3 was a red herring.

Perhaps the underlying premise of the concept of "zombies" is "migrant workers" to some extent? Or, maybe all the Mexicans in the desert got ate?

Anyway, glad to see Andrea get the boot and haul her skank ass back to Woodbury. What a trampy two-faced whore! And Michonne let her know the truth about it! "[You] Chose a warm bed over a friend." It was the strongest exchange yet this season.

I found it on YouTube. You will have to watch it before YouTube pulls it. Also, you will have to turn it up, as someone videoed it directly off their television last night.

Now, I was unclear about Rick, Michonne, and Carl at the end. Were they going back to kill the Governor? Or talk peace? Why did Rick want to bring Carl with?

Well, I could have done without Beth piping up again. Probably wouldn't be so bad if she had a couple musical instruments to accompany her, but this whole singing A capella again was kind of annoying.

Figure Carl did his spoilt brat I'm coming with approach and followed for a while unbeknownst to Rick and Michonne, who the way they've built her up should have definitely been able to sense him following.
Captain nagerous

Postby CreepersWiener on Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:27 pm

nagerous wrote:
CreepersWiener wrote:

Figure Carl did his spoilt brat I'm coming with approach and followed for a while unbeknownst to Rick and Michonne, who the way they've built her up should have definitely been able to sense him following.

As would be the case in season 1 or 2; but actually in season 3 Rick requested Carl accompany Michonne and himself to Woodbury. But I didn't follow what the planning was. Were they going to try to assassinate the Governor or what? If you were going to talk peace, why not bring Carol? Why bring your own son along? I can kind of see not taking Merle, Daryl, Glenn, or Maggie...they would be kind of loose cannons (however, Michonne was somewhat of a loose cannon too).

Does Rick want the Governor to see that he has a son and is willing to risk their lives in meeting with him?

Beth is just a singing babysitter...why doesn't she go out zombie patrol?

Oh well. We will find out next episode.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Postby Viceroy63 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:55 pm

These and many more questions answered on the next episode of...

...The Walking Dead! "Ta ta ra tara, Ta ta ra tara..." (Erie walking dead music plays on...)

:D LOL

You know what is truly Ironic; You would think that the world would unite under the threat of a walking dead future? But the longer our small group of survivors continue on, we find that their greatest fear is not the walking dead, but the living walkers.
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Postby maxfaraday on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:46 pm

Viceroy63 wrote:These and many more questions answered on the next episode of...

...The Walking Dead! "Ta ta ra tara, Ta ta ra tara..." (Erie walking dead music plays on...)

You know what is truly Ironic; You would think that the world would unite under the threat of a walking dead future? But the longer our small group of survivors continue on, we find that their greatest fear is not the walking dead, but the living walkers.

Read The Stand.
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:05 pm

im calling it now, them ignoring that guy is going to bite them in the ass at some point.
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby new guy1 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:13 pm

Hell yeah, you get them Carl!
Sergeant new guy1

Postby new guy1 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:14 pm

new guy1 wrote:Hell yeah, you get them Carl!

Stand corrected, BAD CARL, BAD!
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ThatDogFenton on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:14 pm

OHHHHHH YEAAAAHHHHHHHH!
Corporal ThatDogFenton

Postby ThatDogFenton on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:22 pm

maxfaraday wrote:
Read The Stand.

M-O-O-N that spells read the Stand, lawd's yes.
Corporal ThatDogFenton

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:29 pm

well...
he has lost a few screws...
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby ThatDogFenton on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:31 pm

crazymilkshake5 wrote:well...
he has lost a few screws...

Yeah, it's not quite the Rick-Morgan reunion I had envisioned. But HOLY MOLY it's Morgan!
Corporal ThatDogFenton

Postby ThatDogFenton on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:32 pm

Maybe Morgan's insanity will be what cures Rick's?
Corporal ThatDogFenton

Postby Viceroy63 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:35 pm

maxfaraday wrote:
Viceroy63 wrote:These and many more questions answered on the next episode of...

Read The Stand.

I never read the Stand but I saw the television miniseries and love it. I think that one of the things that most stands out in my memory of the series is how some from the good camp went over to the bad camp, and some from the bad camp switch sides also because of human frailties and strengths.

Like that nerdy guy (Harold) who was in love with the character that Molly Ringwald played (Frannie) and so he did not get the girl he wanted because he perceived that other guy (stu) to take her away from him. So it caused him to switch to the evil camp because he wanted, like revenge on him or something like that.

And then the other girl (Nadine) who was the girlfriend of that number one badguy (Randall Flagg) and was going to have his baby, and at first she was in love with him but then, perhaps because she was in the good camp for so long and something must have rubbed off on her but towards the end she could not stand to be in the sight of Randall Flagg. In the Series there is a point where he even reveals his true nature to her and she sees him for what he is and goes a little "maddy," after that she kills herself and her unborn baby. So in effect she switched sides also.

Stephen King is really good at describing the human condition and how we turn weak or strong due to personal relationships.

I see the same thing happening with Andrea. She had the chance to kill him (The Governor), but she did not go through with it because like Michonne (the black chick) said, Andrea traded in her friend for a warm bed. But I think it goes deeper than that. I think that Andrea is like one of those women who holds in the abuse from her husband because she hopes that she can perhaps change him with her love, which is still possible, but she knows what he is and exactly what she is getting into. If it don't work out, I'm gonna need a lot of Kleenex tissues this season. LOL. :)
Last edited by Viceroy63 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Postby ThatDogFenton on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:36 pm

Oh man, what if it's NOT really Morgan, but some other random crazy guy, and Rick's insane brain is just seeing it as Morgan because of the whacked out guilt trip he's on??
Corporal ThatDogFenton

Postby new guy1 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:01 pm

I feel like that last scene was just a kick in the teeth. Like "We wont take you, but we'll take your shit!" lol
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ThatDogFenton on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:01 pm

new guy1 wrote:I feel like that last scene was just a kick in the teeth. Like "We wont take you, but we'll take your shit!" lol

YES. Gave me a chill, what hard cases they're becoming.
Corporal ThatDogFenton

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:04 pm

f*ck Carl, he's such a piece of shit character.

Also, can someone fill me in on the last two minutes of the show? I had to poop so badly. Not even kidding.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,